• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

Grinchy

Banned
Yep, Target delayed the headset I ordered from them. It still thinks it might get here by the 12th, which would be fine, but damn I wish I just ordered everything through Sony's store.

Checked confirmation site for PS5, all go- check! Release day delivery is very nice to see.

DualSense just arrived. Skittles for size

yLf06kQ.jpg

Preordered at BB for Day 1 pickup. Already got the accessories since I was stuck with getting the bundle set but the dual charger station doesn’t release until this week and says I can pick up Saturday. While I went to get my pickup, I ended up splurging on a third controller just so I could take it out of the box and fiddle around with it. Loving the build quality but really wish they had at least kept the button symbol colors since they went with clear buttons. Or, at the very least, allowed the buttons to light with their respective colors.

We’re so close and the hype is getting to me now.

Even though I got the email to schedule a pick up time for my system, I’ll likely pick it up on my way to work and just enjoy it when I get home. Have Demon’s Souls, AC: Valhalla and Yakuza all delivering to my job as well

Last edited:

nyr88nyg

Banned
Is the Sony headset still sold out everywhere? Target backordered mine and want to make sure I have it on release day.

ultrazilla

Just ordered off Amazon an extra Dual Shock controller(it'll be here Tuesday) and pre-ordered:
Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition: I'm soooo happy I only played like 25% of the game on the PS4(too busy)
71bqboqDUiL._SL1361_.jpg

And:

Sackboy: A Big Adventure

81W13YKKR1L._SL1353_.jpg

Still no update from Amazon on my PS5 pre-order though.....

Last edited:
Saw this post on Reddit in reference to Best Buy stock:

30m
Just got home from my shift from Best Buy. We got all the next-gen consoles today. 160 PS5 Disc, 38 PS5 Digital, 76 Xbox Series X, and 11 Xbox Series S. For our store, since pre-orders came out, a total of 15 people cancelled their PS5 pre-orders or had their order cancelled.

We received the EXACT amount of pre-orders for every next-gen console type. No extras whatsoever. Currently, it is unknown if cancelled orders from now to launch will be available for those camping out to buy or if it will immediately go to online orders (according to my manager). Our internal system is quite fast so I HIGHLY DOUBT you'll be able to purchased a cancelled order, but there's a chance.

Anki

Banned
I just called sony store (its an authorized dealer of sony products) and they told me that all pre orders are sold out and they are expecting next batch to arrive after 15th of december.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I chatted with Target. On my second attempt I chatted with someone who understood English. They confirmed that they won't ship before street date. They also confirmed I cannot switch to in store pick up.

Welp, barring some exception they make to ship before that date, looks like I'll be waiting until post launch to start the next gen. Still, I have to remember to be happy that I have a pre order at all.

FrankWza

I chatted with Target. On my second attempt I chatted with someone who understood English. They confirmed that they won't ship before street date. They also confirmed I cannot switch to in store pick up.

Welp, barring some exception they make to ship before that date, looks like I'll be waiting until post launch to start the next gen. Still, I have to remember to be happy that I have a pre order at all.

they don’t know anything. Chances are they won’t but they did ship accessories early. I know it’s different but gives the target people some hope. I think target order will arrive Friday13 at the latest

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Love the DualSense. Probably my favorite PS controller ever. Much closer to an XB controller in feel.

IWDb7om.jpg
Mine is scheduled to be delivered today. If it's compatible, I'll use it in place of my Xbox One controller to play 3rd-person games on my PC, such as Control, until the PS5 arrives. I want to test it out and get used to it.

Darklor01

they don’t know anything. Chances are they won’t but they did ship accessories early. I know it’s different but gives the target people some hope. I think target order will arrive Friday13 at the latest

That's my hope. I pretty much figure they know nothing except what the book tells them to say about street dated items. I've never pre ordered a console from Target before. I did pre order a Baby Yoda Pop figure from them and I think it arrived early. It could just be case by case, item by item, location by location.

BluRayHiDef

Banned

30m
Just got home from my shift from Best Buy. We got all the next-gen consoles today. 160 PS5 Disc, 38 PS5 Digital, 76 Xbox Series X, and 11 Xbox Series S. For our store, since pre-orders came out, a total of 15 people cancelled their PS5 pre-orders or had their order cancelled.

We received the EXACT amount of pre-orders for every next-gen console type. No extras whatsoever. Currently, it is unknown if cancelled orders from now to launch will be available for those camping out to buy or if it will immediately go to online orders (according to my manager). Our internal system is quite fast so I HIGHLY DOUBT you'll be able to purchased a cancelled order, but there's a chance.

Will the PlayStation 5's be shipped before the 12th or on the 12th?

Last edited:
Just ordered off Amazon an extra Dual Shock controller(it'll be here Tuesday) and pre-ordered:
Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition: I'm soooo happy I only played like 25% of the game on the PS4(too busy)
71bqboqDUiL._SL1361_.jpg

And:

Sackboy: A Big Adventure

81W13YKKR1L._SL1353_.jpg

Still no update from Amazon on my PS5 pre-order though.....

If it makes you feel any better I got my pre order in the moment it went live on amazon and I still haven’t received an update. I think they’re just kinda weird about the way they do things.

FrankWza

That's my hope. I pretty much figure they know nothing except what the book tells them to say about street dated items. I've never pre ordered a console from Target before. I did pre order a Baby Yoda Pop figure from them and I think it arrived early. It could just be case by case, item by item, location by location.

therewill be so many systems hitting people hands by this weekend Sony will just open the floodgates. They’re hitting warehouses and stockrooms already.Since most orders will be shipped vs in store pickup, coupled with social distancing, I’m confident the systems may even begin shipping by the 6th or the 9th

Darklor01

therewill be so many systems hitting people hands by this weekend Sony will just open the floodgates. They’re hitting warehouses and stockrooms already.Since most orders will be shipped vs in store pickup, coupled with social distancing, I’m confident the systems may even begin shipping by the 6th or the 9th

Let's all hope this is the case!

Edit: GAF needs some Target distribution center employee members. :)

Last edited:

DavidGzz

So, my PS5 is coming from Amazon.de, will it have a power cord I can use here in the states? If not, I wonder if the PS5 uses the same one as the PS4.

Darklor01

So, my PS5 is coming from Amazon.de, will it have a power cord I can use here in the states? If not, I wonder if the PS5 uses the same one as the PS4.

I'm sure you could buy a 230v to 120v adapter from various stores. They sell them for int'l travel reasons in many places.

Unknown?

30m

Looks like PS5 is going to start off the bat selling 2:1 based on preorders. Sony need to hurry up and capitalize on this.

EB. I had pre-ordered it and the extra controller when I got the system but the accessories came early for some reason.
Just walked into Walmart after reading your comment. Saw the charging station but no pulse 3d. I decided to ask the woman working there, and she went to go check in the back. A few moments later, she came back holding the pulse 3d headset. I purchased the pulse and charging station, then casually strolled out. Amazing.

So i got in the 2nd wave of gamestop preorders which were said to be availible the week after
launch, now gamestop told
me they are going to be availible on the 12th!

sixamp

My next gen orders state this:
Walmart ps5 preorder- preparing order (mine)
Walmart xboxsx preorder- preparing order(sisters)
Best buy xbox sx preorder has pickup date (mine)for launch day
Amazon ps5 preorder - pre-ordered (coworkers)
Amazon xbox sx preorder- pre-ordered (broinlaw)

Amazon - Demon souls - shows pre-ordered
Amazon ps5 controller - preordered

Darklor01

no updates on my Target pre-orders, still have PS5 and Demon's waiting for me with a due dates of Nov 13.

I checked my charge card to see if Target withdrew funds or placed another hold... There are some funds unavailable, but not enough for the full PS5 purchase I made. Target PS5 pre orders = console pre order limbo. It's a better place in limbo than Amazon.com PS5 orders since we have alleged delivery dates, but.. it's still limbo.

Just spoke to a target rep where i live. They said they're gonna have 70 maybe more ps5s at launch for people who didn't pre order. I'll be taking a trip down there very soon. Still salted at my ps5 pre order cancelation from best buy.

Dynasty8

Question to those who got the controller. How do the analogs thumbsticks feel? Personally I hated the feel and cheapness of the dualshock 4's analogs and thumbsticks, they wore out pretty quickly and peeled off after a couple years of use.

cd_jakevas

Question to those who got the controller. How do the analogs thumbsticks feel? Personally I hated the feel and cheapness of the dualshock 4's analogs and thumbsticks, they wore out pretty quickly and peeled off after a couple years of use.

They feel better made but I would like a bit more grip. Maybe that move was made for better reliability on the peeling issue?

ultrazilla

going to be funny that I have 2 pre ordered from different retailers and neither show up day 1 lol

I'm in the same boat. I managed to get one on Amazon(for me) and one from Target(for my son). Not looking good that we'll get either one
here by or on launch day. Oh well. First world problems. 👍

Last edited:
Apparently (ie, take with a pinch of salt) Media Markt in Germany have emailed customers that the console MAY be moved forward to 12th November.

Any German speakers confirm?
xuqUTrz.jpg

xuqUTrz.jpg

Last edited:

Njocky

Banned
Apparently (ie, take with a pinch of salt) Media Markt in Germany have emailed customers that the console MAY be moved forward to 12th November.

Any German speakers confirm?
xuqUTrz.jpg

xuqUTrz.jpg

I confirm (fluent German speaker here). They moved it to 12/11/2020. Not sure why they are apologising for it, I'm sure most people will be happy to get it a week earlier.
Now hoping that UK retailers do the same thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom