• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for October: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – The Definitive Edition, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age, A

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Vice City Definitive Edition for me it, because I already own all the others. Damnit.

But cool, I never actually played Vice City. I only watched other people play it a little back in the day, or took control just to goof around on the Faggio to try and make everyone laugh.

jaysius

Banned
Funny story, I paid for one month of Plus Plus(whatever the fuck the 2nd tier is called) and I got 52 days out of it, I kept checking my credit card to make sure they didn't charge me extra, they didn't.

Has anyone else gotten extra days out of their one month sub?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Funny story, I paid for one month of Plus Plus(whatever the fuck the 2nd tier is called) and I got 52 days out of it, I kept checking my credit card to make sure they didn't charge me extra, they didn't.

Sounds like they rolled into it some days from regular plus if you still had it.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
dont-touch-a-thing-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory.gif

Games pass.

Aenima

If it was ur 1st time subscribing to PS+ it might have included some kind of trial time. No idea if the PS+ even has a trial time, i know PS Now had, and back in the PS3 the normal PS+ also had a 30 days trial. Thats the only time i was subbed to PS+ during the PS3 gen, and was enought to beat Dragon Dogma Dark Arisen and becoming a big fan of the game.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I will play vice city for sure. I was going to pick up the trilogy at launch but then seen the way it shipped and I’m glad I saved my money. It looks like it’s patched up quite well now and vice city is arguably the best of the bunch. Damn, GTA6 is going to be unreal. Can’t wait.

Aenima

Does stuff leave this service and if so do you get notice of when its leaving
I think so far nothing left the new PS+ Tiers. PS Now had some games leaving but those games would say untill when they would be available. Seems like they made longer deals for the new PS+ tiers.

Skifi28

I think so far nothing left the new PS+ Tiers. PS Now had some games leaving but those games would say untill when they would be available. Seems like they made longer deals for the new PS+ tiers.

I know for a fact shadow warrior 3 has left. There's a "leaving soon" section in the subscription tab on the PS5 and it now shows red dead redemption.

Aenima

Extra stays wining. At $40 over the regular sub, it's borderline cheap enough for me to stay subbed. I'ma keep track of how many games I really played on it when my year is up.
I only paid 13€ to upgrade to Extra, cuz it expires the same day as my basic PS+, so was around 120 days of sub for only 13€ that paid itself the moment i doanloaded 1 game.

Its actually a nice "hack" to pay less for the Extra tiers. Just sub 1 year of the basic PS+, keep it that way for some months while the PS+ tiers keep getting filling with games, then upgrade for Extra for less money cuz you will only pay based on how many days you have left on ur normal PS+ sub.

For those 13€ i paid, i already played:

- Demons Souls PS5 (beated it twice)
- Returnal (droped it after around 20 hours of frustation, fuck rogue-like games)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (beated it)
- SM Miles Morales (Beated it)
- Metro Exodus (Beated it)
- Ass Creed Valhalla (Finished the main story and a few side content)
- DeathLoop (Beated it)
- Stray (Beated it)

And a few other smaller indie games, some finsihed others didnt liked it and droped them.

Aenima

I know for a fact shadow warrior 3 has left. There's a "leaving soon" section in the subscription tab on the PS5 and it now shows red dead redemption.
Yeah just noticed it now. It says RDR and Soma leaving soon, and if you click on the game to open its page and put the cursor on the button with the PS+ icon, it shows the day it expires.
RDR (PS3) leaving day 17
Soma (PS4) leaving day 18

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
For those 13€ i paid, i already played:

- Returnal (droped it after around 20 hours of frustation, fuck rogue-like games)
- DeathLoop (Beated it)
- Stray (Beated it)
What did you think of Demon's Souls? Have you played Dark Souls or Elden Ring?

I know Deathloop isn't exactly a rogue-like, but it seems you enjoyed it enough to complete it while didn't enjoy Returnal enough to keep playing. I haven't played Returnal yet, but I'm in a similar boat when it comes to rogue games; I really enjoyed Deathloop, and similarly the Mooncrash DLC for Prey.

Fbh

So... are PS exclusives games stay on leave the service after a while?

As far as I know they haven't said, and the service hasn't been around for long enough to know. But so far none have left.
Personally I don't think they'll take them away, Gamepass already has the advantage of Day 1 releases so not even keep the older stuff on the system would look bad for Sony IMO.

Personally though since getting the extra tier I've prioritized playing the third party stuff first (like Guardians of the Galaxy, Stray and the FF7 Remake DLC) as you never know how long those will be there.

Aenima

What did you think of Demon's Souls? Have you played Dark Souls or Elden Ring?

I know Deathloop isn't exactly a rogue-like, but it seems you enjoyed it enough to complete it while didn't enjoy Returnal enough to keep playing. I haven't played Returnal yet, but I'm in a similar boat when it comes to rogue games; I really enjoyed Deathloop, and similarly the Mooncrash DLC for Prey.
I played all Souls games since the original Demons Souls on PS3 (still havent played Sekiro yet) I found Elder Ring too big and atually lost interest in the game in the 2nd half of the game once i started seeing repeated bossed and copy/pasta dungeons with repeated bosses. Still a great game but i enjoy the more focused souls games with less build option. Cuz 90% of the loot i got in ELden Ring was useless to my build. Felt less rewarding defeating bosses or exploring dungeons.

I love Demons Souls, maybe because it was my 1st Souls game, so it was my souls school. It still felt great after all these years. And Bluepoint did an amazing job with the remake.

Deathloop is not really a rogue like, it uses a system similar to rogue like games, but you can "buy" the weapons and skill you want to take for ur next loop, so the more you play the bigger ur arsenal of skills and weapons you have permanently with you. You also have 3 lifes before the game sends you back to a new loop and the game is pretty easy so dying is not really a big deal once you get some good weapon and some cool powers.

Returnal is super punishing, the shooting gameplay is amazing and is not even too hard, just the bosses and minibosses are a big threat, my problem with Returnal is once you die and go back to the start you lose pretty much everythig. Thers only a few upgrades that stay with you but you start with ur starter shitty weapon and takes a good amount of time to upgrade urself back to something decent. Once i died 2 times in the 3rd Biome Boss and got kicked back to the star of the 1st biome, losing pretty much hours of acumulated upgrades, it just feels frustating, and eventually droped it. A shame cuz the gameplay is a masterpiece of 3rd person shooting.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

I would bet I have the biggest backlog of any active member of these boards.

Haven't played for 7 months with new job, wife has been sick and needing assistance, and daughter with school and homework.
I log on here for 10 minutes and maybe comment once a day.

I probably have 30 games I want to play, and have in my library, and won't get to them all.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I would bet I have the biggest backlog of any active member of these boards.

Haven't played for 7 months with new job, wife has been sick and needing assistance, and daughter with school and homework.
I log on here for 10 minutes and maybe comment once a day.

I probably have 30 games I want to play, and have in my library, and won't get to them all.
30 games?!

200.gif

Crayon

- DeathLoop (Beated it)
- Stray (Beated it)

This service is really solid for the money. That's a strong list. I owned several because I was in new console honeymoon period, but I'll probabaly use this more in the future because I tend to wait for deep sales.

nial

Gold Member
Also, Limbo, USF4 and Everyday Shooter all have PS4 and PSP ports, so why not just give those instead of the PS3 streaming versions?

Yeah. I am totally not opposed to streaming some games but it should be a last resort. For PS3 games that never got ported to anything. As soon as there is a pc port they should offer that as a stream, via stadia...

I am not even through with the first ac2 and they bombard us with them all. They could have stretched it to one per month imho.

Inside, everyday shooter, lord of shadow... nice
heh check out the blog, Limbo and USF4 are the PS4 versions now, I guess it could be the same with Everyday Shooter?
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/1...n-dragon-quest-xi-s-echoes-of-an-elusive-age/

RoadHazard

Gold Member
They should spread out the sequels of things a bit. Who wants to play all those Dragon Quest games in a row? Drop 1 every few months.

Yep. I'm currently playing Yakuza 0, and I'm enjoying it so I think I'll want to play the whole series, but that's gonna take aaaages. These games are not short. And I don't know how long these games will stay on the service, so now I almost feel like I have to rush through 0 so I can get to Kiwami 1 & 2, etc. I would also like to play Deathloop and some other stuff, not just Yakuza-Yakuza-Yakuza. So yeah, I'm not a fan of them dropping entire franchises (or large chunks) all at once. Unless they're there to stay, then it's fine of course.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Of course I bought The Medium a few months ago and now it'll be available on the PS+ tier I subscribe to.

But honestly, screw that game, I'm glad that people on the fence won't have to pay full price for it. It is absolutely shit and I apologize to the people who like it. Booted it up again the other day and after 5 minutes was like, "Nope, f*ck this stupid game"

It's like the equivalent of listening to a lame true-crime podcast mixed with NPR. It's just so incredibly lame and pretentious to me.

Gag me with a Polish spoon.

Roufianos

Sony can get fucked. Passing off PS4 ports as classic games is scummy as sin.

By that logic, Vice City should also be in the classics section.

Maybe I'm being harsh though. Poor little indie dev Sony can only has the budget to port one PS1 game every couple of months.

bender

What time is it?
Of course I bought The Medium a few months ago and now it'll be available on the PS+ tier I subscribe to.

But honestly, screw that game, I'm glad that people on the fence won't have to pay full price for it. It is absolutely shit and I apologize to the people who like it. Booted it up again the other day and after 5 minutes was like, "Nope, f*ck this stupid game"

It's like the equivalent of listening to a lame true-crime podcast mixed with NPR. It's just so incredibly lame and pretentious to me.

Gag me with a Polish spoon.

Blooper Team.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
8cd948880785fbf80f481de6d16b53028a5b3bfc.jpg

[/URL]

8cd948880785fbf80f481de6d16b53028a5b3bfc.jpg

[/URL]

PlayStation + Game Catalog lineup for October revealed
- Vice City (Definitive Edition)
- Dragon Quest XI
- AC Odyssey/Syndicate/3
- AC Chronicles: China/India/Russia
- DQ Builders 1+2 - DQ Heroes 1+2
- Inside
- The Medium
- Naruto to Boruto
- Hohokum

PS+ Premium Classics for October
- Yakuza 3/4/5 Remastered
- Limbo
- Ultra Street Fighter 4
- Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow
- Everyday Shooter

Its not just "Playstation+" its "Playstation+ extra and premium"

Ps+ is now ps+ essential.

EDMIX

yea I can't see me getting this lol

I'm sure its a great deal, but so many of those games I already own and anything I want next year will be new releases anyway. Though I see this is a great deal with anyone with kids or something.

Top Bottom