• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Mine will be arriving tomorrow from Amazon. I have an Elgato HD60 arriving today so I can also finally record console games at 60 FPS. I'm excited to play Rise of the Tomb Raider and the latest three Call of Duty releases on it.

Trace

Banned
naNgaPn.png

Round #2 boys and girls! Call this a mid-thread refresh. More free codes in this post. These are freebies for people who missed the first 135. post the complete code you claim (not just the number!!) to be eligible.

Quote to reveal. I'll be picking the winner at random later today. When these are gone, they're gone.

I got 16. 58DE-T8NJ-DEPF

Thank you sir!

Mr YuYu

Does ps+ backup saves automaticaly?

I was kinda exited and went ahead and wiped my hdd... Any chance i can still get my saves back?

naNgaPn.png

Round #2 boys and girls! Call this a mid-thread refresh. More free codes in this post. These are freebies for people who missed the first 135. post the complete code you claim (not just the number!!) to be eligible.

Quote to reveal. I'll be picking the winner at random later today. When these are gone, they're gone.

32. PE96-CBNQ-JC6T

Thank you!

My 1080p TV hdmi ports are not ver 2...i think they may be 1 or 1.4. This won't put me at a disadvantage with the down sampled stuff will it?

Humdinger

Very nice OT, thanks. Plenty of info there. I'm always impressed by GAF's OT threads. Real quality.

I may pick up a Pro tomorrow at Gamestop. Should be a mess on here, with all the impressions, but I'm looking forward to the upgrade (1080p for now, although the 4K/HDR info sure makes me think about buying a new TV).

5taquitos

I was kinda exited and went ahead and wiped my hdd... Any chance i can still get my saves back?

It should do it automatically, but if you were getting Upload Error messages before you wiped your most recent saves may not be there.

naNgaPn.png

Claimed #33: DB6E-2EN4-82HE

Thanks m0dus

majik13

It should I believe, I think sometimes it can be wonky. And maybe it only does it in the middle of the night.

Dommel

Took me less than an hour to switch my 1TB SSD from my OG PS4 to the Pro (after updating the firmware) and use the 1TB that came with the Pro back in the OG.

Installed latest firmware on both and restoring my backup to the OG which is slow. 3+ hours for 375GB.

Wonko_C

I'm an idiot. I thought I could also redeem one theme from round two even if I grabbed one from round one previously. I got a bit too excited and rushed in and didn't read the whole post until I saw it was for those who missed the first round. I (ovbiously) relinquish from the giveaway, please let me know how can I make up for this. I am sorry.

17. L6BJ-KKNE-JGLE

Are there any codes left? Round 2?

I is a bit thick and confused lol!

edit: can anyone tell me what am I supposed to do please? Thanks

farisr

Of course the codes get posted while I'm out getting lunch and now I've used up my tries without any success and now the timeouts start occuring. LOL. Looks like it's just not my day.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'm an idiot. I thought I could also redeem one theme from round two even if I grabbed one from round one previously. I got a bit too excited and rushed in and didn't read the whole post until I saw it was for those who missed the first round. I (ovbiously) relinquish from the giveaway, please let me know how can I make up for this. I am sorry.

17. L6BJ-KKNE-JGLE

offer modus your first born lol

Mob

I know people are busy grabbing theme codes, but is there an answer to this?

If the drive is already fat32 or exfat then you can backup to it from the PS4 straight away. If it is NTFS, then you would need to format it to fat for the PS4 to detect it.

It should do it automatically, but if you were getting Upload Error messages before you wiped your most recent saves may not be there.

Really? I forgot to worry about saves when I traded in my old PS4 because I mostly play games like Division which stores your character on a sever.

Would be lovely if I can download my Last of Us save so I can use all my upgrades on my new play through

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Does the complete hard drive backup option backup games themselves or just the save files?

Chris R

If the drive is already fat32 or exfat then you can backup to it from the PS4 straight away. If it is NTFS, then you would need to format it to fat for the PS4 to detect it.

Ok Thanks for the answer.

I think it might be exfat but I'll have to check... Just wanted to know if had to take my drive to work to dump the data since I don't have enough space at home to hold it all.

When I come home tomorrow it'll be waiting for me and my good old launch PS4 is moving to the bedroom.

Question:

What's the best way to do the whole primary console thing. My wife and I both used the old PS4, which she'll probably keep using.
Is it best to keep the old one primary and the Pro secondary so she can keep the benefits of my Plus account?
And what are cons of doing it this way?

Anyone?

Mob

Ok Thanks for the answer.

I think it might be exfat but I'll have to check... Just wanted to know if had to take my drive to work to dump the data since I don't have enough space at home to hold it all.

You can check if it can detect it by connecting it and starting the backup process, you can cancel at any step so it's a quick check. If it can't detect the drive it will tell you at the 1st or 2nd step.

DieH@rd

Banned
PS4 sold.

PS4 Pro can't be activate as Primary as former PS4 wasn't desactivated even if restore to factory reset.

Sony website says " no cant do, please do it on PS4 "

can't activate PS4 Pro as primary on PS4 PRo they say " go on site to set primary "

smh

You need to find option "deactivate all" on the website account settings. That will solve your issue,.
Going to devices>PS4 will not offer it there.

graybot

You need to find option "deactivate all" on the website account settings. That will solve your issue,.
Going to devices>PS4 will not offer it there.
I actually still have a PS3 I no longer own still activated

So if I "deactivate all" it's just a case of then going onto my Vita and PS TV(yes I am one of the few who owns a one) and reactivate them?

When I come home tomorrow it'll be waiting for me and my good old launch PS4 is moving to the bedroom.

Question:

What's the best way to do the whole primary console thing. My wife and I both used the old PS4, which she'll probably keep using.
Is it best to keep the old one primary and the Pro secondary so she can keep the benefits of my Plus account?
And what are cons of doing it this way?

Yeah probably best to do it as you described. The only downside is that you won't be able to use downloaded content on the Pro (non-primary) if you are not logged in to PSN. If you're always logged in it's not an issue.

I actually still have a PS3 I no longer own still activated

So if I "deactivate all" it's just a case of then going onto my Vita and PS TV(yes I am one of the few who owns a one) and deactivate them?

If you deactivate all on the website, you wont need to do it on the devices as the website just did it.

Top Bottom