• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DLSS 3 Mod creator for Jedi Survivor/TLOU and other games adds a DRM to his Red Dead Redemption 2 DLSS 3 Mod

Paid mods: good or bad idea?

• I'm ok with that

Votes: 30 14.7%
  • Nah, that sucks

Votes: 174 85.3%

• Total voters

Mithos

About mods.

1. A mod that's called "free" and you do not need to pay to download and install should; NEVER have a paid mod as a dependency.
2. A mod that is a paid mod should; NEVER have another mod that is paid as a dependancy, a paid mod should ONLY ever have the vanilla game as a dependency.

That is my opinion, because otherwise hundreds or thousands of mods that is "free" would require you to pay for "dependency mods" to be able use them.
For the paid mods, unless it's as I wrote earlier, could cause a dominoeffect, you want THAT ONE paid mod, but it depends on another paid mod, that mod also require a different paid mod and so on...

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Starfield might be easier than I expected
I just checked the Starfield's exe, it's very easy to find the FSR2 functions it seems.
I can maybe get DLSS2 working even before DLSS3, and within maybe two hours I can get a basic functionality working.
And I am gonna release the DLSS2 version on nexusmods.
But DLSS3 still needs to wait, and will only be on patreon.
Nice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom