• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 & PC U PC & XseX = PC

VFXVeteran

Banned
People going to PC in overwhelming numbers could damage gaming in several ways... large companies such as MS and Sony will no longer research hardware and make breakthroughs such as the SSD I/O.
Or bring tech like the Bluray or make decent quality VR experiences accessible and the headset more comfortable.

Then they will have no reason to invest in capital intensive games such as TLOU, GOW, Horizon etc etc..... they will figure they are better off to follow the EA / Activision models of making games full of MTX's and expansions and lootboxes.

That's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the harm it could cause..... loads of developers would lose their jobs, contracts would be lost by small indies. Loads of really bad shit. Less competition and more reason for bad practice.

Now we have a good conversation Bryank75 Bryank75 !

It is certainly something to think about as this generation moves on. I get the feeling that Sony WILL lean more towards a brand than hardware. I think they are going to feel the financials with PC releases with Sony brand to see how much money they could bring in. In short, yes, I'm thinking Sony is going the way of Microsoft as far as games are concerned.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
You don't get it do you?

None of these games are available for ALL platforms. These are PS5/PC exclusive. There are other exclusives that are strictly PS coming to PC that haven't been announced yet (please take my word on this as I have been right about everything concerning the PS). An exclusive isn't just considered an exclusive if it's ONLY for one platform. Halo is Xbox exclusive but coming to PC as well.. etc.. etc..

The point of this thread is to inform people that the best of both worlds (i.e. PS5 and XsX) would be the PC platform which is getting the majority of BOTH platform games.
I mean when the man has a track record to back him up....at some point you gotta put the pitchforks down and just accept the fact that we are one big happy family now (as long as you have a pc)

Bryank75

Banned

It is certainly something to think about as this generation moves on. I get the feeling that Sony WILL lean more towards a brand than hardware. I think they are going to feel the financials with PC releases with Sony brand to see how much money they could bring in. In short, yes, I'm thinking Sony is going the way of Microsoft as far as games are concerned.
Do you really think they will sell that much software on PC? Like what numbers are you thinking?

There was alot of people with the idea that PS5 was gonna cause some issue with crossplatform development because SSD.
That obviously won't be the case.

Fair point. The average PC gamer does not own a high end SSD but the "power of ssd" was always mostly marketing talk. They wont ever push it to its limits and it'll always be optimized to run on HDD as well.

Voidout

I'm not side-stepping anything. You are right. The PS exclusives will only be available for the PS5. Despite what I know. Sorry for wasting my time.
All the PS5 exclusives at this event are coming to PC? IS that what you are saying? If those are the rumors so be it but you said in the post that "some" big games are coming. Does that constitute the entire PS5 exclusive library?

Voidout

According to him, he is an insider and he knows all these things and we should just take his word for it that all PS exclusives on this event and some that aren't even announced yet will all come to PC... 🤷‍♂️
I just want to know id thats what he actually means lol. He said some games are coming thus PS5 has no purpose over PC but then I say what about the games not coming to PC and he says I am contradicting him? I dont understand.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Do you really think they will sell that much software on PC? Like what numbers are you thinking?

It could be a lot. I think the "game" itself is what Sony is rolling the dice on. HZD is a stellar product that will sell. Likewise with alot of the other exclusives like TLoU2, Spiderman, etc..

I also got the jist of the 2nd SKU being digital only. I bet that's their future. Everything is slowly going digital. The cloud will be next..

Voidout

Don't twist my words.

Also, "according to him" is funny. You still don't want to accept that I know stuff.. LOL! It hurts you to the bone to admit it huh?
Dude can you just restate your words? You were unclear. Are all PS exclusives coming? Or some PS4 games? Or some ps5 games?

Bryank75

Banned
All the PS5 exclusives at this event are coming to PC? IS that what you are saying? If those are the rumors so be it but you said in the post that "some" big games are coming. Does that constitute the entire PS5 exclusive library?
None of the fist party PS5 titles are going PC.... maybe one or two might in 8 years or something.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I just want to know id thats what he actually means lol. He said some games are coming thus PS5 has no purpose over PC but then I say what about the games not coming to PC and he says I am contradicting him? I dont understand.

I don't know about every 1st party exclusive coming to PC (and neither do my sources). But I do know what I've heard. And I heard HZD isn't the only 1st party title coming to PC.

As the announcements begin to roll out.. I'm saying some people might want to consider getting the best of all worlds. In the end, it might end up being a cheaper alternative than buying both systems and trying to keep up with mid-gen refreshes (if there are any), etc..

Last edited:

JimboJones

If they plan to go with all in like MS with cloud streaming alot of their games will have a pc version developed anyway so I guess it's up to them what way they want to approach it, keep it exclusive to their stream servers or trickle them out on PC stores too.
Interesting times.

Voidout

I don't know about every 1st party exclusive coming to PC (and neither do my sources). But I do know what I've heard. And I heard HZD isn't the only 1st party title coming to PC.

As the announcements begin to roll out.. I'm saying some people might want to consider getting the best of all worlds. In the end, it might end up being a cheaper alternative than buying both systems and trying to keep up with mid-gen refreshes (if there are any), etc..
ok thank you for clarifying homie

Bryank75

Banned
It could be a lot. I think the "game" itself is what Sony is rolling the dice on. HZD is a stellar product that will sell. Likewise with alot of the other exclusives like TLoU2, Spiderman, etc..

I also got the jist of the 2nd SKU being digital only. I bet that's their future. Everything is slowly going digital. The cloud will be next..
I guess we will see.... cloud gaming doesn't seem to be catching on much. I wouldn't use it anyway. Too many downsides and concerns.

All digital, only if I am pushed and I think the European courts might have something to say about games only being available in one digital store..... I know there is a case at the moment. Having games in physical stores sidesteps that issue in europe anyway.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Actual Footage of VFXVeteran VFXVeteran from the location of this thread.

BlackandwhiteRealHorsemouse-size_restricted.gif

My money's on the guy in the middle.

If you guys haven't realized what's going on next-gen, then let me fill you in.

Sony is making a lot of PS5 titles only available on the PS5 and PC, likewise Microsoft is doing the same with it's Xbox Series X exclusives and the PC.

The common denominator in all of this is the PC getting nearly ALL the games.

Deathloop
Ghostwire
Hellblade 2
Godfall
Oddworld
Horizon Zero Dawn
Death Stranding
Project Athia
Flight Simulator

Think about that for a minute..

yup, l think the days of "PS5-only" are over mostly. Maybe 1-2 games or so for every 5 years max, but other than that mostly PC+PS5. Thing is, how are they going to make full use of PS5 SSD then? It's impossible. They would have to create different levels/Designs.

I kinda still can't wrap my head around why would playstation leave their hardware in the dust to focus on branding with pc in mind. It seems sony's gaming division is in better state than ever. I don't know. Shifting focus to delivering IPs to PC seems to me kinda shortsighted. I'd get if they'd bring older games in the IPs just to get people to buy newer games on PlayStation, but if what you're saying is mostly true then I have no idea what sony's plan is later down the road with gaming. Especially seems weird when when it comes to hardware they have no competition when it comes to sales.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
yup, l think the days of "PS5-only" are over mostly. Maybe 1-2 games or so for every 5 years max, but other than that mostly PC+PS5. Thing is, how are they going to make full use of PS5 SSD then? It's impossible. They would have to create different levels/Designs.
I mean the PS5's SSD won't be the best forever. Though I struggle to imagine when an SSD like this would be mainstream enough for it to be included in the minimum specs for PC.

Bryank75

Banned
I kinda still can't wrap my head around why would playstation leave their hardware in the dust to focus on branding with pc in mind. It seems sony's gaming division is in better state than ever. I don't know. Shifting focus to delivering IPs to PC seems to me kinda shortsighted. I'd get if they'd bring older games in the IPs just to get people to buy newer games on PlayStation, but if what you're saying is mostly true then I have no idea what sony's plan is later down the road with gaming.
I think it's mostly wishful thinking... people know PlayStation exclusives are great but I can't see them putting many on PC.
Maybe one or two if they lost money on a game and needed to make it up.... but as a broader strategy it would ruin their business model. They would lose all their 3rd party sales and subs.

But I can understand the PC crowd wanting the games.... it's natural.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
Last edited:
If VFXVeteran VFXVeteran could be portrayed from someone in a movie (ironically this one specifically), this would be him.

“You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

daninthemix

Dude seriously can you at least give us a timescale for announcements, if you can't mention the games themselves?

Top Bottom