• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

HTK

Banned
Don't worry I was there at midnight refreshing never had a chance. I did hit the "Add to Cart" for the bundle but always with an error up until they were gone. When's the next drop anyone know?

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Damn, I’m sorry. I must’ve checked the site as soon as they popped up.

Not your fault at all! I was refreshing before midnight (not after seeing your post) and hit it as soon as I saw add cart and got the message that first time and a shit ton of times after as I kept refreshing. Just takes a ton of luck to beat the bots and tons of other people trying to get one.

CLW

Honestly I'm just about resigned to the fact that I wont be able to get this thing until July 2021. Its like they made 10 billion headsets/accessories and a few thousand consoles.

Ill try Wal-Mart but I'm sure the bots will win again.

I'm in the same boat, refreshing pages and shit! If these consoles release sales numbers and they're both at around 1 Million consoles sold... I'm not gonna lie, I'm going to be kinda of pissed. I understand that we're living in unprecedented times, but you guys have had from June to make these things and you guys could only muster up a Million 🤔 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Stooky

I just got a notification from playstation direct. It says I'm in a que 1hr wait time. Has anybody else gotten this?

EDIT: never mind I thought I was special.

Last edited:
Not your fault at all! I was refreshing before midnight (not after seeing your post) and hit it as soon as I saw add cart and got the message that first time and a shit ton of times after as I kept refreshing. Just takes a ton of luck to beat the bots and tons of other people trying to get one.

Queue up for PS Direct if you haven’t already: http://direct.playstation.com/

Same process as the invites that went out back in September.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Queue up for PS Direct if you haven’t already: http://direct.playstation.com/

Same process as the invites that went out back in September.

Fuck. I waited and got in earlier, but was sold out. Refreshed for nearly an hour then closed the tab. Long wait now, over an hour.

Edit: Wario64 said it went back to out of stock 3 minutes after tweeting it was in, so probably would have been moot anyway.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The white boxart bar looks alot more handsome on the actual thing than in the renders.

EmkNdGFVMAEXuXU

Not mine, its Lance McDs.

CLW

Gotta be honest feel like Wario is full of it on this pre-order stuff by the time he tweets it its definitely gone and links he says open I am spamming refresh and it never shows up available for purchase.

Normal days he's great for deals but this launch order mess its pretty much a useless crapshoot.

Moogle11

Banned
Gotta be honest feel like Wario is full of it on this pre-order stuff by the time he tweets it its definitely gone and links he says open I am spamming refresh and it never shows up available for purchase.

Normal days he's great for deals but this launch order mess its pretty much a useless crapshoot.

Meh, not his fault. Shit just sells out in instant with the bots and probably a few hundred thousand people minimum refreshing product pages like we are.

Moogle11

Banned
Got it in my cart for pick up in target, but stuck in check out. Guessing they all sold out before mine went through. Sigh.

Reactions: CLW

Moogle11

Banned
Same here, I keep trying to Save and continue so I can place my order....

I made it all the way to the final pay button. Just timed out everytime with either an unexpected error or product not available message. Sucks. Giving Best Buy 10-15 more minutes of refreshing and then hitting the sack.

Hustler

Just got one from Sony Direct. Love the fact that you can get express shipping (1-2 days) for free being a PS+ member. Almost as good as walking in the store.

Moogle11

Banned
yeah target sucked i had it in the cart no idea how it disappeared so quickly.. I was on it when it went live....

Store I was trying only had 20 in per Popfndr.com inventory--and I picked that suburban one as the ones in the city closer to me only had 10. So was just a matter of who got their payments processed first for your store. Sucks, but was always a long shot.

Sony, MS and Nintendo need to come up with a better way of doing confirmed preorders for fans. Do them 6ish months in advance in the console stores, require a paid account, whatever to limit the scalpers and bots. Then do the free for all other retailer preorders closer to launch.

Nvzman

Just got one from Sony Direct. Love the fact that you can get express shipping (1-2 days) for free being a PS+ member. Almost as good as walking in the store.
It says "PS5 consoles are out of stock. Check back 11/12 for availability. ", does that mean I should just wait like 20 minutes for more stock to come in or is it permanently sold out for the day?

TheBoss1

I was at the place order button right before it sold on target then I waited in Sony's queue for HOURS then as soon as it hit 5 minutes Wario64 said both were sold out.

FML

CLW

OK apparently EVERYONE got the Target PS5 in their cart only to be slapped down in the end. And to think I thought I was special. I'm done for the night I'll have Wal-Mart kick me in the nuts 4 times tomorrow.

Moogle11

Banned
Sucks, but giving up on Best Buy and calling it a night. Will hope for better luck with Costo.com in the morning as XSX stayed up a while there. Wal-mart will probably be a shit show with the 4 time windows announced a few days in advance.

Goodnight y'all.

HTK

Banned
Sucks, but giving up on Best Buy and calling it a night. Will hope for better luck with Costo.com in the morning as XSX stayed up a while there. Wal-mart will probably be a shit show with the 4 time windows announced a few days in advance.

Goodnight y'all.

When is Costco going up?

It says "PS5 consoles are out of stock. Check back 11/12 for availability. ", does that mean I should just wait like 20 minutes for more stock to come in or is it permanently sold out for the day?
Sony is based in California now so it's going based off PST. I'd check back in 40 minutes and then periodically after that.

Hustler

they’re done for now. They said more stock will be available tomorrow

Best Buy is still not showing me love. I knew there was something wrong when I noticed my copy of Lunar Silver Star Story Complete was slightly ajar on my game shelf. WORKING DELAYS.

led4lyfe

Anyone having conflicting arrival dates with Target? Their website is saying I should get it on the 18th, but once I check the tracking number it says arriving today.

Entroyp

Anyone picked up their walmart preorder? I don’t understand why they want me to wait until 6:00 pm lol

Luckily my Best Buy order was ready at 6:00 am.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Honestly I'm just about resigned to the fact that I wont be able to get this thing until July 2021. Its like they made 10 billion headsets/accessories and a few thousand consoles.

Ill try Wal-Mart but I'm sure the bots will win again.
Are you being dramatic when you say July 2021 or literal? Is that the time period that a retailer told you?

Top Bottom