• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Legends Arceus announced (3D open world pokemon game)

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It look really bad for the first trailer but that is what i am expect from game freak
Bro that was just the early build

haha Gamefreak would never release something like th

SHBEdjBMrpUggstZJDws4n-1200-80.jpg

oh

Like the stream that cut in and out I'm not expecting much but this game will sell because

1. Pokemon
2. Open world
3. Ancient weeb era

Grass fucking everywhere/10.

Robb

Gold Member
Really happy to see this, even if it does look rough right now. Hope it turns out well!

What the fuck was that?

How do you constantly have 3D Pokemon games look like shit.

Open worlds are supposed to give off a feeling of grand scale. Yet here your trailer looks like some barren, unimaginative, and tedious field of nothing that you could take 10 mins to make in unity. That’s not exciting.

You’re going for this water color graphical style, but you look like you gave up half way. Then just said fuck it here’s some generic anime peeps that we couldn’t bother to give some distinct personality to.

Oh and it’s the feudal era so here’s some buildings we ripped from some cell phone city building game.

It just looks so low effort. And it’s not because of the power of the Switch. BOTW exists.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Did not expect a Sinnoh Prequel at all. Plus going with my favorite setting of Feudal Era? I'm all in. Most glad that despite all the changes, it still retains the same visual style I love in Pokemon.

Fake

At least something different. Still a long way to be a better game, but I guess this is the route.

the graphics are bad even worse than pokemon sword and shield but i like the concept.

At this point I prefer them to admit and focus on art style rather than graphics.

MMaRsu

Banned
Pokemon Snap, Diamond and Pearl Remakes, and then this game all within the next year?

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Happy Brad Pitt GIF

The Nintendo Game Company And The Switch Are The Best Things That Ever Happened To Gaming.

Yeah who doesnt love rehashes and no innovation paired with graphics that look like they are from a 15 year old machine?

And Nintendo / Pokemon fans bending backwards for them, just proves that they dont need to innovate or use talent for this franchise.

UnNamed

Banned
BotPokemon is an interesting concept, but for now there isn't much to say, it's in early development and it shows. I'm currently playing The Witcher and it's like a next gen in comparison.

BOTW Pokemon and BOTW 2 are pretty much seal the deal for Nintendo Switch sales momentum in 2021 and 2022.
I doubt we will se BotW2 in 2021

Last edited:

Wunray

Guys c'mon that thing is launching in November next year they have basically 2 years left of dev time I'd give them until june to show some improvements.

Fake

Guys c'mon that thing is launching in November next year they have basically 2 years left of dev time I'd give them until june to show some improvements.

Really hope so. Looks like shit, but a lot of potential. I really hope Nintendo put others team to help polish this game.

Everything I heard sounded great. Everything I saw was the opposite. Early 2022 seems too soon and I’m not setting my expectations to high for this one.

Also, the logic behind the starters has me scratching my head.

Ok this looks good. This actually looks like the Pokemon game that came out a few years ago should have looked. None of the other games have me interested but this does.

Last edited:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Bro that was just the early build

haha Gamefreak would never release something like th

SHBEdjBMrpUggstZJDws4n-1200-80.jpg

oh

Like the stream that cut in and out I'm not expecting much but this game will sell because

1. Pokemon
2. Open world
3. Ancient weeb era

Grass fucking everywhere/10.
Agree. I thought Legends looked terrible. Looked like a low budget indie game that one guy made. I ain't buying that unless it's significantly improved. I don't know who's idea it was to release a trailer like that.

If the full game releases like that next year. Man. Fans should petition Nintendo.

Derktron

Banned
Really hope so. Looks like shit, but a lot of potential. I really hope Nintendo put others team to help polish this game.
I agree looks bad but it's still being developed till 2022 for personally, I'll hold my judgment.

Derktron

Banned
Agree. Give time, who knows.
Yeah, I like the idea of an open-world game but from the looks of it from first judgement was that it looked way too damn empty. That's the problem with those games anyways. Big open-world game yet it's filled with such emptiness.

Kumomeme

they finally make openworld botw style pokemon game. footage still look rough. work in progress perhaps. there reason why there no proper gameplay scene.

the mc particularly femc basically ninja version of hikari/dawn

celebrate go team GIF

wonder if the ninja theme related to open world gameplay element. we did see the character hide in bush.

Looks interesting, hopefully a switch pro or something comes out. Console is starting to show age at only 3 years old. Games looking quite rough you really notice the switch’s limited capabilities with the new hyrule warriors game, game drops frames constantly

Top Bottom