• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2011: No Dickwolves allowed...

Shurs

dick-wolf-on-crime-and-punishment-300x351.jpg

Chairhome

Gonna print out a little thing to attach to my badge with the NeoGAF logo and my avatar and NeoGAF name on it as I said I might. Just want to see how many other GAFfers I can run into while I'm there! I'll post the image when I make it tonight, in case anyone wants to do something similar.

Kinda disappointed that the only Halo stuff will be the tournament (some normal hands-on stations with the Defiant pack would have been cool).

I'm probably looking forward to Double Fine's Trenched the most. I'll give GoW3 a spin too if the line isn't enormous.

FinFan

Anyone know if the convention center has lockers or coat check? Last year I stayed at the Sheraton that was attached to the Hynes center so I didn't have to worry about it.

The convention center site mentions it but the link is broken.

FinFan said:
Anyone know if the convention center has lockers or coat check? Last year I stayed at the Sheraton that was attached to the Hynes center so I didn't have to worry about it.

Yeah, there are like 2-3 different coat check areas.

epmode

Cromulent_Word said:
I'll be at the Ubi booth demo'ing Clash of Heroes HD. Come by and say hi.
Oh man, I was beginning to worry about that. Haven't seen a thread in a while! I'll stop by for sure.

Sanjuro

OnPoint said:
We'll have to actually meet up this year. Are you going to the Bruins/Sabres game?
I would like to, but I'm leaning towards no on this one. I just don't have the money on hand to put down for a night there as well.

gunstarhero

Posted this in the BUY/SELL thread -

Hey guys -

This is why owning your own business sucks sometimes... I have 3 passes for PAX EAST (all of them are 3-Day Passes) that I need to get rid of because I'm stuck here working all weekend. I'll sell them at face value ($55 a piece) and overnight them to you for free if your interested. PayPal works.

Just PM me if your interested.

I'll return to my crying now.

Thanks.
photo.JPG

Chairhome

Just arrived in Boston! Checked into the hotel. Gonna take a nap and then explore ... anyone else already in town?anything going on tonight other than the harmonix party?

JackEtc

Flying in from MD (BWI) early tomorrow morning. Last year, I took the same flight and everyone on it was heading to PAX, it was awesome.

Can't wait!

I am leaving from CT 5AM tomorrow for PAX East with Pokemon Black in hand. For the Apple fanboys the closest Apple store is 30 minutes away, anyone going to leave and pick up an iPad2 and head back decisions ?

OnPoint said:
If I end up with one I'll get it over to you.

Thanks so much!!

If OnPoint can't get it, if anyone else goes to the League of Legends booth can you pick up a free Pax Jax card for his skin :D Jax is the best!

Heavy said:
Thanks so much!!

If OnPoint can't get it, if anyone else goes to the League of Legends booth can you pick up a free Pax Jax card for his skin :D Jax is the best!

From the sound of things I think everyone going to PAX is getting a PAX Jax code in their swag bag. I think you only need to go to the Riot Booth to get Riot Singed.

BigAT

Leaving tomorrow morning with a few friends, driving up from NJ. Part of me is mildly regretting not getting a 3-day pass, only because of how hyped I am for Saturday.

AlphaTwo00 said:
I'm waiting for a flight out of Toronto, and it's been delayed. Hey BOSTON, fix your weather so that I can fly out!!!
I'm probably sitting 20ft from you right now. And by looking out the window... it's not just Boston that needs a weather fix.

Also i might have a 3day pass depending on how the Ubi booth works.

Sanjuro

AlphaTwo00 said:
I'm waiting for a flight out of Toronto, and it's been delayed. Hey BOSTON, fix your weather so that I can fly out!!!
Our weather is fine here. Just checked into my hotel. Chillaxin, actin all cool...

CliffyB

Playah
I am here. Brought a g3 beta build which I handed off to my ms guys earlier. Come play at the ms booth and post feedback please.

JackEtc

CliffyB said:
I am here. Brought a g3 beta build which I handed off to my ms guys earlier. Come play at the ms booth and post feedback please.
Really excited to try this out. Hopefully the lines aren't that long.

Sanjuro

Oh, I have no idea. PAX is my journey back into the discovery of a ton of games.

Any meet ups / boozing for tonight?

kyoya

Taking the bus tomorrow morning into Boston just in time for one of the first panels, now off to pack my bag and charge my DS and PSP.

Went and covered the first PAX East last year. Was great, even if I missed parts and did not move fast enough for Press credentials.

Not going this year due to post-graduation money concerns. Next year should be solid.

FinFan

CliffyB said:

My plane lands at noon. After dropping ym bags at the hotel I'll be there.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
CliffyB said:

Oh how I wish I was in the US right now, damn. Wish I could be playing that already

At least I know it's definitely true about the beta being there - hopefully the Cole Train Plushie Avatar prop is true as well.

classicdms

Neo Member
I have come into possession of a 3 day pass that I will not need. I will be selling it for 55 to anyone on here. PM me if you're interested. I supposed the only way to do it is meeting me at the convention.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Getting ready to pack now. Heading down from Maine tomorrow morning. Had a great time last year, despite going alone and I'll be soloing it again this year (forever alone...). I'm disappointed by the panel offerings this year, but the show floor seems to have more games I'm interested in. I'm hoping the lines aren't too crazy for the 3DS.

I think i'll take a quick walk around of the place and get free swag first lol- dem shirts from last year B^)

hope rockstar has good shirts for L.A noire like they did for red dead redemption.

I hope those 3DS lines aren't long either

Chairhome

I may need a pass or two for some friends that are local. If anyone has extra, please PM me with your number or email, and if I need them, I'll contact you tomorrow to buy them. Thanks!

I stopped by the Westin (I'm staying at the Courtyard in South Boston) to check out the board game night that was going on, place was packed, every table was taken with board games! Cool stuff, can't wait to get into the convention tomorrow!

Sanjuro

classicdms said:
I have come into possession of a 3 day pass that I will not need. I will be selling it for 55 to anyone on here. PM me if you're interested. I supposed the only way to do it is meeting me at the convention.
Do you still have this pass available?

JackEtc

On the plane at BWI, flight was supposed to leave at 7:20. Waiting on runway till 8:45. Boston, please fix your weather!

zlatko

Banned
CliffyB said:

Any plans for when you guys will unveil what's in the Limited and EPIC editions of Gears 3? Gamestop has this horrible policy of whatever you pre-order, if it comes with some kinda code like the Gears 3 beta, then you can't cancel your pre-order. I plan to get Gears 3 no matter what, but I want to know which version is right for me out of the LE and EPIC ones. :(

Still haven't pre ordered because of this, and I really want to play the beta, but until I know what's in the LE and EPIC I have to sit on my hands.

CliffyB said:
Sweet!. Look for me Cliffy. I'll be the tall guy with the Red Sox garb. Bring a camera so you can get a picture with me.
Seriously though I wish I had a 3 day pass and a healthy back. Growing up around here I could have shown some Gaffers some cool spots for some drinks. I will enjoy Saturday though for as long as my bad back can hold out.
=D

Top Bottom