• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Good god, those Hitman screens are really unflattering for someone whose looking forward to playing it on a 1080p screen with the Pro improvements.

Miggytronz

So I did the initialization process on my PS4 before I sold it. So to deactivate it as my primary can I doit online? Or do I need to get back on that PS4?

Mob

naNgaPn.png

Round #2 boys and girls! Call this a mid-thread refresh. More free codes in this post. These are freebies for people who missed the first 135. post the complete code you claim (not just the number!!) to be eligible.

Quote to reveal. I'll be picking the winner at random later today. When these are gone, they're gone.

I grabbed #52 82DC-T6N4-T6BL

Thanks m0dus!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Can you do that straight out of the box without hooking it up first? Install the SSD I mean.
That's exactly what I did with my OG PS4 and what I'm doing with the Pro. Just need to reinstall the OS and restore/copy backup saves/data from backup to Pro. Already sold my PS4 so I won't be doing the LAN console to console transfer.

RAL1992

Claimed #26 - R4PH-7ANF-CLCH Thanks for putting up the codes, I needed a new theme!

Still no update from Amazon regarding shipping for me :( fingers crossed that just means that they are sending it via DPD, otherwise I'll be waiting on a random drop from the farce that is Amazon Logistics.

Hasney

Can you partition an external with regular files already on it? Any instructions? I think I'll be doing the same.

So doing this in Windows didn't work. I'm now trying to use MiniTool Partition Wizard Free to move the FAT32 partition to the start of the drive rather than the end so the PS4 sees that first. Works with Wii U so hopefully it does here

PS4 sold.

PS4 Pro can't be activate as Primary as former PS4 wasn't desactivated even if restore to factory reset.

Sony website says " no cant do, please do it on PS4 "

can't activate PS4 Pro as primary on PS4 PRo they say " go on site to set primary "

smh

Phone Sony and explain that you didnt deactivate the old PS4 before selling it on.
Or try the Deactivate ALL consoles on your account on the website, but be warned it wont allow you to do it again for 6 months.

I do wonder how many people are going to get caught out by this, as there hasnt been much warning about needing to deactivate your old console before activating your new one.

Here's a quick resize of Hitman to 1080p for anyone whose wondering how it would look:

Just looks a bit cleaner but not a noticeable improvement over base PS4. Think I'll go with the high framerate option to see how that plays out.

PolishQ

naNgaPn.png

Round #2 boys and girls! Call this a mid-thread refresh. More free codes in this post. These are freebies for people who missed the first 135. post the complete code you claim (not just the number!!) to be eligible.

Quote to reveal. I'll be picking the winner at random later today. When these are gone, they're gone.

Grabbed 60. 48BL-PHNF-J5B6 Thanks!

Anyone have any recommendations for good 4k tv's/monitors. I'm not talking 60 inch monsters, I'm talking the stuff that competitive fps players would use in tourneys. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

VertPin

Anyone have any recommendations for good 4k tv's/monitors. I'm not talking 60 inch monsters, I'm talking the stuff that competitive fps players would use in tourneys. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

55" Samsung KS8000 for 4K HDR10 support and very low input lag. It's a great TV, but be sure to turn on HD UHD mode if you purchase it.

joshlpaige

Neo Member
Deliveries to my home usually arrive around 6. Given that information and the time to transfer from one PS4 to another, I'm glad Tyranny is releasing. Going to need some of that cathartic escapism while I wait.

majik13

I maybe claimed 34. JRB3-T8NT-P5PD. Thanks for being super cool m0dus

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I don't have a big enough external hdd drive so I can't back it up. I did back up the saves.

I only have a 160BG HDD, so I deleted all my physical game installs, Game saves I no longer wanted and all game captures, to hit 160GB.

I'm more excited than I was for the og PS4, feels like a proper successor to the PS3.

Will be hard waiting for the 2017 OLEDs. Needs me some HDR.

-griffy-

Banned
naNgaPn.png

I snagged code:
48. QLJT-L3N9-B6KC

Thanks m0dus!

5taquitos

Still trying to sell my ps4 with a 2tb drive. Asking 300 with 1 controller. Not sure if thats too much or not.

I was able to sell my 500 GB PS4 with a controller for $200, but that was to a friend. $300 may be pushing it especially since most people won't realize that the difference in price is because of the storage.

Also, a new PS4 costs $300, so most people will not bother with a used model for the same price, even if it does have more storage.

Top Bottom