• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

I'm wondering what will happen if the Pro Mode runs worse than Normal Mode. As a 1080p HDTV owner, can I chose to get the normal PS4 performance? I mean the benefits for 1080p are clear with super sampling and stuff, but if the performance is actually worse there I wouldn't go for it.

Rellik

Damn, awesome OT and awesome giveaway from mOdus.

I claimed 106. HG57-MNNG-AQ7F which was Tiny Tropics Dynamic Theme

Rellik

I'm wondering what will happen if the Pro Mode runs worse than Normal Mode. As a 1080p HDTV owner, can I chose to get the normal PS4 performance? I mean the benefits for 1080p are clear with super sampling and stuff, but if the performance is actually worse there I wouldn't go for it.

It's not going to be worse. It's just a regular PS4 if the game has no Pro patch.

When I come home tomorrow it'll be waiting for me and my good old launch PS4 is moving to the bedroom.

Question:

What's the best way to do the whole primary console thing. My wife and I both used the old PS4, which she'll probably keep using.
Is it best to keep the old one primary and the Pro secondary so she can keep the benefits of my Plus account?
And what are cons of doing it this way?

LAA

Don't suppose anyone can help me with my possible dilemma?
I'm planning to use the 2TB HDD in my current PS4 on the Pro. For that I'm backing up to an external HDD and restoring back on the 2TB HDD when it's in the Pro.
The dilemma part is my brother will keep using the existing PS4.
I was planning to maybe create a backup with everything to restore to the 2TB, and then creating another backup with more things deleted and restoring that backup onto the existing 1TB PS4, but can that be done? Would save GBs of redownloading everything again.

DOWN

Banned
PSVR Enhanced Games for PS4 Pro

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1310047

Since the OT has nothing worthwhile for those with PSVR please visit this thread with many details in regards to PSVR games enhanced for Pro.

I guess OT took the Digital Foundry route of ignoring PSVR.
PSVR is mentioned multiple times and if you read my earlier post, I tried to link that thread but the OP is at the max character limit. No need to approach me with a dig.

farisr

Well webstore's redeem function has stopped working, possibly for me as a protective measure because I was trying out different codes to find one that actually worked.

Don't have a ps4 at the moment either since I sold it for a Pro.

Oh well, guess I don't get it.

DieH@rd

Banned
Don't suppose anyone can help me with my possible dilemma?
I'm planning to use the 2TB HDD in my current PS4 on the Pro. For that I'm backing up to an external HDD and restoring back on the 2TB HDD when it's in the Pro.
The dilemma part is my brother will keep using the existing PS4.
I was planning to maybe create a backup with everything to restore to the 2TB, and then creating another backup with more things deleted and restoring that backup onto the existing 1TB PS4, but can that be done? Would save GBs of redownloading everything again.

That should probably work. You can have more than one backup.

Cotrip

Got #120, thanks!

I'm so hyped for the Pro, but I can't afford the price charged on my country. I'll wait a bit, maybe early next year in time for Horizon.

PSVR is mentioned multiple times and if you read my earlier post, I tried to link that thread but the OP is at the max character limit. No need to approach me with a dig.

Again with the VR complaints?

Come on man. OP answered you the first time. Don't be a dick.

There is nothing substantial there like there is for regular Pro enhanced games. Just trying to get people aware of that thread with the details they might be looking for.

There is nothing substantial there like there is for regular Pro enhanced games. Just trying to get people aware of that thread with the details they might be looking for.

Whilst simultaneously being a dick to OP and about the OT.

At least own up to it and/or apologize.

Anyway, never mind this business. Let's move on. You've made your point twice.

EDIT:

Cool. *high five*

Sorry!

But there is no debate the PSVR coverage from this OT and places like DF has been non existent and is very disappointing.

There's not a whole lot to report yet. Starting tomorrow, you'll get plenty of impressions.

Testing everything takes a lot of time; a lot of people are similarly anxious to see SATA III results, for example.

All in due time :) At least you already know you'll get big upgrades on a lot of PSVR games.

Top Bottom