• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield on Playstation 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Dazzar

Never say never with regards what the future holds long term. But as things stand, for the foreseeable future of the next several years, its a definite no. I just have no idea what Xbox will be or become in say ten years time though.

Stuart360

Never say never with regards what the future holds long term. But as things stand, for the foreseeable future of the next several years, its a definite no. I just have no idea what Xbox will be or become in say ten years time though.
To be fair who knows what any of them will be in 10+ years time. They are all going to end up as online services at some point.
I still believe there will be 2 more hardware generations after this one, but i wouldnt be totally surprised if there was only one more gen. One more full gen after this one is like 12+ years in the future, who knows how widespread high speed internet will be by then, Almost everything we consime will end up as a service eventually.

Robb

Gold Member
I would honestly not be surprised if it was at a moment discussed in some meetings.
I’m pretty sure we know it has, but iirc mainly in relation to putting GamePass on PlayStation. But since that’s not happening I don’t think there’s much hope left.

We also know that they’ve already discussed having a Ps5 version of Starfield. And we know the outcome, they outright canceled it despite being in active development at the time.

Last edited:

welshrat

I imagine it will in year or two. Main focus of any of these companies is to make money, when none can be made over the exclusivity anymore they are bound to port it.

PaintTinJr

Microsoft's own analysis in the evidence they gave to stop the US FTC merger injunction recently stated that they predicted 10M sales on PlayStation, so I would say if that analysis is still good, then it depends on the outcome of the ATVI merger.

If the CMA block the merger still, then Microsoft are losing $3.5b for nothing, so I would expect them to go after that low hanging fruit worth 1/4 - 1/2 of a billion dollars to them, and because it would then be evidence to help them with their next attempted game publisher acquisition.

If the deal closes, then I doubt they'd see the benefit of the money.

SABRE220

Maybe by the end of the generation but currently no chance, Microsoft was relying on starfield very heavily to be their console's showstopper.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
If the CMA block the merger still, then Microsoft are losing $3.5b for nothing, so I would expect them to go after that low hanging fruit worth 1/4 - 1/2 of a billion dollars to them, and because it would then be evidence to help them with their next attempted game publisher acquisition.
Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

Where's the PS5 port of Halo Infinite then? Forza Horizon? Gears? Hi-Fi Rush? Obviously MS is leaving money on the table not releasing those on PS5.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
In my honest opinion, if you have PC with RTX3060Ti < its worth playing there, even tho, I feel like 30FPS makes sense on Xbox, because PC version is demanding as fuck for almost no reason. To me 30FPS on Xbox does not feel smooth at all. And since you shoot a lot in the game, I feel like its better just to prepay Geforce Now and play there, if you don't have proper rig.

Ev1L AuRoN

After a year, probably, if Microsoft wants the game to be profitable. The streaming bubble will burst in their face sooner or later.

Matsuchezz

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

This week on gaming was... rough. Have we finally arrived at stage 3?
Yeah, the bros have had a rough time accepting starfield is a dud…. They are coping well enough with the exclusive narrative and that all that was promised is there. They will come around I hope.

DJ12

Couldn't care less to be honest, but if sales pc/xbox are like 80/20 then they definitely will look to recoup some money with a ps5/Pro/6 edition, if sales are that skewed, and gamepass is unaffected (positively I know they stopped the deals right now) then it's going to happen.

In my opinion this was MSs last hail Mary to drive xbox sales, if it fails to do so then there's little else they can do besides buy Square Enix and make final fantasy exclusive, but even then I don't think they'd take the risk of pulling it from PlayStation as there's no market on xbox.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Im going to be bold and say YES. As to when? I'd say 2 years.

Why?

I am not remotely convinced that Gamepass subscription counts are going to increase drastically nor do I expect Xbox consoles sales to really start to drastically increase. I just think too much xbox brand damage has been done and people are becoming less interested in subscriptions.

Putting xbox games on PS5 is a quick and easy way to make up for lost revenue.
Not surprised that I am getting a bunch of LOL reactions to this. It's OK, I get it. I think what I think and I stand by it.
giphy.gif

I'll say it again. I simply do not think MS will get the return on investment for Gamepass that they are hoping and need to sustain it. Thus they will be forced to consider releasing on the best selling current gen console with a 40M user baser. WHo knows what that uiser base will be buy then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom