• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark XBLA | The Official Thread

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
BrotherSic said:
Title update on the way:

We'll have a bit more information closer to release.

25z5s44.gif

Hardcore playlists with no auto aim and no radar = WIN!!!

mokeyjoe

I'm looking forward to the manual aim fix even more. It was the one one thing that bothered me about the way the game played. Going back to the original manual aiming was such a joy to use. It's going to improve multiplayer as well now that sniping and long distance shots will be that much easier.

I'm still hoping they put group/team matchmaking in as well. I'd like to be able to just join my friends when I see them playing this online too.

PSGames

Peff said:
Wow, I think that's all the complaints I've seen, there were more :lol !? What about toning down the light sources a bit? Good job supporting the game with so many fixes anyways :D. Also, are sales going according to keikaku?

I would agree on this. Probably not something they could easily do?

Also what are the achievement glitches? I didn't know there were any...

PSGames said:
I would agree on this. Probably not something they could easily do?

Also what are the achievement glitches? I didn't know there were any...
Getting bronze or higher for all guns in the training range should give you the achievement, but a lot of people are not getting it.

The button layout bugs me more than the sticks. I have learned how to deal with non-legacy sticks from other shooters, but not having "Next gun" be the A button is just wrong. Ideally, A would do what Y does, Y would do what X does, and X would do what A does. That is, on the Spartan setup.

Milpool

Nuclear Muffin said:
The update better let us mix and match heads and bodies, or else!

Elvis' head on Mr Blonde's body or bust!

You can already, you just have to hold RB this time round for some reason.

Milpool said:
You can already, you just have to hold RB this time round for some reason.

Oh wow, I had no idea :lol It's a bit hacky but it works!

I still wish that this update would add in the original Elvis head design though. I prefer the N64 look to the realistic look of the 360 version :(

0OoO0

This game is the MOST FRUSTRATING game I've ever played on the 360. I have tried over 15 times trying to beat the 3rd mission (extraction). I always die right at the end (the part where the light in the room switches off and there is like 5 enemies in a room). I take them all down except the very last one, it is always the last one up in the stairs that shoots me and I die instantly. I know I am not doing anything wrong because I even looked up youtube for a video playthrough of that level. I blame the terrible controls. And the worst part is I have to start allllllllllll over again. Pisses me off so so much!

0OoO0 said:
This game is the MOST FRUSTRATING game I've ever played on the 360. I have tried over 15 times trying to beat the 3rd mission (extraction). I always die right at the end (the part where the light in the room switches off and there is like 5 enemies in a room). I take them all down except the very last one, it is always the last one up in the stairs that shoots me and I die instantly. I know I am not doing anything wrong because I even looked up youtube for a video playthrough of that level. I blame the terrible controls. And the worst part is I have to start allllllllllll over again. Pisses me off so so much!

Switch the light back on and all the enemies will be blind for a few seconds making them easier to kill.

Another problem with the online = shield camping
Weapons/Shield spawn back so damn fast.

Laptop gun and camping while Hold the Briefcase :/

I know it's random but man...

0OoO0 said:
What difficulty? I didn't even get hit on Agent :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
InvincibleAgent said:
The button layout bugs me more than the sticks. I have learned how to deal with non-legacy sticks from other shooters, but not having "Next gun" be the A button is just wrong. Ideally, A would do what Y does, Y would do what X does, and X would do what A does. That is, on the Spartan setup.

this

I've tapped A while frantically running from enemies or something, intending to switch weapons, only to find that I... didn't switch my weapon. -_-

0OoO0 said:
Yeah that part was a bitch for me too on Perfect Agent. But then I realized that you can move right away instead of waiting for Cassandra's speech to finish. Blasted the one on the right and then double crouched behind the stairs. Peeked out and blasted another one, went back in, popped out... rinse and repeat.

Though in your case it seems to be the last one that gives you most problems. Try to shoot her from downstairs or something instead. Do you have auto-aim on? If not, try that.

Also, have you turned down the sensitivity? That helps a LOT. It's way better when you have it around 40-45% or so.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
0OoO0 said:

Another way of dealing with them is have your CMP, or whatever that little machine gun is called, selected and on secondary fire. As soon as you're in the room and can move then quickly hold down the left trigger and move the target over as many as you can then hide. You're gun will now auto track them and you can just keep popping them off as you give little bursts of fire without actually having to accurately aim.

Or get the Dragon from the vent area. If you've got the key card off one of the guards, head into Cassandra's office, get the grenade and throw it at the wall to the far right parallel to the window. The Dragon will tear their asses a new one.

TheVampire said:
Switch the light back on and all the enemies will be blind for a few seconds making them easier to kill.

This is one of those things that I thought was so cool in the N64 game. It kind of pains me that some games in modern day dont have little hidden things like this in games. This is what separates PD from the others. :D

Nuclear Muffin said:

Haha, I had the exact same set up back in the N64 days. I used the Elvis head with the snorkel though.

Dan Yo

Banned
CO_Andy said:
"Lock Sight" better mean no crosshair lag.
If that's what lock sight is then I regret going through all of PD on perfect agent before the update. That would've made things so much easier.

Cobra84

Cerrius said:
http://i44.tinypic.com/3311tmp.jpg
This should have been available at launch. This patch has made me stop playing until it is out.

I assume "lock sight" keeps the crosshair in the middle of the screen like most current FPS? The free moving crosshair just doesn't work as well on the 360's sticks.

CO_Andy

Dan Yo said:
If that's what lock sight is then I regret going through all of PD on perfect agent before the update. That would've made things so much easier.
Couldn't get any easier with auto-aim. If you didn't use that i applaud your effort.

Nuclear Muffin said:

I've been playing as Peter Molyneux with boobs since I figured out the RB thing.

WHOA @ Lock Sight. That could be a game changer here. If that actually locks it like modern dual stick shooters the whole game would feel pretty damn different.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Net_Wrecker said:
WHOA @ Lock Sight. That could be a game changer here. If that actually locks it like modern dual stick shooters the whole game would feel pretty damn different.

Yup, I was holding off buying this game until I cleared my backlog a bit, but if that update delivers, day 1!

mokeyjoe

Lock aim + aim sensitivity slider. This is going to make a huge difference. Very welcome. I hope they add team/group matchmaking in now too, then it'd be pretty much perfect.

:/ i really hope these achievement glitches are fixed in the update, other then that the other updates are great :D
although :lol :lol most people just play the first mission for counter co-op and co-op when i search for games in the quick search

Goldeneye guns <3

CO_Andy

In its current state its far too much work to shoot limbs.

Would be nice to torture my enemies and have a sniper rifle that isn't clunky.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I can't wait for the update.

Improved controls with the lock sight option plus the hardcore playlists with no auto aim or radar! :D

The ONLY other thing that irks me is the inclusion of shields in multi. I never used shields back in the N64 days because the matches just turn into massive campfests. Once someone grabs a hold of the shield spawn, it's almost impossible to turn the tables.

I'm hoping the hardcore playlists don't have shields but we'll see.

As classic-cool as the moving crosshair is currently, I can't wait to make it stay still so I can manually aim better for headshots.

thomastoad

Neo Member
Lately it's been very hard for me to find a game, sometimes sitting in the lobby for 5 minutes before even one person joins, anyone have any tips or are there really just that few players online? Obviously I should be playing with friends but for just a quick game or two are there any gameplay options that seem more popular, do more people choose the 4 player option versus the 8 player?

Dizzy-4U

Finally got the game yesterday. I played it non-stop with friends for hours and oh man, so much fun! The only issue I have with it so far is that the deadzone is kinda rough and since I play without auto-aim, is kinda hard sometimes if the enemy is far. Other than that, the game is still awesome.

By the way, Do you have to unlock the "One hit Kill" option? We didn't find the option in the menues.

mokeyjoe

Dizzy-4U said:
Finally got the game yesterday. I played it non-stop with friends for hours and oh man, so much fun! The only issue I have with it so far is that the deadzone is kinda rough and since I play without auto-aim, is kinda hard sometimes if the enemy is far. Other than that, the game is still awesome.

By the way, Do you have to unlock the "One hit Kill" option? We didn't find the option in the menues.

Yes, one hit kills is unlocked by doing the challenges, as are 8 sims and slow-mo and a few other things.

Rare are releasing an update for the controls including aim sensitivity, so that might help out with the twitchy aiming you're experiencing when it arrives at the end of the month.

Top Bottom