• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wow. 2 minutes?

tenor.gif

BlakeofT

At Walmart, I was able to get one in my cart. When I checkout it tells me that it's out of stock. Any reason to keep trying to checkout?

Edit: according to post above me, yes.
Edit: and now my cart is empty. Man, what fun.

Last edited:

Azaroth

Just got one from Walmart. Put it in my cart, went to checkout, it told me 15 times or so that the item was sold out, but I kept clicking the checkout button again, and eventually it let the purchase through. So keep trying for a bit!

sixamp

Silly question but I just pre-ordered ps5 from Walmart on my pc and at the same time did it on my phone and ended up getting 2. With both be honored if it's to the same address and cc? 1 was for my bro and the other my nephew

The artificial scarcity tactic might actually push people to just buy the Xbox.
This isn't artificial scarcity. I mean it could be that by launch/prior to there will be plenty available at some point. Make no mistake though, it does not matter how many of these they produce, it will not be enough and they are going to be extremely hard to find at times.

The PS4 was hard to find in good times, now with covid and gaming being as big as it's ever been...there's just not going to be enough to go around.

Last edited:
then they come back up with a preorder button and idiot me didnt set up an account with address and payment ready so i had to dick around with that and when i finished they were sold out again :(

Nice seeing all these people get a PS5...unlike the poor sons of bitches over in that Nvidia 30xx RTX thread.

OsamaObama

Not only did nvidia do nothing to prevent bots from buying and scalping their cards, they also released an extremely small amount to the point where most people rapidly refreshing the page didn't even get to buy one. Wow nvidia good job, maybe wait to release a card until you have ample supply. If you are really that scared of amd, then pump out more cards, because honestly if i dont get a 3070 or 3080 at msrp by the time big navi or the ps5 comes out, then my business is going to them, period. This is a damn shame, you should at least just let people get pre orders in see how many there are and then pick batches of people at random to ship to, or at least a date when that order can be fulfilled.

Did anybody told him he's wasting precious time...... :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Chiggs

Got in one disc version preorder on walmart at 9:00pm for myself, just tried again got a 2nd one for my brother. Hope they don’t cancel one of them on me.

I was skeptical of Wal-Mart yesterday, but I am not seeing this thread or Reddit being flooded with cancelled order complaints. You might just be okay.

iorek21

I wasn't around back in 2013, so here's a question: was the demand for PS4 as big as PS5's seems to be?

All these sold out reports are very impressive to me, even in Brazil almost every unit was already sold out.

So much for COVID crisis, huh

Reactions: Isa
I wasn't around back in 2013, so here's a question: was the demand for PS4 as big as PS5's seems to be?

All these sold out reports are very impressive to me, even in Brazil almost every unit was already sold out.

So much for COVID crisis, huh

2 per store every 3-4 days at Target back in 2013. I had inside pull and got one but everyone else got fried on the waiting game. It's gonna be bad.

The artificial scarcity tactic might actually push people to just buy the Xbox.
no. It makes people want a Playstation even more. There was ten people at best buy trying to pre order just clicking that reset button. Might have been a PS Clique, but we were all trying to get our pre order in.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
just going to put it here: HOLY HEL! I'M EXHAUSTED FROM YESTERDAY!!! lol i had a full day work today but I was up all last night to try to score this pre-order refreshing pages from all retailers through the night haha. tomorrow and saturday gotta work too, but then I can finally SLEEP all day on sunday!!! lmao geez luweez!!! if my preorder gets cancelled imma be like :messenger_pouting: !!! now just have to play the waiting game.

Reactions: Isa
I’m happy I snagged the console/accessory bundle at 3am but I must admit my only concern with preordering with Best Buy is that I remember the uproar over the Ghosts of Tsushima CE blunder. Really hope that doesn’t repeat itself come Nov 12 when I go to pick up my order at the store

Top Bottom