• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 Games Finally coming to PS4/PS5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars shows up on the PSN backend

Spyxos

Far too late and too little. Now it will be half-heartedly supported again for 2-3 years and with ps6 there will be no support for it again for years if at all.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
hayden christensen fun GIF

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sony never promised backwards compatibility that’s clear I look at backwards compatibility posts like this:

200.gif

What would a fully backwards compatible system look like?

Kataploom

Gold Member
That's good, I downloaded GoW 1 and 2 ISOS so I could play those because there's no legal way in my country to play them on a current PS console, cloud gaming isn't even an option to me... Literally the sole reason I went back to dark places of the internet after years of not pirating lol

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
The only PS2 games that I want as of right now is Haunting Ground, Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly and The Thing. Those are the only ones that I don't have access to legit outside emulation. Other than that, I own every PS2 game I want through re-releases, either on PS3 or PS4. I hope PS5 brings some good shit to the table. I read that the programmer for this particular emulator has worked on PCSX2, so the quality on the ports should be good.
Guess what. You won't get any of them 👌

You'll get some shitty Harry Potter game, and you'll be happy.

Until this comes up again for the PS6.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I know the pain to well waiting for Sony to put the actual good games out on emulation :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Years. Years upon years of waiting..

Hoping..

Cursing!

We got a couple of good ones at least.

Rogue Galaxy
Jak and Daxter trilogy
Twisted Metal Black

Unfortunately that was during PS4 and they never pushed more PS2 games. I reckon there will be more published now on PS5 since Sony has dropped mandatory trophy support. That's why PS2 releases on PS4 came to a halt.

sachos

Finally PS2! Hope they do good emulation, they should really improve their PS1 emulator to get it closer to Duckstation, that experience is so much better than the official emulator.

nial

Far too late and too little. Now it will be half-heartedly supported again for 2-3 years and with ps6 there will be no support for it again for years if at all.
No reason if they make sure these emulated versions run well on PS6 BC. They don't have to do this from scratch every single gen.
Also, this is one of their PS Plus Premium perks, so it will surely last more than that.

Top Bottom