• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Stiler

Dang, I tried so many codes that I can't even try anymore, account is timed out for a while it seems, oh well , thanks anyways, congrats to those that got one.

There's not a whole lot to report yet. Starting tomorrow, you'll get plenty of impressions.

Testing everything takes a lot of time; a lot of people are similarly anxious to see SATA III results, for example.

All in due time :) At least you already know you'll get big upgrades on a lot of PSVR games.

For sure, its just disappointing for those investing in PSVR and Pro, a huge expense within a months time and there is no substantial coverage anywhere.

Oneself

Do we know if the menu / realtime themes are supersampled on a 1080p screen?
(I leave the codes for others as I already have bought most of Truant Pixels' work, including VEV)

DOWN

Banned
Lol
It's true :(

dTbEziJ.gif

WIth sound

Pbae

Does this thing come with the vertical stand and if not, do they already sell it?

I did a search on Amazon and there was nothing for the Pro.

farisr

Alright folks, it's official. To prevent others from wasting their time, I can fully confirm that all the codes (1-135) are taken.

Through process of elimination from the posts in this thread, and then trying to find a code that works out of the ones that weren't mentioned (tried all of them), none of them are valid anymore.

Oh well, I didn't get one, but at least I got a shipping notice for the Pro 15 minutes ago.

Again, ALL CODES HAVE BEEN CLAIMED.

Saberus

I got my Pro on Monday night, my play time has been limited but tomb Raider is awesome and VR is better, happy with purchase, rockin 1080p TV only.

d9b

Banned
Picking mine up in the morning (EU), preordered ages ago.

'Rise of the Tomb Raider' will have the honour to be the first game played on it.

It's happening!!!*

*again!!!

kikonawa

Alright folks, it's official. To prevent others from wasting their time, I can fully confirm that all the codes (1-135) are taken.

Through process of elimination from the posts in this thread, and then trying to find a code that works out of the ones that weren't mentioned (tried all of them), none of them are valid anymore.

Oh well, I didn't get one, but at least I got a shipping notice for the Pro 15 minutes ago.

Again, ALL CODES HAVE BEEN CLAIMED.

cry

Smidget

Anyone gamesharing currently? Easy to switch to a new console to keep gamesharing? Gotta find a step by step especially when I'm swapping HDDs etc.

Walmart seems to be the best deal for a trade in so far at $179 right? Don't want to deal with CL.

Excited to see how it looks on my new 40" 4K and with PSVR!

Kalentan

So question, when games support 4k, is that for all modes or just their Single-player portions? Cause I've seen people show off Infinite Warfare Single-player in 4k and 1080p supersampling but no one has answered if the Mulit-player or Zombies are 4k and therefore 1080p supersampling.

I guess my general question is... Do the resolution bumps effect all of the games or just portions? Isn't there some parity thing where most likely say something like BF1's MP may get a resolution buff but can't run better than the PS4 version?

jiiikoo

Banned
Pre-ordered mine from the Finnish Gamestop last saturday and I'm a bit scared if I'm actually getting it tomorrow. The email stated that it is pickable on thursday, but I'm still anxious. Would be just my luck that I don't get it and I've never pre-ordered anything from them so I have little experience with them.

Pejo

Wasn't able to get a code, but thanks for the giveaway anyways! Very cool of you. My PS4 Pro shipped morning, I'll have it tomorrow. It'll be a good chance for me to clean up my cable mess behind my TV and get my PSVR hooked up correctly as well.

Fisty

11 hours and 15 minutes until I hold my precious Pro in my arms. We will make beautiful pixels together.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Gonna pickup mine at 10AM for Best Buy! First replace HDD with spare SSD and then play some games. Not sure what to try first though.

Btw, thanks m0dus for doing the code giveaways. I always miss out on these cuz I'm late lol.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So question, when games support 4k, is that for all modes or just their Single-player portions? Cause I've seen people show off Infinite Warfare Single-player in 4k and 1080p supersampling but no one has answered if the Mulit-player or Zombies are 4k and therefore 1080p supersampling.

I guess my general question is... Do the resolution bumps effect all of the games or just portions? Isn't there some parity thing where most likely say something like BF1's MP may get a resolution buff but can't run better than the PS4 version?

Devs can implement different in different modes, just like now. For example I think Pro UC4 will be 1080p/60 in multiplayer, but 30fps in single player with downsampled 1080p and more effects.

Quonny

Just traded in my 3DS and PS4 to GameStop for $225.

Could've eek'd out probably $30 more from eBay or Craigslist but meh, not worth the hassle.

l e t s g o

Hasney

Having to partition my external to do the backup. Can't do the network thing tomorrow because it's a 2tb in the PS4 that I want to take out and throw in the pro.

Smidget

Having to partition my external to do the backup. Can't do the network thing tomorrow because it's a 2tb in the PS4 that I want to take out and throw in the pro.

Can you partition an external with regular files already on it? Any instructions? I think I'll be doing the same.

I'll be picking mine up on Friday as well, gonna grab some games from bestbuy as well. Gonna be great to be playing games again after taking this small break.

Looking forward to picking this up tonight from GameStop. Sadly I won't get a 4K TV for another month or two but I'm still excited.

Top Bottom