• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Legends Arceus announced (3D open world pokemon game)

hemo memo

Gold Member
giphy.gif
. its not develop by nintendo.
Game Freak. Tomayto, tomahto.

carlosrox

Banned
Then don't read it.

I don't understand what your problem is with the criticism of Pokemon games? What about it is bullshit?

It's the language used. Do you not have anything more decent to say than calling a piece of art/work *garbage*? Calling something garbage or lazy isn't a "critique".

It's just a really shit way of "critiquing" something and says nothing.

How about some nuance? How about not being so black and white and acting like something is completely devoid of merit?

Blanket shitting on stuff (except for sports games, that I'll allow 😉) is weaksauce and it's really not hard to understand why that shit is annoying to read.

Last edited:
Looks amazing. Didn't care for Sword/Shield but this one caught my attention. Just imagine following legendary Pokémon through that map! I hope there's some life simulation in this game with things like a home you can customize, collectibles, stuff to change the looks of your Pokémon etc.

Areiz

Banned
Looks amazing. Didn't care for Sword/Shield but this one caught my attention. Just imagine following legendary Pokémon through that map! I hope there's some life simulation in this game with things like a home you can customize, collectibles, stuff to change the looks of your Pokémon etc.
I'm hoping for a satisfying and original good story for this one

Kamina

Golden Boy
I am looking forward to leaning more about the story of this game.
If that is right and the gameplay and Pokémon collecting is nice, i can look beyond the weak graphics.

It's the language used. Do you not have anything more decent to say than calling a piece of art/work *garbage*? Calling something garbage or lazy isn't a "critique".

It's just a really shit way of critiquing something and it says nothing.

How about some nuance? How about not being so black and white and acting like something is completely devoid of merit?

Blanket shitting on stuff (except for sports games, that I'll allow 😉) is weaksauce and it's not really hard to understand why that shit is annoying to read.
In this instance, however, it shouldn't be hard to see the flaws - it's more or less self-evident.
But if you want a more nuanced critique I'm more than happy to supply some. First an foremost, the visuals. Now I'm no graphics snob, but this game doesn't have a particularly unique or interesting aesthetic. It looks like they're trying to go for that Breath of the Wild look, but the outcome at this stage is dismal. It looks marginally better than Sword and Shield does and despite looking significantly worse than BotW has frame rate issues. Which to me is unacceptable. Yes it's pretty far from release still, but GameFreak since X and Y doesn't exactly have a spotless track record. And their most recent outing(s) in Sword and Shield were arguably the most phoned-in games the franchise has ever seen. After the 4th or 5th Gym, the game loses all story impetus and the region narrows and constricts to a laughable extent.

Gameplay? Looks like a Pokémon game. Move animations don't look that good, but hey they were terrible in SW/SH so what exactly were we expecting.

From a lore point of view we appear to be in feudal Sinnoh, but for some reason ye olde pokeballs look exactly the same as in the future?

Will all of the flaws attributed to recent Pokémon apply to Legends? Who knows, but what they've shown so far doesn't exactly fill me with a great deal of hope. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Roufianos

Using words like objectively doesnt make your opinion fact....
What a trash, needlessly confrontational post. I never said it did. What are you just bored and looking for an argument?

Feel free to disagree, couldn't give a damn what you think.

Technically the game looks pretty poor and that can be objectively measured to some extent, more so than something like art direction. Good for you if you think it looks good.

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
What a trash, needlessly confrontational post. I never said it did. What are you just bored and looking for an argument?

Feel free to disagree, couldn't give a damn what you think.

Technically the game looks pretty poor and that can be objectively measured to some extent, more so than something like art direction. Good for you if you think it looks good.
Well objectively I think you sound a bit like a self righteous tool. Am I doing this right?

Saber

Gold Member
In this instance, however, it shouldn't be hard to see the flaws - it's more or less self-evident.
But if you want a more nuanced critique I'm more than happy to supply some. First an foremost, the visuals. Now I'm no graphics snob, but this game doesn't have a particularly unique or interesting aesthetic. It looks like they're trying to go for that Breath of the Wild look, but the outcome at this stage is dismal. It looks marginally better than Sword and Shield does and despite looking significantly worse than BotW has frame rate issues. Which to me is unacceptable. Yes it's pretty far from release still, but GameFreak since X and Y doesn't exactly have a spotless track record. And their most recent outing(s) in Sword and Shield were arguably the most phoned-in games the franchise has ever seen. After the 4th or 5th Gym, the game loses all story impetus and the region narrows and constricts to a laughable extent.

Gameplay? Looks like a Pokémon game. Move animations don't look that good, but hey they were terrible in SW/SH so what exactly were we expecting.

From a lore point of view we appear to be in feudal Sinnoh, but for some reason ye olde pokeballs look exactly the same as in the future?

Will all of the flaws attributed to recent Pokémon apply to Legends? Who knows, but what they've shown so far doesn't exactly fill me with a great deal of hope. I hope I'm wrong of course.

They don't usually change during the course of development. Who knows I might be wrong, but I wouldn't hold my breath either. GF devs are very mediocre despite years in the market.

theclaw135

Banned
Itt: the game doesn't look good graphically, therefore. the game is ruined

Looking good as art doesn't mean it'll be good in motion in the form of a video game. Deservedly or not Japanese developers have long been associated with brilliant visuals that lack gameplay substance (see PC-98).

Areiz

Banned
the formula has a lot of potential but there's zero trust they are actually able to make it reach its true potential
The money for make great things they have them. For the final result we can now only have faith in the best case scenario.

Last edited:
Top Bottom