• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark XBLA | The Official Thread

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Xapati said:
No, is that part of the campaign?

No. When you start up the game and you're looking at the main menu, select "Carrington Institute," which makes the menu go away and lets you walk around. Leave the room you're in and Daniel Carrington should be standing there, waiting to give you the nickel tour. Just look at him or something and he should start talking to you. Follow him from room to room and that should unlock the training areas.

Socreges

Banned
Weird glitch:

Was doing 4.2 Rescue when a guard was panicking and opened up one of the locked doors. It led me to the Escape map which I ran through and eventually reached Infiltration which I ran through until I went through what used to be a lift and fell into empty 3D to my death. That would have scarred me if it had happened 10 years ago.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Socreges said:
Weird glitch:

Was doing 4.2 Rescue when a guard was panicking and opened up one of the locked doors. It led me to the Escape map which I ran through and eventually reached Infiltration which I ran through until I went through what used to be a lift and fell into empty 3D to my death. That would have scarred me if it had happened 10 years ago.

Dude, I pulled off weird stuff like that in GoldenEye when I was 13 or 14. I ended up being okay :lol

Socreges said:
Weird glitch:

hah I love stuff like that, but I have always had some weird feeling of being scared when ever I fall out of a map, in all games.

Socreges

Banned
Can anyone help me with the weapons cache in Datadyne Research?

DATADYNE RESEARCH: -
Difficulty: Any
maintenance panel that the hoverbot opens and drop down the gap
behind the glass. The box is around the corner from there.
How to get it: Get to the box without being seen.

I've done that. I'm not seeing any 'box'.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Socreges said:

It's still neat to do, though.

Diablohead said:
hah I love stuff like that, but I have always had some weird feeling of being scared when ever I fall out of a map, in all games.

You know, there's something about breaking N64 games that feels different than finding glitches in any other system's games. It's kinda scary, yeah, but I don't know why. I did weird stuff with Mario Kart 64, SM64, Ocarina of Time... there's just something about N64 games that lends a certain mystery to what's behind the curtain, and since they're N64 games, it's pretty easy to peek behind the curtain because of how glitchy they were :lol

Jackano

Socreges said:
Can anyone help me with the weapons cache in Datadyne Research?

DATADYNE RESEARCH: -
Difficulty: Any
maintenance panel that the hoverbot opens and drop down the gap
behind the glass. The box is around the corner from there.
How to get it: Get to the box without being seen.

I've done that. I'm not seeing any 'box'.
I think you need to wait in the elevator, doors closed, for about 30 seconds. You will hear the first guard walking, then, shoot him in the back. After that, go to the maintenance room as explained in your post, and you will get a chance to be "not seen"... I don't remember doing that sucessfully 10 years ago, but I remember a magazine explaining how to get those weapons.

Milpool

I'm not getting the crown on Duel, done it numerous times on perfect agent killing all 3 with headshots but nothing. Does it have to be within a certain time limit too or something?

Jethro

Mission 4.3 on Perfect Agent is pissing me off. Really don't know how I made it 7 years ago. At the End, should Jonathan acitvate the hangar doors or yourself?

Medalion

Banned
Jethro said:
Mission 4.3 on Perfect Agent is pissing me off. Really don't know how I made it 7 years ago. At the End, should Jonathan acitvate the hangar doors or yourself?

Newer games require less skill confirmed, and getting rusty.

This game is making me really want a new spy game. Seriously all the shooters we get these days are straight up action and war games. And I'm complaining because I like those games, but for varieties sake I'd love to play a new spy centered game like uh...Perfect Dark Natal?

Milpool said:
I'm not getting the crown on Duel, done it numerous times on perfect agent killing all 3 with headshots but nothing. Does it have to be within a certain time limit too or something?
21. Perfect Head - [Perfect Agent] "SA The Duel" Kill all three enemies with headshots, you can miss shots, but the killing blow HAS to be a headshot, must be done in under 25 seconds as well.

Milpool

AndyMoogle said:
21. Perfect Head - [Perfect Agent] "SA The Duel" Kill all three enemies with headshots, you can miss shots, but the killing blow HAS to be a headshot, must be done in under 25 seconds as well.

Cheers, where is that from? The time limit isn't mentioned on that achievement list that's been linked a few times.

Xapati

Danthrax said:
No. When you start up the game and you're looking at the main menu, select "Carrington Institute," which makes the menu go away and lets you walk around. Leave the room you're in and Daniel Carrington should be standing there, waiting to give you the nickel tour. Just look at him or something and he should start talking to you. Follow him from room to room and that should unlock the training areas.

This worked, thanks.

J-Roderton

Someone wanna give some some tips for this game. I almost finish the second mission. I beat the objectives and then i get to a room with stupid turrets and shit in it and it kills me so i have to start all over. What is going on? UGH. I suck at this game.

Cday

Banned
Jroderton said:
Someone wanna give some some tips for this game. I almost finish the second mission. I beat the objectives and then i get to a room with stupid turrets and shit in it and it kills me so i have to start all over. What is going on? UGH. I suck at this game.

That's the end of the level and you have to shoot them, preferably from a distance.

J-Roderton

InvincibleAgent said:
Yeah. I'd recommend shooting them with the Dragon.

Okayy good deal then. I figured I just needed to hit a switch or something somewhere to shut them off. I'll try shooting them down now. Thanks.

Anyone else taking way too long to find games? My friend and I will wait up to several minutes at a time, and sometimes it will throw us in with one or two people and start. It wasn't bad at all at launch, but it keeps getting worse by the day. I wonder if the audience is dying off so soon? Sigh, if only it had a lobby we could just find a game and hop into.

Medalion

Banned
I realise I haven't played this game in ages, I was stuck many times trying to figure out what to do in the first Area 51 level.

I played this game on my shitty SDTV yesterday and felt like I was 16 again :lol

Challenges have been good so far, a great mix of things to do but FUCK THE BIOSIM! I had to lame win against him coating a 1-way entry room with prox mines, he headshots you like he has some kind of cheat on :/

Mr Sandman said:
Anyone else taking way too long to find games? My friend and I will wait up to several minutes at a time, and sometimes it will throw us in with one or two people and start. It wasn't bad at all at launch, but it keeps getting worse by the day. I wonder if the audience is dying off so soon? Sigh, if only it had a lobby we could just find a game and hop into.
No online achievements = online will die quickly.

Rather surprising they did not go with a play 10 games on live achievement or something.

jabipun

Thinking about picking this up.

Never played this game on the N64. Is it good? I mean - would I enjoy it without the nostalgia factor?

Dan Yo

Banned
I just now realized that holding forward on the stick for a certain period causes Joanna to sprint. How did I not know this? Was it like that in Goldeneye as well?

jabipun said:

Never played this game on the N64. Is it good? I mean - would I enjoy it without the nostalgia factor?
You could try the demo...it has multiplayer and one sp mission.

Getting a bit pissed off at challenges 20+ since the bots can see you through walls, aim at you and shoot the moment they appear, so frustrating! I like a challenge but the cpu cheats so badly.

Diablohead said:
Getting a bit pissed off at challenges 20+ since the bots can see you through walls, aim at you and shoot the moment they appear, so frustrating! I like a challenge but the cpu cheats so badly.
This.
I try to shoot early so when they turn the corner they get hit but doesn't always work. Especially when you spawn and you don't even have a weapon.

Cday

Banned
Diablohead said:

I had a lot of trouble with challenge 20 in particular. The way to do it is to order your teammate to follow you as soon as you spawn (Hold LB, RT(x2), select "follow"). Then go to the walkway that bridges over the pit in the middle of the map which has a shield spawn on it and camp there.

grkazan12

So, I completed all of the 32 guns in the shooting range, but I didn't get the achievement Tools of the Trade. Did anyone else have this problem???

grkazan12 said:
So, I completed all of the 32 guns in the shooting range, but I didn't get the achievement Tools of the Trade. Did anyone else have this problem???
I seen people say exactly that before so I think it's bugged.

guys i cant seem to find the one hit kill mode or any sort of health adjustment option. Someone help as we have been trying everything!

Cday

Banned
Game Settings > Pick either Quick or Advanced Setup > Options > Boom there it is

I don't believe there is a handicap option in the XBLA version.

Cday said:
Game Settings > Pick either Quick or Advanced Setup > Options > Boom there it is

I don't believe there is a handicap option in the XBLA version.

I cant find it. It has no radar no player highlight etc... does not have the one hit kill option.

Cday

Banned
It probably has to be unlocked through beating challenges then. My guess would be challenge 9 since it's a one hit kill scenario.

mokeyjoe

jabipun said:

You don't need the nostalgia to enjoy it, but it may help to get over some of the initial frustrations and 'oldness' of the game. If you have an open mind to older games then you'll like it, it does a bunch of stuff that you don't really see in modern shooters and is a refreshingly different experience in many ways.

The campaign gets much better on higher difficulties IMO (although much, much harder) and the multiplayer is totally gimped in matchmaking mode - private games are so much better.

All things considered it's still my favourite console FPS, but if you're a big fan of Halo style FPSs then you might not like it so much - it's about as different as an FPS can get.

grkazan12 said:
Same thing happened to me :/

but finally beat it today :D
also beat the 2 extra levels, now to beat all the missions on perfect agent to get the last bonus level, although I remember it being tough as hell on N64.
had to use the gameboy Perfect dark transfer thing on N64 to unlock the last extra level :lol

Dizzy-4U

Goddamit! I'm dying to play this =(. Oh well, one more week to go!

I haven't used internet for like 2 weeks, so I don't know anything. Is the game selling well? Any control issues or something?

Dizzy-4U said:

I haven't used internet for like 2 weeks, so I don't know anything. Is the game selling well? Any control issues or something?
Only annoying things for me are the age old AI who cheat and the moving crosshair, annoying as shit when you are trying to actually hit someone or go for head shots.

I did notice earlier if you grab the uzi that allows target lock-on's, when you enable it's secondary mode the crosshair doesn't sway around the screen like all the other guns do, it's my go-to weapon if it's on the level I am playing.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Dizzy-4U said:

Get ready for a shock for some bad aiming mechanics mostly from the crappy deadzone.

BrotherSic

Neo Member
Title update on the way:

#PerfectDark title update 2 set for late April! Achievement fixes, Southpaw & Legacy controls, Swap Triggers, aim sensitivity sliders...

...plus Solo & Team 'Hardcore' playlists (no radar or auto-aim). All issues investigated, some had too many knock-on effects to implement.

We'll have a bit more information closer to release.

Peff

Wow, I think that's all the complaints I've seen, there were more :lol !? What about toning down the light sources a bit? Good job supporting the game with so many fixes anyways :D. Also, are sales going according to keikaku?

Top Bottom