• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

oagboghi2

got to th captcha bullshit, solved it, refreshed, had to do it it again, repeat 2x, and now it's sold out.

Fuck you Sony for this stupid system rollout. Just horrible. Wasted the day

Grinchy

Banned
I had 5 tabs open with my cart. I just used it to get 5 chances at it letting me into the ordering part of the check out process.

I was able to get through the whole process with the captcha ending twice. It just gave errors before it was even saying sold out.

MiguelItUp

I had it in my cart since earlier. For whatever reason eventhough I saved my payment info and address, it asked me to re-enter it, so I did. Kept hanging here and there. Then right when I hit confirm it was sold out. So damn stupid. I don't even know why I'm so pissed about this, I guess cause it felt like an all day affair and I'm still empty handed, lol.

banjo5150

No luck at all today. Definitely feel weird as I have bought every Playstation at launch except this one. Broke a tradition. Oh well

Madflavor

The ones that are probably low key running a bot program.

Probably, but this can't continue. Covid obviously isn't going away anytime soon, and Sony needs to allow retail to start selling them in store, and leave it to store policy on how to handle social distancing. The Holidays are right around the corner. People are not gonna be able to get their hands on this fucking thing, and it's gonna backfire on Sony.

I had it in my cart since earlier. For whatever reason eventhough I saved my payment info and address, it asked me to re-enter it, so I did. Kept hanging here and there. Then right when I hit confirm it was sold out. So damn stupid. I don't even know why I'm so pissed about this, I guess cause it felt like an all day affair and I'm still empty handed, lol.
The same thing happened to me, It didn't happen on the app though. Ifter three times I finally got to "place your order" part, only for the page to load an error and returning me back to the cart part.

oagboghi2

Probably, but this can't continue. Covid obviously isn't going away anytime soon, and Sony needs to allow retail to start selling them in store, and leave it to store policy on how to handle social distancing. The Holidays are right around the corner. People are not gonna be able to get their hands on this fucking thing, and it's gonna backfire on Sony.
Seriously, are they not going to send units anywhere for black friday and december because they are scared of covid? This is so stupid. Send the units to stores and allow them to handle selling it straight to consumers, like every company does.

leo-j

I don’t understand how nobody has been able to buy a ps5? Like..... I can’t even access the website to even see the console in my cart.

TheBoss1

I was able to cop a physical edition yesterday on Amazon. All within 15 seconds of me seeing Wario64's tweet. They were gone immediately after, except for the digital edition. By the time I tried to purchase the digital version, the site was acting up and I lost out.
The package is secured. This was absolute hell. Digital edition oh well, I play 4k discs on the Series X anyway.
We can trade if you want. I prefer digital for my current situation.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Was anyone able to buy a PS5 console (Either edition) yesterday from any of the retail chains? I found it impossible.

No, and from what I was reading most people weren't able to. The second PS5s went on sale throughout the day, they were instantly bought out by bots. People weren't able to order them because the websites kept crashing, especially Walmart. Some people got lucky through Amazon, but at the end of the day, probably thousands of ps5s were bought by scalpers or people who had bots.

Was anyone able to buy a PS5 console (Either edition) yesterday from any of the retail chains? I found it impossible.

I was able to get the Costco bundle yesterday morning. Was stuck in greyed out cvv code in payment page for about 15 min and kept refreshing the page and was finally able to get through it and place order.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I think assholes like that scalper pic above were the only ones who benefitted from the Walmart release times yesterday. THREE fucking times i had one in my cart (during three different release windows) only for their site to shit the bed at the worst time. The last time was the worst.....got all the way to the place order button thinking i was home free and NOPE....clicked it and the site span for about 10 seconds and then back to my cart with it showing as sold out.

This whole launch has been a complete clusterfuck and Sony shares as much blame as these braindead retailers who apparently have no clue how to run an ecommerce website in the year 2020.

Last edited:

dcx4610

Where exactly is that?I remember being in queue but can’t remember how I got there

In case you haven't found it yet - https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/ps5

Strangely, I got put into a queue on one browser but not another when I ordered so I guess it isn't based on IP address.

As a side note, I ordered at midnight on Wednesday and it'll be here today (hopefully). Since it's direct from Sony, I'm betting Sony Direct will be the best way to get a system until the end of the year.

Celcius

°Temp. member
My PS5 from Target just showed up, I'm going to hook it up after lunch!

qdV7S3L.png

Thankfully it shipped in a brown Target box instead of the factory packaging.

Last edited:

Tygeezy

Out of curiosity, when did you order it? I ordered mine Sep. and got it yesterday.

Just curious to see if there is a correlation between the date ordered and the date shipped.
I ordered on September 16th from Amazon and didn't get it yesterday.

Tygeezy

Ugh, sorry man. I live in Texas, so I’m not certain if it’s a regional thing affecting logistics or what... Amazon has been good for my launch date PS4 and PS5
Its definitely my region. A buddy of mine lives 5 minutes away from me didn't get his either from amazon. Meanwhile my mom who lives 40 minutes away received hers. All ordered same day from amazon.

jaysius

Banned
just had my ps5 delivered from walmart i preordered sept 16.

a lizard just crawled out of my ps5, digital. it's like a really small specimen. Be weary of that

Hopefully it didn't poop in there :messenger_neutral: too bad you don't have a pic of said lizard, but if it's small it's probably fast.

Elbereth

Its definitely my region. A buddy of mine lives 5 minutes away from me didn't get his either from amazon. Meanwhile my mom who lives 40 minutes away received hers. All ordered same day from amazon.

Ah, gotcha. Well, on the bright side, at least your order didn't get cancelled!

I can say though, its def worth the wait!

Grinchy

Banned
I had to use a separate Amazon account that didn't have Prime to order an extra one for my nephew. It was originally telling me it'd get here on like the 26th, but it just arrived a few minutes ago. That's some fast delivery for not having Prime.

Dev1lXYZ

I was able to cop a physical edition yesterday on Amazon. All within 15 seconds of me seeing Wario64's tweet. They were gone immediately after, except for the digital edition. By the time I tried to purchase the digital version, the site was acting up and I lost out.

We can trade if you want. I prefer digital for my current situation.

Im happy with digital. The disc version looks deformed with that disk drive stuck on the side.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
In case you haven't found it yet - https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/ps5

Strangely, I got put into a queue on one browser but not another when I ordered so I guess it isn't based on IP address.

As a side note, I ordered at midnight on Wednesday and it'll be here today (hopefully). Since it's direct from Sony, I'm betting Sony Direct will be the best way to get a system until the end of the year.

If im on the site and in a queue now, does that mean theyre going to open more orders and im going to get one, or no?

MiguelItUp

I had the tab up refreshing all day, I must've been a few seconds off of it going live, already fell into an hour long wait. Checking the page source info the expected service time is showing "expectedServiceTimeUTC":"2020-11-26T15:27:35.2252509Z"

November 26th? LMAO!

Maddux4164

I had the tab up refreshing all day, I must've been a few seconds off of it going live, already fell into an hour long wait. Checking the page source info the expected service time is showing "expectedServiceTimeUTC":"2020-11-26T15:27:35.2252509Z"

November 26th? LMAO!
Yeah. Legit was browsing the store half an hour ago myself. PS5 was OOS. But I’ll hang on to this queue and see I suppose

Maddux4164

Yeah. Legit was browsing the store half an hour ago myself. PS5 was OOS. But I’ll hang on to this queue and see I suppose

New message popped up on Direct

Message last updated: 1:20 PM

Certain products may require you to create and/or use a PSN account to purchase. Don’t have one? Registerhere.

OcchiWan

Neo Member
Out of curiosity, when did you order it? I ordered mine Sep. and got it yesterday.

Just curious to see if there is a correlation between the date ordered and the date shipped.
Ordered it September 16th right when pre-orders went up. Just got a notification that it shipped today, and I'll receive it tomorrow. Oddly enough, my cousin ordered one at the same time and got his yesterday from Amazon.

Grinchy

Banned
I had a 15 minute timer on the direct site. I waited it out. It told me it was directing me to the shopping page. Then it put me back into the queue with a "over and hour" timer.

I've given up. I love my brother in law, but I've spent too many hours doing this shit for the past 2 months.

Top Bottom