• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

Argos In U.K. said preorders from today, sold out within the hour by the looks of it.

Shopto still not confirming what preorder Numbers they have.

my preorders showing from mid May but it looks like it’s going to be waiting game for them to confirm numbers.

Isa

I'm pretty hyped for this launch, I've gotta play Demon's Souls. And several others ofc. But I'm going to take my chances with the Sony Invite. I really wish that companies would start to take action against the scalpers. I'm all for a free market but that shit is just wrong. Glad I wasn't trying to get a 3080. Good luck everyone.

Mr Hyde

Finally. FINALLY. I managed to secure one. Every goddamn online outlet I visited was sold out, and then, like a miracle from above, I saw a pre-order and snagged one.

PS5 disc edition, a second controller, charge station, Pulse 3D headset and Demon's Souls. Cost a little over 1000 bucks. I had everything saved up for this. It was totally worth it.

November 19, here we go. Extremely hyped.

dorkimoe

Ordered my just now, won't get it at release.

PS5 Disc + Miles Morales for € 634
Honestly half the stress is the fact that stores dont let you pre order for dates beyond release. So i would still be excited if I were you, you dont have to worry about it :)

bosnianpie

Honestly half the stress is the fact that stores dont let you pre order for dates beyond release. So i would still be excited if I were you, you dont have to worry about it :)

Yeah, I see that some stores are blocking pre-orders altogether. I got mine at a popular electronics chain here in Sweden, guess they have the muscles to secure large quantities once the first wave is over. Waiting a couple of weeks extra is not a big deal for me.

Finally. FINALLY. I managed to secure one. Every goddamn online outlet I visited was sold out, and then, like a miracle from above, I saw a pre-order and snagged one.

PS5 disc edition, a second controller, charge station, Pulse 3D headset and Demon's Souls. Cost a little over 1000 bucks. I had everything saved up for this. It was totally worth it.

November 19, here we go. Extremely hyped.
Where did you finally find the preorder?

autoduelist

Anyone have a landing page for upcoming ps5 games on amazon? Doing a simple search for 'ps5 games' is not exactly useful currently.

I've found Fenyx [gods and monsters], spidey miles, demon's and have them all preordered, but i don't know all the games coming out so was hoping amazon would have a list.

Grinchy

Banned
Through a tale too long to tell, I am in a situation where I'm going to be trying to get one of these direct Playstation invite preorders in on an ipad that isn't updated to the newest firmware and won't let me sign in to the store because of Safari browser incompatibility. So hopefully this weird invite thing is not the same log in code.

Once you've opened the link in a browser, it won't let you switch to any others lol. This will be interesting.

AkVrga7.jpg

sixamp

Got my Sony direct preorder, cancelling my Walmart one to free it up for someone else. Good luck to those of you still trying out there.
I wouldn't cancel that walmart preorder . Just because you got an invite doesnt guarantee you will get the ps5 . The invite is just an invitation to try and get one . Well that's what I read somewhere

Last edited:

Sethbacca

I wouldn't cancel that walmart preorder . Just because you got an invite doesnt guarantee you will get the ps5 . The invite is just an invitation to try and get one . Well that's what I read somewhere

The email didn't guarantee that you would be able to get a preorder through. Those that got a preorder SHOULD be secure. That said I feel better about Sony than Walmart and I've already cancelled the Walmart. Worst case scenario I'm back to hunting for one around release day which would be annoying but not the end of the world.

Last edited:

A318906

Neo Member
The email didn't guarantee that you would be able to get a preorder through. Those that got a preorder SHOULD be secure. That said I feel better about Sony than Walmart and I've already cancelled the Walmart. Worst case scenario I'm back to hunting for one around release day which would be annoying but not the end of the world.
You sir have a very positive outlook about this. Good to see people with the, "I can wait if need be" mentality. I'm right there with you brother!

Last edited:

Sethbacca

You sir have a very positive outlook about this. Good to see people with the, "I can wait if need be" mentality. I'm right there with you brother!

I've been playing this console launch game too long to be heavily invested in it. I want it but it won't kill me.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Did Amazon just find out that they accidentally let too many people preorder without knowing their actual allocation or something? I got the email too.

dorkimoe

Did Amazon just find out that they accidentally let too many people preorder without knowing their actual allocation or something? I got the email too.
Seems like it, meanwhile walmart is still going to take in store pre orders. What a cluster fuck. It could also just be a warning due to covid and the quantity of shipments, so you may get it 1 day later which isnt a big deal but they know how gamers are

Bubba77

i got the amazon email about the Digital version I pre ordered, but not the fat version i ordered.

Edit: and now both

Last edited:

Admerer

What the hell Amazon?

We're contacting you about your order of PlayStation 5 Console (B08FC5L3RG) to let you know in advance that you may not receive this item on the day it is released due to high demand. We’ll make every effort to get the item to you as soon as possible once released.

You can track the latest shipment status of your order under Your Orders on Amazon.com. Once there, you can make changes to unshipped orders, cancel unshipped items, track shipped packages, and much more.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Seems like it, meanwhile walmart is still going to take in store pre orders. What a cluster fuck. It could also just be a warning due to covid and the quantity of shipments, so you may get it 1 day later which isnt a big deal but they know how gamers are

Yeah I just want it before Christmas since the PS5 is one of my wife's Christmas presents to me to stick under the tree so I'm waiting until December 24th/25th to even play the thing regardless.

I don't think you'll find this thing abundantly in stores until like June 2021.

A318906

Neo Member
There isn't much profit being made on eBay for the PS5. $220 profit and thats before PayPal & eBay fees then shipping. Scalpers saturated the listing.

Last edited:
My friend got the email from Amazon also just now. Luckily he was selected by Sony, so he has a contingency.

He's going to sell one at MSRP to an unlucky friend if they do both come. Honorable of him.

Top Bottom