• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Interactive is requesting a takedown of the controversial Hot Coffee mod in Red Dead Redemption 2

CyberPanda

Banned
Last week we informed you about the controversial Hot Coffee from Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, being available for the Red Dead Redemption 2. Hot Coffee is the inaccessible mini-game that portrayed animated sexual intercourse.

Now a week later and Take-Two is already on the prowl looking for modders to punish. Which is very typical of Take-Two, as per usual. According to YouTuber Swegta, Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar’s legal respresentative reached out to one of the creators of the Hot Coffee mod. They requested for the mod to be taken down, because the mod breaks the game’s End User Licence Agreement and Code of Conduct.

According to the modder, the mod does not contain any nudity or nude models. It only uses assets that are currently in the game. The animations are from the bar mission with Lenny and the moaning sounds are from character injuries.

This is a single-player mod that affects only your own personal game. So I see no reason for all this trouble. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rockstar was planning a Hot Coffee paid DLC.

You can read the whole story here.

Thanks PCGamesN.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Just watched this mod on Youtube. It's not even nude. It's just a woman sitting fully clothed on a fully clothed man.

The original Hot Coffee was not normally accessible in San Andreas, but it hit the headlines after the release of the Hot Coffee mod for the PC version in 2005. This mod granted access to the mini-game, which portrayed sex between main character Carl "CJ" Johnson and his chosen in-game girlfriend. Assets for Hot Coffee were also found in the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions, prompting the ESRB to re-rate San Andreas Adults Only, some shops to withdraw and recall the game, and federal and legal action as well as civil class actions.
Fast forward to 2020, and Rockstar is having another Hot Coffee moment, this time in Red Dead Redemption 2. But while its co-creator says they've been ordered to pull the mod offline, they believe they are in the right - and Take-Two's legal team is "confused". Speaking to Eurogamer, one of the mod's co-creators, who goes by the aias Unlosing, said they received an email on 15th February from a member of the legal team representing Take-Two and Rockstar at New York firm Frankfurt Kurnit (Frankfurt Kurnit has represented Take-Two in the past).

As for the legal threat, I asked Unlosing whether they were concerned.
"Well, yes and no," they replied. "I have seen them take legal action on modders before so it's definitely a possibility, but I doubt they will actually try to take this matter to court. I think Take-Two is a little confused about what the mod consists of."
At the time of this article's publication, the Red Dead Redemption 2 mod is still available to download from Nexus Mods. It's already had over 3000 downloads, and that number will surely rise as word spreads.
As for what's next, Unlosing sounds defiant: "I don't think I'm going to take the mod down any time soon," they told Eurogamer.
The ball, it seems, is in Take-Two's court.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...heir-hot-coffee-mod-down-despite-legal-threat

Original hot cofee in san andreas NSFW
GTA8.jpg

jpg
RDR2 "HOT COFFEE"

Last edited:
It's silly of Rockstar to threaten someone over a mod. It's sad to see what society we live in where it's a fatal sin to have lewd material in the game, well, not even a game, it's a downloadable mod.
It's clearly stated on the esrb's rating of the game, MATURE. Plus Rockstar didn't even make this one, a third party did.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol amazing

i got the original hot coffee mod to work on SA. it was actually pretty fun.

I'm allowed to murder anyone in cold blood in your game. What the issue Rockstar?
i mean the game is largely a murder simulator. you can't play chess or paint a house or do lots of other things. being allowed to murder people is sort of the base action of any video game. how many other video games can you have sex in? blame video games i guess.

violence is more acceptable than sex in pop culture. thus they are protecting their brand. not doing anything with this mod out in public would get them in legal trouble. if they allowed sex in the game then the game would be rated differently. it would then be pulled from store shelves, etc. would be a pretty stupid business move to throw your game under the bus so that some random mod works.

it's not their fault that violence is fine in games. that's the industry's hang ups. go blame all the journalists who whine about boobs and waifus and normalize a culture of violence over sex.

Last edited:

Impotaku

Shame it wasnt that suspicious shack where you go in and the hillbilly inside gives you a good seeing to, call the mod coffees gon bad lol

CyRuZ

Banned
Dev's and pub's trying their best to fuck over their customers lately. Activision going all out on leakers, Rockstar/T2 on Modders. Gaming industry is a place of scumbags nowadays.

I'm actually surprised that GTA isn't rated AO.... Especially all the shit you do in the game.... What's wrong with a little CHON CHON on a wild west game? Take Two truly are goofy

Isn’t there a sequence in RDR2 where the player can take a bath and request a handjob? I recall it being vague and indeterminate, but the intimation was inconspicuous.

Top Bottom