• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

mrklaw

MrArseFace
all codes gone? Tried a scattergun approach and then several in a row.

On the positive side, I found I had $90 in my US account that I've not used in ages. TLG here we come!

Quonny

I feel you, sometimes it's not worth the hassle.

Shipping a PS4 is expensive if I would go the eBay route. Plus all the horror stories and fees.

Craigslist in my town is flooded with PS4s for $200 and 50% of those are from surrounding towns that are 30+ minute drives.

$150 seemed alright, and the girl at the counter was super chill, so all in all a pleasant experience.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wow god damn, I preordered this forever ago, thinking I had time to cancel and totally forgot about it. It just shipped. Son of a bitch.

Kuno

My Best Buy order says "Ready to Pick Up" even though it says Thursday, Nov. 10 right next to it.

...so that can't be right, can it?

xxehUuN.jpg

DarkestHour

Banned
Apologize for the ignorance. I have a PS4. Can I log in to this on my account while my son is using my PS4 logged in to that same account? For instance, I want to watch Plex and he wants to watch Netflix. Also, he may want to play Dragon Quest and I want to play Driveclub.

I'm just not clear if I can play upstairs and then go downstairs and have the same experience or if I would be forced to always use two accounts even if we are not using the systems simultaneously.

We're on the eve of the launch and still no details on the patch for Battlefield 1?
Man, I'm assuming this is now not a launch day patch and will come later on?

Ill pretty much miss all of the codes at this point, seeing as how Im from a different timezone. Its ok though, getting one of those sweet themes to support now.

Rather annoyed that thanks to Sony Asia allocating most of the stocks in Singapore, I might get my pro late in November pr worse, December.

Hasney

Can you partition an external with regular files already on it? Any instructions? I think I'll be doing the same.

Yeah, in Windows you can shrink a partition and reformat just that section. No idea if the PS4 will even see a second partition though yet, so I'll keep you posted because this takes a while.

Kalentan

Devs can implement different in different modes, just like now. For example I think Pro UC4 will be 1080p/60 in multiplayer, but 30fps in single player with downsampled 1080p and more effects.

Okay. So I just need to find someone with a PS4 PRO and ask them to test MP and Zombies. Or I just wait till tomorrow.

RedAssedApe

Banned
My Best Buy order says "Ready to Pick Up" even though it says Thursday, Nov. 10 right next to it.

...so that can't be right, can it?

xxehUuN.jpg

This is normal for all pre-orders. They always send you the email the day before. I've never heard of them breaking street date. You can try if you want...but just prepare to be disappointed.

Also want to inform some people in this thread. Just tested Doom on the pro, and no more crazy hair dryer level of noise!
Old ps4 even went crazy loud in the main menu.
Finished the first level, and ps4 pro noise stays normal. No comparison to what was going on, on my normal ps4 while playing doom.

Gonna pickup mine at 10AM for Best Buy! First replace HDD with spare SSD and then play some games. Not sure what to try first though.

Btw, thanks m0dus for doing the code giveaways. I always miss out on these cuz I'm late lol.

Can you do that straight out of the box without hooking it up first? Install the SSD I mean.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Also want to inform some people in this thread. Just tested Doom on the pro, and no more crazy hair dryer level of noise!
Old ps4 even went crazy loud in the main menu.
Finished the first level, and ps4 pro noise stays normal. No comparison to what was going on, on my normal ps4 while playing doom.

its cuz there's no dust in it yet ;)

VertPin

I absolutely cannot wait to have a PS4 back in my room again. The jet engine launch PS4 in the living room is atrociously loud. I also just prefer to game in my room, lol.

Haines

Banned
What should we expect on the hdr front? Are only a handful of patched games using it?

Will many use it going forward? Or is it really just going to be a random addition that sometimes happens.

Rey

Trading in my PS4 for te PRO tomorrow. Just uploaded my saves to the cloud. Will sync my trophies now.

Anything else I should do on the console?

Chris R

Do I need to format a USB drive for a PS4 backup or can I just back it up onto my drive assuming there is enough space?

majik13

Trading in my PS4 for te PRO tomorrow. Just uploaded my saves to the cloud. Will sync my trophies now.

Anything else I should do on the console?

Deactivate it and Wipe it probably. Maybe backup to an HDD, or at least game saves to a USB for a 2nd backup.

PS4 sold.

PS4 Pro can't be activate as Primary as former PS4 wasn't desactivated even if restore to factory reset.

Sony website says " no cant do, please do it on PS4 "

can't activate PS4 Pro as primary on PS4 PRo they say " go on site to set primary "

smh

Round #2 boys and girls! Call this a mid-thread refresh. More free codes in this post. These are freebies for people who missed the first 135. post the complete code you claim (not just the number!!) to be eligible.

Quote to reveal. I'll be picking the winner at random later today. When these are gone, they're gone.

54. J7M8-9DND-7TNT

took this one. Thanks. Really excited about the pro but my new tv won't be here for a few more weeks. Considering waiting to hook it up to make the biggest first impression possible.

Miggytronz

PS4 sold.

PS4 Pro can't be activate as Primary as former PS4 wasn't desactivated even if restore to factory reset.

Sony website says " no cant do, please do it on PS4 "

can't activate PS4 Pro as primary on PS4 PRo they say " go on site to set primary "

smh

Wuut?

Top Bottom