• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2' Now Ninth Best Selling Game Ever (45m)

wvnative

Just remember, they pulled support and won't even be fucked with a 60fps patch.

R* has devolved.

this is truly one of the most vile things i've witnessed first hand.

RDO needed work, but had a magnificent foundation to build on, and deserved better support, it never got a fair shot.

But hey business is business right? you can semi understand if online wasn't pulling in any money, but the single player game being the 9th best selling game of all time, deserved a proper PS5/Series upgrade, and would not have cost much to do, the PC port already has higher level assets. But they won't even do that...

Other publishers are watching rockstar like they've done hit their head. It's so baffling to piss this magnificent game down the shitter.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
dude deserves the success , such a hard worker even at this age

Strauss-Zelnick.jpg

Certinty

Greatest game I’ve ever played by a long ass way so completely well deserved.

The Graphics, open world, variety, side activities, story, characters, attention to detail, soundtrack, score and so much more are pretty much perfect.

Not sure how any game anytime soon can one up this one to be totally honest.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Still one of the best looking games on the market. Playing on PC is such a better experience than playing on the consoles. I'm really surprised they didn't at least unlock the framerate for next-gen. The game will have long legs on just about every platform I'd wager, but it'd keep the conversation and discussion around it going longer if they put in some love for the newer consoles. I bought my Pops and Xbone to specifically play RDR 2 which has easily become his most played game that he STILL plays a few times a week. I'm thinking when I get the extra cash, I'm just gonna buy him a PC to play it so that we can play the MP together...

I still need to get back to it, I found it very impressive but really overwhelming and slow, not to mention how easy it is to get side tracked.

Last edited:
Loved both games so damn much and was so wrong about thinking Arthur couldn't match what they did for John. It's beyond disappointing we haven't, and may never, get a new gen patch for it.

MiguelItUp

I still need to get back to it, I found it very impressive but really overwhelming and slow, not to mention how easy it is to get side tracked.
There's definitely one specific part of the campaign where I felt like it was slow, and put it down for awhile. But then I picked it back up, pushed through, and it got amazing real quick.

I'd definitely recommend staying on the main path until you're done and then going back to do the extra stuff. I mean, it's different for everyone, but man, it's so easy to distracted. Then there's SO much to do it's easy to get overwhelmed.

mortal

Gold Member
Of all time, of all time.

Yet R* still can be bothered to support Red Dead Online even despite the very vocal demand from the player base, or patch RDR2 for current gen. Absolute madness.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
RDR2 was great. It really remains to be seen how much Rockstar has changed following the departure of Dan Houser (who was a huge part of every beloved Rockstar game including writing, creative direction, and project management), as well as the huge cultural shift inside the company.

Companies very rarely stay the same after key, visionary talent departs. BioWare for example, was an amazing studio - until it wasn’t (and still isn’t), easily making some of the best games of all time before devolving into absolute mediocrity.

I would think at the very least RDR2 will get a full priced “next gen” version at some point. Highly doubt any updates will be handed out for free given the potential money on the table.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
No more Leslie Benzies.....and that is a major loss.

It is a shame that they wanted the same backend money from Red Dead online that they get from GTA online and not getting that caused them to no longer update.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No more Leslie Benzies.....and that is a major loss.

It is a shame that they wanted the same backend money from Red Dead online that they get from GTA online and not getting that caused them to no longer update.
Sad part is. With all the money and sales, they still use a P2P style protocol, that is how it was able to be hacked so easily on the PC which made it a total mess.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Their co-founder and lead writer has left. You watch the change of tone they will have, especially with the other article I posted.

Hey, the left can still be very GTA friendly, they want to defund the police afterall 😆 and legalise drugs/sex work, we may get actual brothels in the leftist utopia GTA 😆

And to be fair RDR2 was a change of tone, it was quite a realistic depiction of that time without being to upsetting to the left or right.

I know but he is the one who made and focused on GTA online. The housers didn't want to do it.
That's a positive in my book, though I suppose I can see why it would upset others

I don't have any proof of this, but I strongly suspect it's why they didn't push rdr 2 online as hard

But personally I'd prefer they focus on single player content

A.Romero

Hey, the left can still be very GTA friendly, they want to defund the police afterall 😆 and legalise drugs/sex work, we may get actual brothels in the leftist utopia GTA 😆

And to be fair RDR2 was a change of tone, it was quite a realistic depiction of that time without being to upsetting to the left or right.

Do you realize DeepEnigma said the co-founder left, not that he votes left, right?

Don't see how all you said has any relevance to the topic.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Dan Houser left R*... not that "he is left."

RDR2 was an amazing tone that I don't think we will ever get back if current R* does a 3. And the left did get upset at a lot of things you could do in the game. But yes, more culture war internet drama.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Do you realize DeepEnigma said the co-founder left, not that he votes left, right?

Don't see how all you said has any relevance to the topic.
I was referring to his belief that theres going to be some PC change of tone.

I think the recent article doesn't paint that picture. Having none sexist douchebag culture in the work place and not having racist, transphobic, homophobic etc things in the game is a good thing.

I mean both sides of the isle are still ok with adult themed content. I remember it used to be the religious right who used to be against GTA.

Sleepwalker

The fact this game still doesn't have a next gen patch, lmao.

Wayching Rockstar turn into GTA only is depressing to witness.
They will give it the GTA V treatment next year (probably, they need to release something if gta 6 not ready), as in reprint and upgrade path instead of free patch. And goddamn it they will get my money.

RDR2 was an amazing tone that I don't think we will ever get back if current R* does a 3. And the left did get upset at a lot of things you could do in the game. But yes, more culture war internet drama.
To be fair, I don't think anyone saw rdr 2 surpassing 1 (subjective obviously, but a common opinion) either to be fair

They will give it the GTA V treatment next year (probably, they need to release something if gta 6 not ready), as in reprint and upgrade path instead of free patch. And goddamn it they will get my money.
The rumor was that they gave up on the idea of porting the game to this current gen.
I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later though but it still sucks.

Sosokrates

Yes theres going to be people who cry about everything. but even a middle left of centre R* could still make a great GTA game. Look at left media, hollywood, TLOU2 etc still have many of the things that a decent GTA game needs.
I mean what crucial elements of GTA5 pissed off the left? The majority of the game is doing scores and killing people, the left dont mind that, robert de nero is a left guy and he did the movie HEAT, which GTA5 got a lot of inspiration from.
Disney put that movie "fresh" which is really fucked up and sick on Disney+ and they are really left company.

Last edited:
Yes theres going to be people who cry about everything. but even a middle left of centre R* could still make a great GTA game. Look at left media, hollywood, TLOU2 etc still have many of the things that a decent GTA game needs.
I mean what crucial elements of GTA5 pissed off the left? The majority of the game is doing scores and killing people, the left dont mind that, robert de nero is a left guy and he did the movie HEAT, which GTA5 got a lot of inspiration from.
Disney put that movie "fresh" which is really fucked up and sick on Disney+ and they are really left company.
Just look up sexism/raxism/transphobia and gta 5 and you'll find dozens of articles and message board posts about each one lol

I voted for Bernie x2, and am a staunch Rockstar fan since gta 3, and woke cunts (religious nut jobs too) have been crying about every iteration since

Top Bottom