• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

Allforce

Gotta be honest feel like Wario is full of it on this pre-order stuff by the time he tweets it its definitely gone and links he says open I am spamming refresh and it never shows up available for purchase.

Normal days he's great for deals but this launch order mess its pretty much a useless crapshoot.

Just imagine how many PS5s and XBox Series X's he's scooped up and is reselling due to his contacts. On top of all the affiliate cash he gets for every person buying one from one of his links.

Guy is probably having an awesome year.

Last edited:
Picture of Wario's affliate money

Had one in the cart at Best Buy but then I had to re-sign into my account for some odd reason and then from there things went downhill. Seems like Best Buy was ill-prepared for the rush of people.

splattered

Anyone here military (Or fam military) needing a PS5? I saw on slickdeals they are available for $480 and i believe you don't have to pay tax on that as well...

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
So all these other retailers have had stock for us to try all morning, yet Sony's official site to order has been out of stock the entire time

duhmetree

why are there limited Digital Editions? I was going to get a standard disc version but I just found out Red Box does not rent video games anymore... There no point for me to get disc anymore.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, had one in my cart on mobile and PC on the dot and checkout crashed. I was hyped because on PC it was loading hard so I waited and it errored out. So annoying. I've gotten so close too many times. :(

Are you talking about Costco?

Walmart. I kept my cart open, and when one came in I tried to check out with it in my cart, but that ended up actually removing it from my cart.

Be careful if you get one in your cart, because if you try to check out while it's shortly in stock they might remove it from your cart. (EDIT: That's a lie - I went to my cart and the console is still sitting there despite being out of stock)

Good luck!

Last edited:

dcx4610

Got mine from Sony direct last night. First time I haven't had a console at launch in a few generations but this has not been a normal year. Also, props to Sony for giving free/expedited shipping for Plus members. We'll see if the 2-3 day shipping actually holds up though.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Got mine from Sony direct last night. First time I haven't had a console at launch in a few generations but this has not been a normal year. Also, props to Sony for giving free/expedited shipping for Plus members. We'll see if the 2-3 day shipping actually holds up though.

So how does that site work.....like its one of my open tabs and im signed in and on the PS5 page and it just says 'out of stock' Do i have to keep F5ing this page all day like the others and look for an 'add to cart' link at some point hopefully?

dcx4610

So how does that site work.....like its one of my open tabs and im signed in and on the PS5 page and it just says 'out of stock' Do i have to keep F5ing this page all day like the others and look for an 'add to cart' link at some point hopefully?

They went live for a bit last night around midnight. I think Sony Direct is your best chance for random restocks. They are likely out of stock for today but I would just back often. They noted there will be a restock for sure before Black Friday and before Christmas.

For today, I'd check Walmart at 3/6/9 EST.

scydrex

When Amazon is gonna have more PS5? They sold out and never had available again... I live outside USA and can only order it from Amazon.

OcchiWan

Neo Member
Pre-ordered from Amazon on September 16th. Customer Service is telling me they don't have enough consoles to ship to everyone so mine will be delayed and they can't give me date...

Tygeezy

yeah my amazon says i will have it delivered by 8 today, but the status says it hasn't been shipped yet.... Meanwhile people that ordered from walmart already have their consoles delivered.

Thaedolus

I've got one in my cart on Walmart, I thought I might be able to check out earlier but I kept getting an error like "Is this really your address?"

Yes you fuckers why are you asking? So...I guess I'll spam the checkout button in ten minutes.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I've got one in my cart on Walmart, I thought I might be able to check out earlier but I kept getting an error like "Is this really your address?"

Yes you fuckers why are you asking? So...I guess I'll spam the checkout button in ten minutes.

FYI....thats as far as i got at the 12:00 shitshow and after i confirmed my address they were suddenly all out of stock. Im hoping this next round in 10 minutes goes better but im not holding my breath

Grinchy

Banned
Click check out. Long loading screen. Error on site. Sorry, try again or something. Oops, all gone!

Why expect different results this time?

Top Bottom