• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for December 2023: Grand Theft Auto V, Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, Metal: Hellsinger and more

Darkkahn

753ddf3398cca56e11b087b16b5f5af9c65346a9.jpg

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog - Games will be available starting Dec 19.
  • Grand Theft Auto V | PS4, PS5
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin | PS4, PS5
  • Moto GP23 | PS4, PS5
  • Metal: Hellsinger | PS4, PS5
  • Salt and Sacrifice | PS4, PS5
  • Moonscars | PS4, PS5
  • Mega Man 11 | PS4
  • Gigabash | PS4, PS5
  • Grime | PS4, PS5
  • Tinykin | PS4, PS5
  • Prodeus | PS4, PS5
  • Shadowrun Returns | PS4, PS5
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut | PS4, PS5
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong – Extended Edition | PS4, PS5

PlayStation Premium | Classics
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection | PS4
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 | PS4
  • Thrillville | PS4, PS5
  • Thrillville: Off the Rails | PS4, PS5
  • Buzz Lightyear of Star Command | PS4, PS5

These games will leave the service in Jan 2024:
PSA: There's an additional 9 games leaving PS Plus Extra and Premium in January 2024 including Devil May Cry 5 and It Takes Two:

It Takes Two | PS4, PS5
Devil May Cry 5 | PS4
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition | PS5
SnowRunner | PS4, PS5
JETT: The Far Shore + Given Time | PS4, PS5
OMNO | PS4
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition | PS4
The MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories | PS4
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae | PS4

PS-Plus-Deluxe-1.jpg

Last edited:
Shockingly good month for me as some I've tried and dropped before or just hadn't pulled the trigger on. That and more Mega Man is always a boon.

SCB3

Nice, been eyeing up Strangers of Paradise for a bit as well

Metal Hellsinger is a great game, not one I'd want on a Controller (like DOOM) but still worth playing

Blindy

Tinykin is the sleeper game here, one of my favs of last year.

Salt & Sacrifice I heard isn't as good as Salt & Sanctuary but still probably my biggest hype of this list since I have played and/or owned quite a bit via GamePass.

Kerotan

Powerful lineup.

GTA bros checkout the wildlife they've added to online. I was swimming with orca's and whales. It's actually insane.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
edit: I got the games mixed up

Salt & Sacrifice looks good. Googling it I didnt know it came out so long ago (2016). It's their newer 2022 game. From the makers of Vampire Dishwasher and indie game "Imadeagamewithzombiesinit"

Excellent indie studio with a unique art style, super smooth gameplay and frame rates.

Last edited:

Darkkahn

BTW, we already know what games are going to leave the service in Jan 2024:
PSA: There's an additional 9 games leaving PS Plus Extra and Premium in January 2024 including Devil May Cry 5 and It Takes Two:

It Takes Two | PS4, PS5
Devil May Cry 5 | PS4
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition | PS5
SnowRunner | PS4, PS5
JETT: The Far Shore + Given Time | PS4, PS5
OMNO | PS4
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition | PS4
The MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories | PS4
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae | PS4

PS-Plus-Deluxe-1.jpg

And these are the games that'll leave the service on Dec 19, which you could play past the 19th by turning off the internet a day or two prior to that date.
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4 & PS5)
  • Caladrius Blaze
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo HD Edition
  • El Hijo: A Wild West Tale
  • Foreclosed (PS4 & PS5)
  • Friday the 13th: The Game
  • Legends of Ethernal
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
  • The Escapists 2

Last edited:

MikeM

>Prodeus

One of the best boomer shooters(make sure to adjust the default disgusting HUD), just resubbed for it to humble monthly recently. Will play it on PS5 too
I echo this. Fantastic games that uses the Dualsense very well.

bender

What time is it?
Don't sleep on Tinykin, it's pretty great. I fell off of Prodeus after five or six hours and could never find the joy that so many others did. Looking forward to trying Stranger in Paradise (CHAOS) and Salt and Sanctuary.

Skifi28

CHAOS

I've always wanted to try it, but was unsure and the price never dropped too much. PS PLUS redeemed.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Ufff, honestly I was already going to buy GTA V this week... it's a good thing I didn't buy it xD.

All megaman games!!!

%25E3%2580%2590ROCKMAN%2BX%2BDiVE%25E3%2580%2591%25E5%258D%25A1%25E5%25B0%25BC%25E7%2588%25BE%25E7%259A%2584%25E6%2583%2585%25E4%25BA%25BA%25E7%25AF%2580%25E8%2580%2583%25E9%25A9%2597%2B_%2BColonel%2527s%2BValentines%2BChallenge-VeAppRTW4QU.mp4_20210207_060611.797.png

Zero doesn't deserve the best Waifu in the franchise, IRIS... let Zero stay with Ciel.

985-9857955_c1a5h-of-hype-megaman-x3-iris.png

Last edited:

Skifi28

Why do they have to remove games? What good is the service if you end up losing the ones you like.
They're there for you to either finish in a reasonable amount of time or try out. If games never left they would have to pay exorbitant prices to publishers which would either reduce new content or make prices for consumers crazy high. It's a rental service no matter how one sugarcoats it. If you really like a game, buy it.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
BTW, we already know what games are going to leave the service in Jan 2024:

And these are the games that'll leave the service on Dec 19, which you could play past the 19th by turning off the internet a day or two prior to that date.
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4 & PS5)
  • Caladrius Blaze
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo HD Edition
  • El Hijo: A Wild West Tale
  • Foreclosed (PS4 & PS5)
  • Friday the 13th: The Game
  • Legends of Ethernal
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
  • The Escapists 2
In that case... time to play DMC 5 and Shadow of war.

Fbh

Finally a solid month for me.
I've been wanting to check out Stranger of Paradise, Prodeus and Metal:Hellsinger for a while.

engstra

Super good month! Hellsinger has been on my list for ages and Prodeus looks cool. I really need to stop buying games on sale, Klonoa last month and Tinykin this month. Either way great offering

wizaga

Neo Member
Tinykin and prodeus are amazing game everybody should try, always wanted to try Strangers of paradise. Good month

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Finally a solid month for me.
I've been wanting to check out Stranger of Paradise, Prodeus and Metal:Hellsinger for a while.
I think Stranger of Paradise will shock a lot of people. Far better combat than FFXVI in my humble opinion. Basically Nioh with 30 jobs. Can be a WHM and buff up your party with Haste, Regen, Protect, then swap to Monk / Samurai / Thief / BLM or whatever you want for damage dealing. Elemental and physical weakness types on enemies.

Only downside is that there's an avalanche of crap equipment. Go in the options menu and set auto-dismantle below a certain level and update it periodically to save yourself a lot of time. Worth it to spend the time to customize your moveset also. Can customize attacks you want on each job for each input direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fbh

DeepSpace5D

Seems like a little something for everyone. I’m interested in Stranger of Paradise, Prodeus, Tinykin, Mega Man 11, and the two Mega Man Legacy Collections.

Last edited:
Top Bottom