• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for September: NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI

I certainly was after posting. ROFL. I figured I'd leave it for comical value than editing.
It was a good brain fart though. I had a good laugh, and so did you.

And I agree with you that's a solid month, albeit nothing that really interests me. Can't win every refresh.

Still no ps2 games 😂. Barely any ps1 and psp games, with the price increase and poor games, will not renew. Everyone do the same, don’t just downgrade to essential , or they will never get the message.

Last edited:
People have already mentioned this, but please do yourself a favor and give 13 Sentinels a try.

vanillaware-13sentinels.gif

Crayon

Yo that's pretty good for me but the paradox remains: if I haven't bought these it's because I'm busy with games I want more! This does make it tempting to jump a few to the front of the line though.

Also, a shout for 13 sentinels. I'm not too crazy about visual novels in general but I loved it.

Kerotan

What's the difference between sniper ghost warrior 2 contacts and sniper ghost warrior 2?
God forbid I had to do my own digging. So it turns out this is the most recent iteration in the series. No connection to the old one from the ps3. Here's the release order so looks like I'll be playing this.

Sniper: Art of Victory
(2008)Edit

Main article: Sniper: Art of Victory
The first game of the series was released on 13 June 2008. The poor quality of the game led to negative reviews.[1]

Sniper: Ghost Warrior (2010)Edit

Main article: Sniper: Ghost Warrior (video game)
A sequel, titled Sniper: Ghost Warrior, was released on 29 June 2010 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.[2]

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (2013)Edit

Main article: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
The third evolution of the series switched from Chrome Engine to CryEngine. It was released on 12 March 2013 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.[3]

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 (2017)Edit

Main article: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 was announced on 16 December 2014 and received its first gameplay during E3 2015.[4] The game was aimed to have AAA production sale,[5] and ultimately sold more than a million copies across Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.[6]

Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts (2019)Edit

Main article: Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts
CI Games announced Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts in August 2018. It uses mission-based gameplay instead of the open-world format from the third installment.[7] It was released on 22 November 2019.[8]

Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 (2021)​

You told us and we listened. You like Starfield? What's bigger than a field? An ocean. Here's 3 of them.
Whats bigger than a Sea of Stars? Star Ocean. 3 oceans

They should get their heads out of their asses and offer more PS1/PS2/PSP emulated classics instead of PS4 remasters. Even the streaming service is lacking many titles PS Now had.
No kidding.. I really dont understand whats holding them back. The syphon filter games were fun while it lasted, and legend of dragoon was a huge surprise. Thats the only good ones so far

I bought 13 Sentinels not expecting much, I was very pleasantly surprised. The story is convoluted and pretty much batshit insane, deploying every sci-fi trope since the 1980’s, but the way they unravel it, I didn’t have much trouble keeping pace. Ended up getting the Platinum trophy and was immensely satisfied for doing so. Can’t remember the last game I can say that about.

Also, while the battles look like something from the early 2000’s, the absolute hordes of enemies coming at you is something to behold, many a time I was sat there thinking ‘how the fuck am I going to win this?!’

Aenima

I strongly recomend playing all Vanillaware games, they are all amazing.
-13 Sentinels
- Odin Sphere
- Dragons Crown

Really good month for me even if some of the big name games are some years old already, gonna be playing:

- Nier Replicant (was on my wishlist)
- Star Ocean The Divine Force
- Call of the Sea
- Odin Sphere (only played the original back in the PS2)

DeepSpace5D

One of the better months for me personally. I was already really happy with 13 Sentinels and Nier Replicant, but Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir has been on my radar forever as well.

You’d think at least a couple of those Star Ocean’s are decent as well? I’ve heard the series has peaks and valleys.

Aenima

I bought 13 Sentinels not expecting much, I was very pleasantly surprised. The story is convoluted and pretty much batshit insane, deploying every sci-fi trope since the 1980’s, but the way they unravel it, I didn’t have much trouble keeping pace. Ended up getting the Platinum trophy and was immensely satisfied for doing so. Can’t remember the last game I can say that about.

Also, while the battles look like something from the early 2000’s, the absolute hordes of enemies coming at you is something to behold, many a time I was sat there thinking ‘how the fuck am I going to win this?!’
13 Sentinels is pretty much the only game that a good amount of ppl praised alot, that surpassed my expectations. The game is very story heavy, so if you are not ready for alot of story with one of the most gorgeous 2d art out there, then ... just give it a try.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
It's funny to see Japan getting the Second Evolution PS4 remaster that Square Enix never released in the West for some reason.
Still no ps2 games
They should get their heads out of their asses and offer more PS1/PS2/PSP emulated classics instead of PS4 remasters.
SO3 is a PS2 classic, but it was already on the store since a few years ago, so yeah...

Not a particular great month for the first month of the price increase.
Anyone expecting any change due to the price increase will get perpetually disappointed like all the I'll stop subscribing Premium whiners that should not have subscribed in the first place, assuming they are not actually trolls.
Maybe I lack the vision, but what could Sony possibly add to all three tiers that would genuiunely change it? People who are not satisfied with 700+ games won't be with 1000 either. People who don't care about streaming won't be if it magically is better after inserting more coins in the machine. Day One won't be coming anytime soon, not for Essential anyway. I can imagine they could do some PC client and extend the whole service on there, but since they said nothing now, the price increase is just a "we want your more of your money and won't do anything now"-move.
Great month but I continue to run into the "problem" of either owning most of the title I'm interested in (duh) or having played them on Gamepass (Unpacking, Call of Sea, West of Dead).
Sub services above the basic tier, especially with two, are hardly the right tool for collectors that already build their gaming library with all games they are interested in. They might stumble over some hidden gem, and maybe if they are younger, they can try some older stuff now and then, but the service has also discounts for sales often, so I guess anyone should benefit enough from the yearly/monthly charge if they are actually playing more than 2 or 3 games a year.

For me those new additions are not super high on my interest list, but still a couple I might want to give a shot if I find the time.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FYI the following games are leaving PS Plus on the 19th. Not surprising to see Deathloop go off as soon as its obligated 1 year is up.

• Deathloop
• Umbrella Corp
• Nidhogg 2
• Death End reQuest 2
• Chicory A Colorful Tale
• Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
• Watch Dogs
• Watch Dogs 2
• Through the Darkest of Times

Last edited:
Top Bottom