• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2' Now Ninth Best Selling Game Ever (45m)

MOTM

Banned
My favourite game ever, second favourite game is RDR.

I have a feeling we won’t be getting another one or something similar for a very long time.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Imagine if it had good gameplay.
red dead redemption 2 bang GIF by Rockstar Games

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Just look up sexism/raxism/transphobia and gta 5 and you'll find dozens of articles and message board posts about each one lol

I voted for Bernie x2, and am a staunch Rockstar fan since gta 3, and woke cunts (religious nut jobs too) have been crying about every iteration since

Yeah, they make up tiny portions of the game, i dont think they are needed to make an amazing GTA game. They can handle it loke they handled the KKK in RDR2, they were in the game but the game wasn't for or against them it just had them in there and the choice was up to the player to do what they wanted to them. Or did the kkk set themselves on fire? I cant remember, but even if R* did burn the kkk i think thats a good thing. I just want a good crime story I have no issue not having insults to the LGBTQ folks, plently of great media can do this, I mean the movie heat jas no LGBT insults and its great.

My favourite game ever, second favourite game is RDR.

I have a feeling we won’t be getting another one or something similar for a very long time.
I mean, it's the 9th best selling game of all time, they won't abandon the franchise lol.

Story with younger Dutch maybe? I'm sure there's all sorts of places they can go.

That being said, you're definitely right about it being a very long time away lol

Yeah, they make up tiny portions of the game, i dont think they are needed to make an amazing GTA game. They can handle it loke they handled the KKK in RDR2, they were in the game but the game wasn't for or against them it just had them in there and the choice was up to the player to do what they wanted to them. Or did the kkk set themselves on fire? I cant remember, but even if R* did burn the kkk i think thats a good thing. I just want a good crime story I have no issue not having insults to the LGBTQ folks, plently of great media can do this, I mean the movie heat jas no LGBT insults and its great.
It's gta, EVERYONE should be made fun of. I'm ok with them getting a bit more serious in tone, but if they're still going for the snarky criticism of society, LGBT crybabies shouldn't be coddled.

You can make fun of people without it being directly offensive, which is what gta has been doing for decades.

And yeah the kkk set themselves on fire, which was hilarious

Last edited:

Sosokrates

It's gta, EVERYONE should be made fun of. I'm ok with them getting a bit more serious in tone, but if they're still going for the snarky criticism of society, LGBT crybabies shouldn't be coddled.

You can make fun of people without it being directly offensive, which is what gta has been doing for decades.

And yeah the kkk set themselves on fire, which was hilarious
Thays like staying black people should be made fun of because they are black.
Or do you count skin colour is no go but sexuality and gender is ok to take the piss out of?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Or do you count skin colour is no go but sexuality and gender is ok to take the piss out of?
It should be a free-for-all.

If you want to be normalized into society, then no special treatments or protections based on immutable characteristics or lifestyle choices. Equal opportunity satire.

They absolutely make fun of different racial cultures.

Thug gangsters, redneck meth cooks, slimy jew lawyers (I'm Jewish btw), gta has never touched on race, nope.

All hilarious, LGBT needs to stop crying and be able to laugh at themselves like everyone else, Tony was a fantastic over the top dramatic gay character as an example, don't get rid of that

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
I bought this game day one and played maybe 3 hours of it. I really don't know why. One of these days I'll restart it and probably kick myself after it's over for having waited so long.
Same here, I bought the game day one on PC and played 'till the crew reached their first campground, a little past the train heist, and haven't touched it since. I know it's amazing, I just haven't had the time to properly enjoy it. I should just leave my wife and kid.

Sosokrates

It should be a free-for-all.

If you want to be normalized into society, then no special treatments or protections based on immutable characteristics or lifestyle choices. Equal opportunity satire.
Isn't there a difference between jokes and persecution, racism, homophobia?

I don't think somone should feel horrible just because of the way they were born, unless they are harming others.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I don't think somone should feel horrible just because of the way they were born, unless they are harming others.
The game doesn't persecute anyone. It's satire.

The start is realllllyyyyy boring, snow everywhere and the first missions are kinda shitty. After that its awesome.
I thought the start was AMAZING! Then again, it felt like The Hateful Eight, so probably why I liked it so much.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

They absolutely make fun of different racial cultures.

Thug gangsters, redneck meth cooks, slimy jew lawyers (I'm Jewish btw), gta has never touched on race, nope.

All hilarious, LGBT needs to stop crying and be able to laugh at themselves like everyone else, Tony was a fantastic over the top dramatic gay character as an example, don't get rid of that
Oh, i think having jokes within black culture is not racism. I mean black folks do funny shit just as much as white folks. For example the jokes on GTA:sa about fat big smoke and cheap skate sneaky ryder or in the closet OJ loke were not racist or homophobic.

Give me an overt example of persecution, racism, and homophobia in gta.

All 3

If people feel horrible because of gta wait until they step outside.

Entertainment shouldn't need to coddle people afraid of their own shadow

Sosokrates

Give me an overt example of persecution, racism, and homophobia in gta.

All 3

If people feel horrible because of gta wait until they step outside.

Entertainment shouldn't need to coddle people afraid of their own shadow
For me I dont think there was any, but I thought u said there was some?

I think its a case of crazy people saying there is racism or homophobia in GTA5 when there isnt.

Oh, i think having jokes within black culture is not racism. I mean black folks do funny shit just as much as white folks. For example the jokes on GTA:sa about fat big smoke and cheap skate sneaky ryder or in the closet OJ loke were not racist or homophobic.
That's my point, LGBT culture should be able to take the same jokes as everyone else

Gta has literally never tried to hurt anyone's feelings

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's my point, LGBT culture should be able to take the same jokes as everyone else

Gta has literally never tried to hurt anyone's feelings
Exactly. If you get offended by something you chose to buy or consume on some form or another... you have things deeply wrong with you, and you're the one that needs to seek help to work those things out.

Last edited:
For me I dont think there was any, but I thought u said there was some?

I think its a case of crazy people saying there is racism or homophobia in GTA5 when there isnt.
Oh no, I don't think there is at all.

I said if you Google them, you'll find idiots crying about these perceived slights. I wasn't clear enough I suppose.

YCoCg

And yet Rockstar still refuse to do a next gen patch for it as they want to focus on GTAO and the next GTA.

clarky

Gold Member
Did you ever try playing in first person?

Feels/plays a LOT better to me (gta 5 too for that matter)
Cant say i did. It wasn't just the super sluggish controls, the outdated mission design was fucking awful.

Might reinstall it just for a ride around the frankly amazing world they made though

Last edited:
clint-eastwood-nod.gif

Hell yeah, well deserved.
- Fantastic story and writing
- Spectacular voice acting across the board
- Vast open world with a lot of locational variety
- Great dialog
- Fun gameplay. I know people complain about the gameplay but I found it fine myself.
- A lot of variety of things to do in the game world

My boy Arthur deserves it and more
My favorite protagonist in video games ever.

Exhibit A (warning, minor spoilers in there):

Where's this narrative that Rockstar is upset with rdr 2 coming from lmao

The asshole who pushed gta 5 online so hard (benzies) isn't there anymore so they didn't put the same effort into rdr 2

There, that's your answer.

As for the port, gta 5 for xbox one was ready before the console came out, they released gta 5 for xbox 360 a month before xbox one came out, and waited a year and to get duplicate sales on Xbox one next holiday season.

It didn't receive an Xbox one x or ps4 pro enhancement

Rdr 2 is getting the same treatment gta 5 did you Muppets, they're assholes for doing it this way but they aren't spitting on rdr 2

Top Bottom