• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2011: No Dickwolves allowed...

Chairhome

PAX is awesome so far. I think the cell networks are getting bogged down.

I played Kid Icarus (w/ headphones. Man, Pit's voice is annoying). Man, the game is awesome. Can't wait for that one. Pilotwings was great,got two perfect landings (jetpack and glider). The 3d on that madw me feel cross eyed though. Had to turn it down especially on that game. Only tried Steel Diver for a tiny bit, but it was okay. SSF IV was ok. Only tried dynamic mode but was not impressed. I played it with 3d though. Might need to try again later with RE Mercenaries.

A friend of mine took a pic with S. Killian... we asked him about arcade edition :-D

I brought way too much stuff, my back is killing me.

zlatko

Banned
Chairhome said:
PAX is awesome so far. I think the cell networks are getting bogged down.

I played Kid Icarus (w/ headphones. Man, Pit's voice is annoying). Man, the game is awesome. Can't wait for that one. Pilotwings was great,got two perfect landings (jetpack and glider). The 3d on that madw me feel cross eyed though. Had to turn it down especially on that game. Only tried Steel Diver for a tiny bit, but it was okay. SSF IV was ok. Only tried dynamic mode but was not impressed. I played it with 3d though. Might need to try again later with RE Mercenaries.

A friend of mine took a pic with S. Killian... we asked him about arcade edition :-D

I brought way too much stuff, my back is killing me.

Did he tell you if we'll see the console DLC of AE soon? :p

Kafel

Banned
5516639042_c30a98b27f_t.jpg

See us at PAX and get a Gears of War prop

If you are attending PAX East this weekend, keep an eye out for me, Eric Neustadter (Xbox Operations) Laura Massey (Xbox development) Stephen Toulouse (Xbox Enforcement) and Eric Doty (Xbox Community Manager) and ask one of us for your special PAX East only Avatar Prop. This year, it’s a special Gears of War 3 Thrashball Cole plushie. This is a limited edition item that you can only get from one of us here at PAX East. You can catch us Friday morning at the Tweet-up or at many of the scheduled events throughout the weekend.

mn

zlatko

Banned
Chairhome said:
No date ,but he said... "yes".

Okay, thank goodness. I'll keep holding onto my copy of SSF4 then as long as it is coming. Really want to mess around with DAT YUN!

Did you get to talk to him about anything else, like his thoughts on no spectator mode in MvC3?

Chairhome

zlatko said:
Okay, thank goodness. I'll keep holding onto my copy of SSF4 then as long as it is coming. Really want to mess around with DAT YUN!

Did you get to talk to him about anything else, like his thoughts on no spectator mode in MvC3?
Conversation was brief. Sorry!

In Dance Central news: New dlc (I didn't ask for a date): Paula Abdul- Straight Up, Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice , Keri Hilson - Turnin me on.

And played El Shaddai, met Shane B. El Shaddai is pretty awesome.

JackEtc

Today started AWFUL:
Plane was supposed to leave MD at 7:20, sat on runway for THREE hours, then for an hour in boston. We get to the hotel, and it turns out we had reservations in the wrong hotel. We check into room after long day of PAX, find one queen bed instead of two double beds.

But, I guess things find a way of turning around. I'm currently resting my legs in the Renaissance Presidential Suite (courtesy of the manager), and I'm having a blast at PAX.

Going back for the Giant Bomb panel tonight.

-PXG-

Beer Monkey said:
Any parties with free drinks tonight? Either open or where you can get my name on the list?

Yes, I'm a whore. But well behaved.

Brink party tonight, but I think it's invite only.

Also:

Gears 3 footage
Gears 3 footage
Gears 3 footage
Gears 3 footage
Gears 3 footage
Gears 3 footage
Gears 3 footage
Gears 3 footage
Gears 3 footage

Pretty good day at PAX, didn't feel like waiting in huge long lines since I was there for a short time, finally played the 3DS but I got Lego star wars lol, it was actually pretty good, 3D worked great
went by the capcom booth and it was a short wait for the 3DS, Resident Evil : the mercenaries was fucking awesome

I'll be there first thing tomorrow to play Duke Nukem , Portal 2, and L.A Noire, gears of war 3

Anyone that's played L.A noire know if you get a free t-shirt like they did with red dead redemption

Haha it was like a riot for those bioshock infinity t-shirts at 3 pm , I didn't get one :(
Hopefully I'll get one tomorrow B^)

Dat Crimson Viper cosplay woman

Haklong

Left PAX to go home before we head over to the Brink party. Was able to see a live demo of LA Noir. It was running on the PS3 and it looked really good. Really looking forward to that game when it comes out.

zlatko

Banned
Haklong said:
Left PAX to go home before we head over to the Brink party. Was able to see a live demo of LA Noir. It was running on the PS3 and it looked really good. Really looking forward to that game when it comes out.

If you can ask two questions at the Brink party for me I'd love you forever.

1) Will they please do dedicated servers on console version?

2) Is there a multiplayer option to play strictly team deathmatch on a map, or no ?

Haklong

zlatko said:
If you can ask two questions at the Brink party for me I'd love you forever.

1) Will they please do dedicated servers on console version?

2) Is there a multiplayer option to play strictly team deathmatch on a map, or no ?

If anyone there is willing to answer questions I will. I will also be there tomorrow so I'm sure I can ask someone at the booth. They have a really large presence there with many stations running the game.

Sanjuro

Dreamwriter said:
I don't see how it could be a "huge disappointment" based on what everyone else is saying about the game - what exactly did you expect?
I haven't heard or seen what anyone is saying about the game. I saw it there, played it, hated it.

They did give out shirts with LA Noire.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I haven't heard or seen what anyone is saying about the game. I saw it there, played it, hated it.

They did give out shirts with LA Noire.
My point was, what did you find disappointing about it? Pretty much all people and reviews are saying it's a near-perfect port of the console games, with more modes than they had.

Sanjuro

Dreamwriter said:
My point was, what did you find disappointing about it? Pretty much all people and reviews are saying it's a near-perfect port of the console games, with more modes than they had.
It doesn't feel very fluid or anything like the console version. Kind of like a comparison of when they started putting Mortal Kombat on the Game Gear.

Sanjuro

celebi23 said:
any DNF impressions?
I thought it was about what I expected it to be. Felt very unpolished and very awkward driving controls. The booth was the best looking one at the show.

The only two games that blew me away were LA Noire and KOTOR. I need to try a few more of the 3DS games though.

Tawpgun

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I thought it was about what I expected it to be. Felt very unpolished and very awkward driving controls. The booth was the best looking one at the show.

The only two games that blew me away were LA Noire and KOTOR. I need to try a few more of the 3DS games though.
I refuse to believe that :(

MORE DUKE IMPRESSIONS.

Duke Nukem was the best booth, lol at "hail to the king everest" and other random pics of Duke . You can get your picture taken on a throne with two ladies , I might do that tomorrow after playing the game.

Hyped to play dat Duke tomorrow.

Sanjuro

A27 Tawpgun said:
I refuse to believe that :(

MORE DUKE IMPRESSIONS.
It wasn't bad. The demo was humorous and had some cool jokes, but overall it will be just a weekend rental for the nostalgia sake.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Is it the stupid Borderlands FPS Car controls?

I really wish developers would stop doing that. Give me a steering wheel, accelerator, and brakes -- maybe a gun button or two, then get out of my way! >:|

Child of Eden on Kinect was a lot of fun and quite hypnotizing. Then I found out it was 50 bucks! I thought it was an Arcade title! Very short game for 50 bucks. Played one of the five levels and it took about 10 minutes.

The controls were tighter than I expected. I'm starting to see more potential in kinect and I've decided to keep the "free" unit I scored.

AcridMeat

Banned
JackEtc said:
Today started AWFUL:
Plane was supposed to leave MD at 7:20, sat on runway for THREE hours, then for an hour in boston. We get to the hotel, and it turns out we had reservations in the wrong hotel. We check into room after long day of PAX, find one queen bed instead of two double beds.

But, I guess things find a way of turning around. I'm currently resting my legs in the Renaissance Presidential Suite (courtesy of the manager), and I'm having a blast at PAX.

Going back for the Giant Bomb panel tonight.

Let me know how this went, thanks!

Chairhome

Met Neverfade from here! Cool guy. I'll be going back tomorrow but I hit most of the stuff I wanted to. Kinda disappointed, went all the way to the Gamers Gone Wild party to not be let in cause it was overcapacity or something. Oh well, I'm tired.

I tried SSF4 3DS.

It was very fluid.. Gotta get use the controls.. unfortunately the demo doesn't allow you to take it off that horrible over the shoulder display so I couldn't experience the classic gameplay. the 3D at least looks cool on character select and stuff.. but the game is unplayable in that over the shoulder view.

Day 1 still cause it flows well and looks like tons of fun.

malfcn

If people are able to hook up Cole plushies take my name down. Love the character and have been rocking him since Gears 1. :)

I live in OH so maybe a PAX visit will be doable some year. They are public, right?

Chairhome

TurtleSnatcher said:
I tried SSF4 3DS.

It was very fluid.. Gotta get use the controls.. unfortunately the demo doesn't allow you to take it off that horrible over the shoulder display so I couldn't experience the classic gameplay. the 3D at least looks cool on character select and stuff.. but the game is unplayable in that over the shoulder view.

Day 1 still cause it flows well and looks like tons of fun.
You can opt to go out of the over the shoulder display if you pick classic mode at the beginning instead of dynamic. Maybe you continued off someone else's game. I didn't like the controls which you couldn't change. I have to try classic mode to see if I like it.

Neverfade

Fjordson said:
Is L.A. Noire playable at the show?

Someone's playing it, but it isn't you. You get to watch like half of the first mission. Pretty excellent stuff, but they didn't show off any of the gunplay.

Fjordson

Neverfade said:
Someone's playing it, but it isn't you. You get to watch like half of the first mission. Pretty excellent stuff, but they didn't show off any of the gunplay.
Ah, interesting. I'm pretty hyped for it. Thanks!

element

Day 1.
Catch up with alot of people I haven't seen in a bit.
Community and Facebook Panel moderated by me.
Brink Party. Brink looks very cool.
Chill at the W Bar with lots of very cool people.
Get home. Rest feed. Take advil.

Day 2.
Check out LA Noire, XBLA Games, DNF, BF3, Portal 2, and more if possible.
Community Manager panel moderated by me. Be there!

The Int3rsect said:
You know who else looks amazing in person?

Jessica Chobot. :)
She's there? Do you get picture opportunities with people like her, Cliffy and the X-play crew? Would love some pics(with me in them) for my game room.
Leaving home soon. Mapquest says 22 minutes but that could mean 90 minutes going through Boston.
Can't wait!!!!

Chorazin

PAX East has been amazing so far, looking forward to a ton of panels and game demos today.

Also, I got I to the Invite only Irrational Games party, so fucking excited for tonight!

Oh I'll be wearing a Pats Rodney Harrison Jersey #37. If anyone has connections to a good after party help a guy out. If you don't then keep walking. ;)

Top Bottom