• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Studios and Kojima Announce Tatical Espionage New IP

WitchHunter

Banned
3-4 years?
I'd say 2030 best case scenario.
They will start production after DS2 releases and thst can be as far as 1.5 years from now.
Then with a 5 year dev cycle, you got 2030.

I believe we'll see the first trailer around 2027.
What are you talking about? They have a full game engine ready for them. Now they only need to flagellate Shinkawa and the others and it'll be ready in 2 years : D.

Gaelyon

Gold Member

PHYSINT​

SYPH_N _I_T__
------O F L ER

LXT0bik.jpg

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
PHYSINT- What it is and what isn't. By GhatGPT:

The acronym "PHYSINT" typically stands for "Physical Intelligence." In various contexts, it might be associated with different meanings. Here are a couple of possible associations:
  1. Military and Security:In military and security contexts, PHYSINT might refer to Physical Intelligence, which involves the collection and analysis of information related to physical elements, such as infrastructure, terrain, or the characteristics of physical objects. It can be a part of intelligence gathering to support military or security operations.
  2. Technology and Cybersecurity:PHYSINT can also be associated with the field of technology and cybersecurity. In this context, it might refer to Physical Intrusion, a term used to describe unauthorized physical access to secure areas, facilities, or systems. It involves assessing and preventing physical threats to information systems.

The connection between PHYSINT (Physical Intelligence) and tactical espionage lies in the utilization of physical information and characteristics to support espionage activities. Here are some points of connection:
  1. Surveillance and Reconnaissance:PHYSINT plays a crucial role in surveillance and reconnaissance activities. In tactical espionage, operatives may use physical intelligence to gather information about the layout of buildings, locations of security systems, and other relevant physical details to plan and execute covert operations.
  2. Infiltration and Access:Tactical espionage often involves gaining physical access to secure locations. PHYSINT can aid in understanding the physical security measures in place, identifying vulnerabilities, and devising strategies to infiltrate or bypass them without detection.
  3. Asset Identification:PHYSINT can be employed to identify and track specific physical assets of interest. This may include monitoring the movements of individuals, tracking the transportation of sensitive materials, or understanding the physical infrastructure of targeted facilities.
  4. Physical Security Analysis:Espionage operatives may use PHYSINT to analyze and exploit weaknesses in physical security measures. This could involve assessing the effectiveness of barriers, surveillance cameras, access control systems, and other physical defenses.
  5. Covert Communication:Physical intelligence can be used in the development of covert communication methods. Understanding the physical environment helps operatives establish secure communication channels while avoiding detection.
It's important to note that these connections are based on the general principles of espionage and security. The specifics may vary depending on the context, mission objectives, and the nature of the intelligence being sought.

This is just the best possible news!
After Konami botching the collection, and Delta looking a bit... off? (Seriously, as great as most stuff looked that parrot was iffy)
This is what I've dreamed of. Kojima and his fully unleashed insanity, with a budget bigger than the GDP of some small countries.

It'll end up on PS6, and I will buy it just for that since PC's will be even more expensive by then.

CGNoire

Im calling BS with his "Interactive Game" comment. This shit will be 95% non interactive cutscenes. Ill bet the bank on it. Kojima is trolling Columbia for there access to talent and funds to make the Big Hollywood "Film" he always wanted too.
Its would be a classic Kojima move.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It's hard to get hyped really. MGS4 was awesome but MGS5 and death stranding were both mediocre. So this one's a maybe super hyped from me. Have to wait and see. 🤷‍♂️

Hudo

Seems like this is not going to be a video game in the traditional sense similar to how "OD" is experimenting with new technologies and ways to experience multimedia content. I wonder if we will see the same amount of concern trolling here that the OD presentation a month ago generated or if it was mostly due to the name of the publisher attached.

Thinking Reaction GIF by ABC TV + IVIEW
I agree. The way he mentioned Sony's capabilities in terms of music and film makes it appear to be some sort of cross-media project. Which sounds exactly like something Kojima is into.

It's hard to get hyped really. MGS4 was awesome but MGS5 and death stranding were both mediocre. So this one's a maybe super hyped from me. Have to wait and see. 🤷‍♂️

I'm guessing you don't like gameplay? MGSV has one of the best gameplay/open world sandboxes ever made. The story is okay just not finished. Could have been one of the best games ever made.

Death stranding I couldn't give a shit about.

StueyDuck

Oh boy are the crazies gonna have a field day with all this.

Where's that nutjob from era who got banned from reddit for posting dick pics all over a conspiracy thread 🤣.

Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics some of these people do for this game

Please don't be open world

If Phantom Pain had been based around a massive base or bases to infiltrate (which I was hoping for based on Ground Zeroes), we'd all still be ranting about it as the peak of the stealth genre.
Instead we got two big, empty open worlds. The focused missions, and base infiltrations were incredible, but so much of it was empty and pointless.

Let Kojima's imagination run wild, but do NOT let him make it an open world game. Please, Sony. PLEASE!?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Were these incorporated into the game itself or were they separate?

Alan Wake 2 has FMV incorporated directly into the game in some very creative ways.

Quantum Break is a bit older and Remedy were less refined back then. In that games case, you get those FMV episodes at the end of game chapters. Not during the game playing part itself.

An interesting announcement. He basically said this is my new mgs style game without saying that.

We all know Konami have plans to remake the first, second etc after delta. I guess this is Kojimas pride or even ego coming out. MGS5 was left on a sour note with him leaving Konami. I take this as him having the series in which he built taken away from him - so he'll go off and create his own.

Audiophile

If Phantom Pain had been based around a massive base or bases to infiltrate (which I was hoping for based on Ground Zeroes), we'd all still be ranting about it as the peak of the stealth genre.
Instead we got two big, empty open worlds. The focused missions, and base infiltrations were incredible, but so much of it was empty and pointless.

Let Kojima's imagination run wild, but do NOT let him make it an open world game. Please, Sony. PLEASE!?

I'd like to see some sort of substantial and expansive/customisable, moving base (like a ship, sub and/or flying craft) paired with multiple locations around the world or a given continent varying from tight, mostly linear infiltration levels to wide-linear levels through to smaller, densely packed open worlds. With the latter two perhaps having safehouses or mini bases.

Last edited:
I'd like to see some sort of substantial and expansive/customisable, moving base (like a ships, subs and/or flying craft) paired with multiple locations around the world or a given continent varying from tight, mostly linear infiltration levels to wide-linear levels through to smaller, densely packed open worlds. With the latter two perhaps having safehouses or mini bases.
Right now I'd settle for something similar to MG2: Solid Snake's sprawling base for the first game, then expand on it with your suggestions in a sequel.
I think if there was a focus on one big location they could focus on things like the AI of the guards, or crazy boss fights.

I've been saying if anyone buys Kojima Productions it'll be Sony so Kojima can do his movie crap on top of making games.
Looks like he'll be doing that anyway while being independent.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I think Kojima needs someone to question his decision making. I just think after MGS5, he’s gone off the rails. I hated DS, have no interest in his Xbox cloud game and this next thing…… I don’t know. I think he needed Konami to keep him in check. Just my opinion. At the end of the day though, I’m happy he gets to make what he wants. I just don’t know if he’s going down a path I want to go on.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It doesn’t matter when a game launches, we waited years for the last guardian for example, try to catch the bugs and glitches before it launches. When the world saw cyberpunk 2077 for example the launch errors ruined the experience.

I wonder what can meld cinema and gaming to the next level? It has to go beyond QTE's and walking simulators.

• I doubt it has something to with V.R.
  • It can't be a separate movie that summarizes the entire game...everyone's journey would be different (unless it's a linear storyline).
  • Would TV series work? Try to meld the "choose your own adventure" interactivity that Netflix did with Black Mirror
  • Gameplay can explore settings/environment/area of a pre-existing movie that is owned by Sony Pictures?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
XBox needs to announce spiritual successor to P.T. with Kojima at their next showcase.

"We will begin work on this new project once O.D. is completed.

Chittagong

Gold Member
This announcement with literally nothing, not even a name, reeks of Kojima’s desire to one up Konami’s inevitable Metal Gear Solid announcement, betting that Konami fans will be soured from Silent Hill.

Godot25

Banned
I kinda don't understand point of this announcement.

We are looking at playing this game in 2030 at earliest. Death Stranding 2 is 2025 (if they won't delay it even further) and AAA game development nowadays is 5-6 years. It sure looks like this is cross-gen PS6 game or PS6 only.

It reminded me Bethesda when they revealed The Elder Scrolls VI as a game that "we will work on when we will finish Starfield." Only difference was that Bethesda was kinda desperate to sell themselves so I kinda get why they did that. In case of Kojima I truly don't understand.

EDMIX

This announcement with literally nothing, not even a name, reeks of Kojima’s desire to one up Konami’s inevitable Metal Gear Solid announcement, betting that Konami fans will be soured from Silent Hill.

um....orrrrrr them just telling you the new game they are work on.

Top Bottom