• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I confirm (fluent German speaker here). They moved it to 12/11/2020. Not sure why they are apologising for it, I'm sure most people will be happy to get it a week earlier.
Now hoping that UK retailers do the same thing.

It could be official now....

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Shite. Imagine getting my Series X on 10th and PS5 two days later.

I’m getting moist just thinking about it. Imagine some UK retailers do it and other bastards hold back. And I’ll be with the one company that holds back I bet.

partime

Am I the only one not locked into a PS5 order?

I'm not sure what I did wrong this generation, there are literally more ways to buy now than ever before, but it's ultimate crazy town up in here.

Maybe I'll camp out a night @ Best Buy with my boy.

dorkimoe

Am I the only one not locked into a PS5 order?

I'm not sure what I did wrong this generation, there are literally more ways to buy now than ever before, but it's ultimate crazy town up in here.

Maybe I'll camp out a night @ Best Buy with my boy.
I would ask them before you do it, I dont know if they will have them in store

mitchman

Gold Member
I'm sure you could buy a 230v to 120v adapter from various stores. They sell them for int'l travel reasons in many places.
Almost certainly not needed, most power supplies these days handles 110V - 240V without any issues. As for the cable, he can just use a US 8-type cable, they are plentiful and easy to find.

Edit: Check the backside that it's really using a switching power supply (it is, but) just to be sure.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Is it known how long the HDMI cable is? Curious this time because I might consider placing it vertically and I would need extra cable length

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Almost certainly not needed, most power supplies these days handles 110V - 240V without any issues. As for the cable, he can just use a US 8-type cable, they are plentiful and easy to find.

Edit: Check the backside that it's really using a switching power supply (it is, but) just to be sure.

That's true. I hadn't thought about that.

chonga

It could be official now....

The games are releasing on the 12th.

I would be surprised if they move the date for the console. If they do it because supply is good then I would have expected additional round of pre-ordering. It hasn't happened.

FrankWza

Is it known how long the HDMI cable is? Curious this time because I might consider placing it vertically and I would need extra cable length

Not confirmed but looks like 4 feet in some of the unboxings. Some look longer but I think it’s 4. I’m almost positive I’m going vertical as well. I don’t want it enclosed and have to open a door in my cabinet and I actually think it was made to be placed vertically. We’ll see.

Nymphae

Banned
Not confirmed but looks like 4 feet in some of the unboxings. Some look longer but I think it’s 4. I’m almost positive I’m going vertical as well. I don’t want it enclosed and have to open a door in my cabinet and I actually think it was made to be placed vertically. We’ll see.

I feel like they always enjoy showing them off in vertical orientations but the others felt more like they were supposed to be horizontal. 5 definitely feels like they want you to go vertical, which kind of sucks for me because I don't have an optimal spot for it.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I feel like they always enjoy showing them off in vertical orientations but the others felt more like they were supposed to be horizontal. 5 definitely feels like they want you to go vertical, which kind of sucks for me because I don't have an optimal spot for it.

Older consoles, and anything with a disc drive in general .. it was thought that it was bad for the system to be vertical. The discs would be spinning vertically against gravity which was bad for motors and functionality.

I'm going to guess it's a non-issue these days.

OcchiWan

Neo Member
5eeCbOx.jpg

It's happening!

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
The PS5 I got for my nephew on a non-Prime account is showing a Nov 23-26th delivery. This is fine since it's for Christmas for him. Hoping my other one from a Prime account is showing 12th.

If anyone has a spare pre-order, I will buy it. T.T

I was selected for the pre order invite program by PlayStation, had the console placed in my cart for checkout, was in my cart for a whole day :( unfortunately they don't ship it outside the US. If I get it back again, I can give away the PS5 to you.

Grinchy

Banned
Amazon still hasn't confirmed headset or games for the 12th. That'd be so fucked up if I ended up with a PS5 on the 12th but not Demon's Souls lol

Grinchy

Banned
I knew Target would be a mistake for ordering a headset.

A headset ordered 2 months in advance is now delayed until the 20th while everyone else has been getting theirs since October 30th.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Update: Target updated my order from backordered to "delay: needs approval". After approved it says update by Nov 13.
tenor.gif

Thankfully I only ordered the headset from them. Hopefully nobody sees this with the console itself.

Good news though, just opened my extra controller that was delivered today! The console, game and charger preorders from best buy and Walmart seem good still.
Target moved the backorder date for my pulse 3d headset back another two weeks this morning 😥
It now says Nov 30th.

I'm really glad I didn't preorder my console though them. For anyone that didn't see my earlier post, the day they said they were going to ship my headset is the same day they updated it to "backordered".

Charging station shipping tomorrow from best buy, demon's souls on the 12th from best buy and console by the 12th from Walmart. Too excited!

Blond

Banned
For Anyone who didn’t check their order status with Antonline please do so. They just shipped my PS5 all digital bundle and it arrived at their UPS facility this morning. This was also one of those bot cancellation orders they called me about so I’d imagine anyone who ordered earlier also has a tracking number.

17 pounds holy moly!
l1YMLtF.png

kiphalfton

Looking to buy Gravity Rush remastered, since it's currently on sale on the PS store. Does it work on PS5? Not sure how PS4 BC works on PS5?

TheBoss1

It's literally impossible for a normal human being to grab a PS5 pre-order. I am literally spamming refresh on Newegg, and it went from "coming soon" to "OUT OF STOCK" instantly.

Top Bottom