• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for October: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – The Definitive Edition, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age, A

Kokoloko85

Entirely unrelated.

They have to re-license the games.
Thats fine, but they relicensed them twice. PS3 and the Vita. No reason they can’t do it again. Suikoden 2 came in 2015 while the PS4 was out.
Plus 1st party games should be easy.
Theres no way its that hard to do. Nintendo and Xbox do It

Reactions: TLZ
Thats fine, but they relicensed them twice. PS3 and the Vita. No reason they can’t do it again. Suikoden 2 came in 2015 while the PS4 was out.
Plus 1st party games should be easy.
Theres no way its that hard to do. Nintendo and Xbox do It

As I mentioned, it probably comes down to whether they want to have to license the titles twice for PAL regions. That could present as particularly expensive.

First party games can be easier yes, but even then some of them require re-licensing music or other attributes within the game.

dotnotbot

People might disagree what a classic is, but I guess Sony has the numbers which games have downloads and which have less. Proper classics probably never moved huge numbers, so they lean into recent streams and remasters. I mean younger people might have heard of Killzone and Resistance and try them, but Syphon Filter?
I can't imagine that many people would flock to your service for "old garbage" despite fans calling this strategy rubbish.

Sad but true, looks unappealing at best for a modern gamer, or most likely unplayable. That being said, back when they announced the service they made it sound like emulated classics will be main focus for a premium tier.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
hjsInHe.jpg

Top original PS4. Bottom "S" version.
After playing a few hours yesterday, I can say that you won't notice the difference unless you play them side by side. I actually think the game still looks gorgeous 😁

They added so many extras in the definitive edition. It's worth the trade-off imo.

Fbh

It sure was nostalgic hoping back into Vice City.
But it's pretty ridiculous this even has a 30fps mode. Like seriously, they had to make visual sacrifices for a 60fps version of this 16 years old game?

After playing a few hours yesterday, I can say that you won't notice the difference unless you play them side by side. I actually think the game still looks gorgeous 😁

They added so many extras in the definitive edition. It's worth the trade-off imo.

Yeah, it's disappointing that it's a Switch port instead of an upgraded version of the original but after a while you just forget about it and enjoy it for what it is. But the bonuses are nice, 60fps on consoles is good and the orchestrated music is a must as the soundtrack isn't that good to begin with and having to listed to the midi version of these tracks on repeat would drive me insane.

Still, it's a shame there will never be true definitive version of the game with both the best visuals and the enhancements of the S edition.

TLZ

Banned
It is pretty clear for now that subscribing to Premium for old classics is rather pointless and since they have not promised to shift the focus it might stay this way for a while. It's just no product for PS1/2/P fans.
It definitely isn't for now. If it stays this way when my sub is up next year I'm definitely switching to Extra.

Lokaum D+

Did DQ11 ever had this much aliasing ? Geez, booted the game on my C2 just to uninstall it.

Was DQ11 Vanilla any better ? Was res so low ?

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I've already got Nioh 2 so not much for me this month.

But Nioh 2 is literally in the top 20 best games ever made for me. A 10/10 action game masterpiece.

Top Bottom