• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 SSD expansion probably available in summer

Kupfer

EDIT: Thread already exists -> ORIGINAL THREAD

According to Bloomberg, Sony will finally make the anticipated option of SSD expansion available this summer.

Adding support for additional drives will be enabled with a firmware update that also unlocks higher cooling-fan speeds to ensure the console doesn’t overheat

It's about time, 667gb were already outdated at launch.

Last edited:
Nice, I guess. It would be nice if there were enough new games by then for storage to be a concern.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Nice, I guess. It would be nice if there were enough new games by then for storage to be a concern.

I have read many times now that external hard drives used to store PS4 games do not work properly and can even cause the ps5 to brick - and that there is no fix for this yet.
I can neither verify nor deny it, as I don't want to take any risks, so I won't connect an external HDD for now. iI you fall back on the "old" game library a lot and also play one or two "real" PS5 games, it's already getting tight on the console.

Top Bottom