• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 & PC U PC & XseX = PC

VFXVeteran

Banned
If you guys haven't realized what's going on next-gen, then let me fill you in.

Sony is making a lot of PS5 titles only available on the PS5 and PC, likewise Microsoft is doing the same with it's Xbox Series X exclusives and the PC.

The common denominator in all of this is the PC getting nearly ALL the games.

Deathloop
Ghostwire
Hellblade 2
Godfall
Oddworld
Horizon Zero Dawn
Death Stranding
Project Athia
Flight Simulator

Think about that for a minute..

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Sony is making a lot of PS5 titles only available on the PS5 and PC, likewise Microsoft is doing the same with it's Xbox Series X exclusives and the PC.

Deathloop
Ghostwire
Hellblade 2
Godfall
Oddworld
Horizon Zero Dawn
Death Stranding
Project Athia
Flight Simulator

3a0.gif

CurtBizzy

Deathloop
Ghostwire
Hellblade 2
Godfall
Oddworld
Horizon Zero Dawn
Death Stranding
Project Athia
Flight Simulator

What about demon souls ?

ACESHIGH

Banned
I've come to this realization before last gen started and took the plunge and built a PC. When I saw fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Injustice, KOF13 and more reaching the platform I noticed something was changing. And then it just started to get bigger as time went by.

800 games according to GoG Galaxy in my accounts, it's really hard to go back. Nintendo should follow suit once their obsolete C Suite is phased out. Their consoles are the easiest to emulate so it's their loss... even Atlus seems to understand that these days.

Last edited:

Rikkori

And seeing so many of these games be late '21 releases or later, when PC will be 3 gens ahead already... it's hard to justify a console for a handful of titles that are still exclusive. The value will just be too great for self-builders.

Lethal01

I actually don't know what you are trying to say...
There have always been games that release on all platforms...
Nobody has been saying that the launch of the next gen consoles mean all developers will be suddenly dropping pc support.

Seriously, what is this thread trying to inform us about?

diffusionx

Gold Member
I said it as soon as the hype machines started ramping up, anyone who cares enough about vidya to post on a forum like this should seriously consider the PC. It has more to offer than ever, and every gen less and less games stay on consoles. I really think Sony will be putting most if not all of their games on PC, HZD is just a start.

Brofist

Ah, but you forgot the ~Switch

If only there was a way to play those games on PC

I said it as soon as the hype machines started ramping up, anyone who cares enough about vidya to post on a forum like this should seriously consider the PC. It has more to offer than ever, and every gen less and less games stay on consoles. I really think Sony will be putting most if not all of their games on PC, HZD is just a start.

Yep pretty much

Last edited:

Vroadstar

Deathloop
Ghostwire
Hellblade 2
Godfall
Oddworld
Horizon Zero Dawn
Death Stranding
Project Athia
Flight Simulator

What the heck is this thread about, spreading FUD? connecting the recent PS5 show by saying "Sony is making a lot of PS5 titles only available on the PS5 and PC" and then list Horizon Zero Dawn the only real 1st party exclusive released 3 years ago? and then ending with PC getting nearly all the games. Closed this useless thread.

diffusionx

Gold Member
This is completely false.

PS5 exclusives are not going to release on PC for several years.

I disagree, for two reasons. One, Sony is going to make a lot of money on the PC. It's going to get harder and harder to ignore that as time goes on. Two, the PS5 and PC markets are pretty much distinct. There's not much overlap and PC sales don't cannibalize PS5 sales or vice versa. You're just reaching more people with your game.

I really don't think there is any downside to putting your game on as many platforms as possible. There's no way HZD is a one-off.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
What the heck is this thread about, spreading FUD? connecting the recent PS5 show by saying "Sony is making a lot of PS5 titles only available on the PS5 and PC" and then list Horizon Zero Dawn the only real 1st party exclusive released 3 years ago? and then ending with PC getting nearly all the games. Closed this useless thread.

You don't get it do you?

Sony confirmed both games would make their console debuts on PS5, with GhostWire: Tokyo set to release on PS5 in 2021, and Deathloop launching this holiday season on PS5 and PC simultaneously. GhostWire: Tokyo is also due to release on PC, although the blog post does not confirm a date for this.

Project Athia is coming to PlayStation 5 and PC. There's no release date.

Oddworld: Soulstorm is coming to PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC via the Epic Games Store, Oddworld Inhabitants has announced.

None of these games are available for ALL platforms. These are PS5/PC exclusive. There are other exclusives that are strictly PS coming to PC that haven't been announced yet (please take my word on this as I have been right about everything concerning the PS). An exclusive isn't just considered an exclusive if it's ONLY for one platform. Halo is Xbox exclusive but coming to PC as well.. etc.. etc..

The point of this thread is to inform people that the best of both worlds (i.e. PS5 and XsX) would be the PC platform which is getting the majority of BOTH platform games.

Last edited:

hunthunt

Banned
Im genuinely asking and not trolling this topic but, did they reallly announced Spiderman, Horizon, Ratchet and Clank, Sackboy and Gran Turismo for PC?

Crazy if true but I dont see the info anywere except for the release of Horizon 1 on PC which came out in Ps4 like 5 years ago.

Vroadstar

None of these games are available for ALL platforms. These are PS5/PC exclusive. There are other exclusives that are strictly PS coming to PC that haven't been announced yet (please take my word on this as I have been right about everything concerning the PS). An exclusive isn't just considered an exclusive if it's ONLY for one platform. Halo is Xbox exclusive but coming to PC as well.. etc.. etc..

The point of this thread is to inform people that the best of both worlds (i.e. PS5 and XsX) would be the PC platform which is getting the majority of BOTH platform games.

So you are reaching? where's Ratchet and Clank here, where's Spiderman Miles Morales, where's Gran Turismo 7? heck where's Uncharted, Ghost of Tsushima, Infamous? Oh hey where's Demon Souls an 11 year old game. Those are all Sony 1st party exclusive games aren't they based on your definition. You even listed Horizon Zero Dawn, so are you saying the new one which is actually part of the show will also released day and date on PC as well?

And you want people to take your word for it that all PS exclusive games will be released on PC from here on out? I've never seen an insider with as
big as ego like you.

If you are so sure of yourself, please do tell what are these "other exclusives that are strictly PS coming to PC"

Voidout

You don't get it do you?

Are those unannounced games PS4? Cause the PS5 has Ratchet, Horizon 2, GT 7, Sackboy, Demon Souls, and Spiderman Miles. Those were the majority of highlights at the show.

Psykodad

Banned
You don't get it do you?

So, nothing really changed. 😏

Although, some older Playstation games including Death Stranding is something.

Last edited:

Voidout

You can't sit there in your lazy chair and declare that all the PS games that now include the PC are no longer exclusives. What games last gen (or the one before that) that came out for Sony only came out on the PC too? None.

I know what's coming and I've told you over and over and over again. All you do is ridicule my words simply because they came from me. You act like I'm some Oz behind the curtains making all this shit happen.

Whether you like me or not doesn't matter. What matters is what I've said.

1) I told you about the PS5 power levels (~9.2TF) over a year ago - you told me I was crazy.
2) I told you about HZD coming to PC - you brushed that off and I even got banned from REE for speaking the truth.
3) I even hinted at another HUGE 1st party exclusive and you ignored it
4) I tell you about the graphics pipeline and you brush it off because it doesn't fit your narrative.
5) I told you there would be 2 SKUs at release. You laughed at my face.
6) I told you have I legitimate insiders in the Sony space that revealed all of this to me and you ignore it because you don't like me?!?

Now I'm telling you to open your damn eyes and see what I've been trying to tell you for well over half a year so it won't hit you in the face and knock you out!

Look around - if you get off my ass you might actually pay attention to some of my comments.
Are all their exclusives are coming to PC? If not I dont see the argument. There will always be an exclusive lineup of titles.

You don't get it do you?

My dude, besides project athia all those games were known to come to PC before being announced for PS5. Whats the news here?

Bryank75

Banned
I've been on PC, I have no real desire to go back... I don't find it a pleasant user experience. Windows is pretty bad and I like the whole integrated platform PlayStation has going on.
The SSD is also a big selling point and there will be a mid gen upgrade.

I put much more value on PS exclusives and playing them day 1 than having access to a load of mediocre PC / Xbox games. (Mediocre in my opinion.)

You'll also be waiting for a lot of Japanese games and Rockstar games etc on PC.
I don't know why people try so hard to talk others out of buying consoles... The only reason many games exist is because PlayStation is a thing. Otherwise a huge portion of the games you play just wouldn't get funded or would be half the games they are filled with MTX's.

A PlayStation and Nintendo is my usual combination. Offers the best quality and variety for me.

Last edited:

Voidout

Im genuinely asking and not trolling this topic but, did they reallly announced Spiderman, Horizon, Ratchet and Clank, Sackboy and Gran Turismo for PC?

Crazy if true but I dont see the info anywere except for the release of Horizon 1 on PC which came out in Ps4 like 5 years ago.
Really curious eh xD

You can't sit there in your lazy chair and declare that all the PS games that now include the PC are no longer exclusives. What games last gen (or the one before that) that came out for Sony only came out on the PC too? None.

I know what's coming and I've told you over and over and over again. All you do is ridicule my words simply because they came from me. You act like I'm some Oz behind the curtains making all this shit happen.

Whether you like me or not doesn't matter. What matters is what I've said.

1) I told you about the PS5 power levels (~9.2TF) over a year ago - you told me I was crazy.
2) I told you about HZD coming to PC - you brushed that off and I even got banned from REE for speaking the truth.
3) I even hinted at another HUGE 1st party exclusive and you ignored it
4) I tell you about the graphics pipeline and you brush it off because it doesn't fit your narrative.
5) I told you there would be 2 SKUs at release. You laughed at my face.
6) I told you have I legitimate insiders in the Sony space that revealed all of this to me and you ignore it because you don't like me?!?

Now I'm telling you to open your damn eyes and see what I've been trying to tell you for well over half a year so it won't hit you in the face and knock you out!

Look around - if you get off my ass you might actually pay attention to some of my comments.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

VFXVeteran

Banned
My dude, besides project athia all those games were known to come to PC before being announced for PS5. Whats the news here?

I already said what I had to say. PC will get a lot of games from both platforms that won't be available from PS5 - > XsX and vice-versa. XsX isn't getting Oddworld, and neither is PS5 getting Halo 5 but both will be available for PC. That's all I was trying to say. Some people got the message and commented appropriately.

Last edited:

Voidout

All the games on PC...

8B2xypg.gif
Why does he side step people bringing this up? 9 games were announced to be only on PS5 today. 9. Are ALL those coming to PC?

IF you respond that they are all coming to PC or that the entire PS4 library is coming to PC you have an argument. But even with your "many others will come" (lets say 5 big IPs move over), PS5 has a big exclusive library regardless?

I already said what I had to say. PC will get a lot of games from both platforms that won't be available from PS5 - > XsX and vice-versa. XsX isn't getting Oddworld, and neither is PS5 getting Halo 5 but both will be available for PC. That's all I was trying to say. Some people got the message and commented appropriately.

My dude. Oddworld, Ghostwire, Godfall, Deathloop, etc. will eventually be on all platforms. Those examples are not like Halo or like HZD. Arkane is owned by Bethesda and Bethesda will always launch all their games on all platforms for max revenue. Same applies to Godfall which is Gearbox, etc.

VFXVeteran

Banned
My dude. Oddworld, Ghostwire, Godfall, Deathloop, etc. will eventually be on all platforms. Those examples are not like Halo or like HZD. Arkane is owned by Bethesda and Bethesda will always launch all their games on all platforms for max revenue. Same applies to Godfall which is Gearbox, etc.

That may be true, but that isn't known and you can't assume that it is known.

Is Predator: Hunting Grounds coming to XsX? How about Death Stranding? You think that's coming to Xbox? Did Borderlands 3 come out for only 2 systems and then later release to a 3rd platform?

VFXVeteran

Banned
Why does he side step people bringing this up? 9 games were announced to be only on PS5 today. 9. Are ALL those coming to PC?

IF you respond that they are all coming to PC or that the entire PS4 library is coming to PC you have an argument. But even with your "many others will come" (lets say 5 big IPs move over), PS5 has a big exclusive library regardless?

I'm not side-stepping anything. You are right. The PS exclusives will only be available for the PS5. Despite what I know. Sorry for wasting my time.

Vroadstar

According to him, he is an insider and he knows all these things and we should just take his word for it that all PS exclusives on this event and some that aren't even announced yet will all come to PC... 🤷‍♂️

VFXVeteran

Banned
According to him, he is an insider and he knows all these things and we should just take his word for it that all PS exclusives on this event and some that aren't even announced yet will all come to PC... 🤷‍♂️

Don't twist my words.

Also, "according to him" is funny. You still don't want to accept that I know stuff.. LOL! It hurts you to the bone to admit it huh?

Last edited:
That may be true, but that isn't known and you can't assume that it is known.

Is Predator: Hunting Grounds coming to XsX? How about Death Stranding? You think that's coming to Xbox? Did Borderlands 3 come out for only 2 systems and then later release to a 3rd platform?

It's a given. No idea about Predator since I have no interest but DS came from PS4 to PC and they kinda sorta mentioned a PC version even before it launched on PS4. Borderlands 3 released on all platforms, not sure how that fits your narrative. But yes some games are double exclusive like HZD or Gears but what is the catch here? This is what we're all wondering? What exactly are you implying? We dont get the point of the thread, the news. Are you saying PC is amazing because fuck yeah it is.

VFXVeteran

Banned
It's a given. No idea about Predator since I have no interest but DS came from PS4 to PC and they kinda sorta mentioned a PC version even before it launched on PS4. Borderlands 3 released on all platforms, not sure how that fits your narrative. But yes some games are double exclusive like HZD or Gears but what is the catch here? This is what we're all wondering? What exactly are you implying? We dont get the point of the thread, the news. Are you saying PC is amazing because fuck yeah it is.

The PC will get the most games across both platforms. Done.

Vroadstar

Shhh... he knows stuff that everybody knows...and because of that we are hurtz

Don't twist my words.

Also, "according to him" is funny. You still don't want to accept that I know stuff.. LOL! It hurts you to the bone to admit it huh?

Radical_3d

So. PC is getting third party games and a 4 year old first party game clearly launches to hook you up to the newly announced sequel for the new system. Welp, that’s big. Time to upgrade my card.

Jigsaah

Gold Member

Deathloop
Ghostwire
Hellblade 2
Godfall
Oddworld
Horizon Zero Dawn
Death Stranding
Project Athia
Flight Simulator

I mean I think I get what you're saying here. Correct me if I'm wrong but are you basically providing evidence that Sony is definitely doing PC just like Microsoft is?

For people like me, who don't have the cash (or not willing to spend the cash) needed to buy the necessary upgrades to make the games look just as good on PC, it's a difficult choice

Spend about $1000 and have access to most of the games AND can still play on PC at a lower quality.

Or (at least in my case) spend roughly about $1500 to make the necessary upgrades to do the same on just PC while my consoles sit in last gen hell. (I have a n i5 8400 and a 1070ti currently)

Looking at this from all angles though, there will be PC games that you can't play initially on XSX or PS5 kinda like Valorant and Escape from Tarkov is now. There's value in that for sure.

Also, at this time, my TV can only do 120 FPS via interpolation ( I have a Samsung KS8000) and it doesn't have HDMI 2.1 capability.

But on the other hand, my main monitor would need to be upgraded to 1440p at least. I don't believe 4k gaming is worth it for PC at this time, mainly due to the distance you typically sit from the monitor.

So I think it'll all boil down to preference, i think.

Bryank75

Banned
People going to PC in overwhelming numbers could damage gaming in several ways... large companies such as MS and Sony will no longer research hardware and make breakthroughs such as the SSD I/O.
Or bring tech like the Bluray or make decent quality VR experiences accessible and the headset more comfortable.

Then they will have no reason to invest in capital intensive games such as TLOU, GOW, Horizon etc etc..... they will figure they are better off to follow the EA / Activision models of making games full of MTX's and expansions and lootboxes.

That's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the harm it could cause..... loads of developers would lose their jobs, contracts would be lost by small indies. Loads of really bad shit. Less competition and more reason for bad practice.

Last edited:

JimboJones

There was alot of people with the idea that PS5 was gonna cause some issue with crossplatform development because SSD.
That obviously won't be the case.

Top Bottom