• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders Demo - PS5 and Series X graphics and performance comparison

Thats rich considering this is a thread made for console warring lol. Op conveniently again leaves out any context on a demo that has minimal differences.

Hilariously its about a demo :messenger_beaming:

Well if you watched the video he said he doubts the final version will be much different.

But Hostiles reasons for leaving wasn't due to console warring. He simply didn't like the way gaf is going.

Tell that to your genius engineer buddy

Tell it to yourself.

I already talked to geordiemp geordiemp about this kind of thing before.

Maybe imagine things differently if that helps you?

:messenger_winking_tongue:

I already had my discussion with Hostile in case you didn't notice. Never called him an Xbox faking to own a PS5. I genuinely think he was being given consoles that were turned in due to coil whine.

Honestly I believe that @Hostile_18 case is that they kept giving him used units. And I'm guessing those units were turned in due to coil whine.

Pretty interesting how you say those 6 PS5s don't have any coil whine. If the issue was extremely common you would have some with the issue.

The issue could only affect 10% of systems and Sony sold over 4 million if them. There's bound to be a ton of consoles out there that have the issue but it's nowhere near the majority.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
Holy.... We are actually doing this, for a demo?

Game releases in ~1 month so it's very close to the final code. Better representation of gameplay performance than photo mode...

The tools are down for maintenance.

795891.jpg

Elios83

An other confirmation that only IOInteractive got the magic tools with PS5 continuining to perform the same or slightly better in all the other native titles.

And to those stating that this is just a demo and it doesn't count....I totally expect them to keep the same attitude when the next RE8 demo is released and (huge) IF XSX ends up having a 59.8fps average vs the 59.2fps PS5 average :messenger_tears_of_joy: but probably that won't be necessary and they will continue to say that demos won't matter even then.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
I personally don't see any "lighting" differences this guy is mentioning. Both versions look like HDR isn't working (at least compared to the PC version). There is massive desaturation in the Xbox version. PS5 shows a little bit better saturated colors. Not sure what's going on there. Could be the recording software can't record HDR mode on the TV.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Ahh yes, I forgot a BC title from Ubisoft is the best way to show each of the consoles power.
The Xbox One, One S was an absolute beast vs the PS4 and Pro, havent you heard?

An other confirmation that only IOInteractive got the magic tools with PS5 continuining to perform the same or slightly better in all the other native titles.

And to those stating that this is just a demo and it doesn't count....I totally expect them to keep the same attitude when the next RE8 demo is released and (huge) IF XSX ends up having a 59.8fps average vs the 59.2fps PS5 average :messenger_tears_of_joy: but probably that won't be necessary and they will continue to say that demos won't matter even then.
Exactly.

Once again, something that has been used before for comparisons all of a sudden doesn't matter?

Its so confusing.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
What are those sad people talking about here? We know it's a demo of the "final game", they mostly use demos to stress-test servers. This is 99.99% final game. Take another L and deal with it, it's like 20+ streak so it's not a surprise.

sloth deal with it GIF
Just like Fenyx rising at launch was ?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Just like Fenyx rising at launch was ?

Even the latest one with the latest update didn't get 100% breakdown from neutral sources like VGTech. So we don't really know about if XSX has reached parity or not. DF is more generalizing and talking a lot than needed. VGTech shows side by side comparisons with zero comments on the video.

Well, this is the current state of the game, many were touting DX12 Ultimate that will make games have much more gains vs PS5's API, and here's reality again:

ps5vsxsxoutriders.png

huraga

Banned
lol a demo of a game that looks like it doesn't push the hardware at all.

PS5 got the demo that was further along.
The most funny is people talki

I think It´s mostly depends from the Engine. Some engines will work better on PS5 and others on SX.

Last edited:
Even the latest one with the latest update didn't get 100% breakdown from neutral sources like VGTech. So we don't really know about if XSX has reached parity or not. DF is more generalizing and talking a lot than needed. VGTech shows side by side comparisons with zero comments on the video.

Well, this is the current state of the game, many were touting DX12 Ultimate that will make games have much more gains vs PS5's API, and here's reality again:

ps5vsxsxoutriders.png

Locked 60 is the performance we expect with next generation gaming.

huraga

Banned

ps5vsxsxoutriders.png
It´s not the reality.

1. We don´t know if Series X has an issue with HDR for example, and really it looks like.
2. It´s not the final version with the final patch so we should wait for it, because maybe one version is more advanced than the other.
3. We are comparing this from a video from youtube with compresión and we don´t know how this new youtuber with only 3,5 subscribers made this.

As always, it is making a lot of noise without having enough arguments and what is worse, a demo.

Fans love making noise even without waiting for the final data and even if they have to lie.

As Gobbels said "a lie repeated a thousand times becomes true". That is the tactic of some fans.

Leyasu

Banned

ps5vsxsxoutriders.png

I doubt if anyone will go back and look again at Fenyx. The game is already discounted.

You can literally apply that to any game and accuse every comparison being null and void at launch.

My reply was more about saying that things are set from this demo. When obviously that is not the case. I am not accusing anyone of anything. Just using a bit of common sense.

XSX has since launch outperformed the PS5 in one (1) title - Hitman 3. You can blame tools or whatever but that is the verdict so far.

Well, but there is a trade of for that. Worse framerate.

Holy.... We are actually doing this, for a demo?

Well, there were demo comparisons in the past, even on Digital Foundry or NXGamer or VGTech

Another day, another case of Xbox unable to hold 60 fps

j5dARTQ.gif
Its a demo. Doesnt mean final game willl have same problem. Frame rate can easily be fixed based on feedback.

Non issue and most posts including yours is nothing but concern trolling.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Like it was mentioned, where was this energy with RE Village being used as the ultimate judge of PS5 performance. Gotta be more consistent, folks.

Well, but there is a trade of for that. Worse framerate.

Well, there were demo comparisons in the past, even on Digital Foundry or NXGamer or VGTech
Never heard of them.

I get it, this is someone we've never heard of. I haven't. But dont sit here and try to act like demos have never been used before in comparisons when the results dont go your way.

geordiemp

Tell that to your genius engineer buddy

Earns me a good living thanks. Maybe one day you will not have to serve at McDs ? I was taking the piss.

Do you and concern not get bored console warring and insulting others ?

Do you have jobs, kids to advise through life, more important things to do in your life ? Whatever, I am bored, enjoy your little war about subjects you dont have a clue what your talking about so all you can do is simple minded ad homenem, and cant even do that well.

I really dont miss this place.

Old Empire.

XSX has since launch outperformed the PS5 in one (1) title - Hitman 3. You can blame tools or whatever but that is the verdict so far.

BC is ofc better on the XSX since the PS5 is locked into emulating a PS4 Pro while XSX has hardware based back compat. I am not sure I should cry, laugh or start to call people idiots for bringing up BC titles at this point.
Untrue, DF confirmed Series graphics are superior to PS5 version for Cyberpunk. The series was 4K for Hitman- PS5 was not. Devil May Cry ran better on the Series X in three of the four performance/quality modes.

And of course the majority of upgraded games for next gen are better on the series.

The only game, i can think of right now, that PS5 had a slight advantage, in a parity game was Assassin creed Valhalla.

Never heard of them.

Never heard for Digital Foundry, NXgamer and VGTech? :messenger_beaming:

Untrue, DF confirmed Series graphics are superior to PS5 version for Cyberpunk. The series was 4K for Hitman- PS5 was not. Devil May Cry ran better on the Series X in three of the four performance/quality modes.

And of course the majority of upgraded games for next gen are better on the series.

The only game, i can think of right now, that PS5 had a slight advantage, in a parity game was Assassin creed Valhalla.

Looks like you've ignored what NXgamer said in one of the comparison regarding Cyberpunk on XSX. What's the point of so called "superior graphics" when it has worse performance :

QUOTE from 5:00

But overall the X1X is sub 30 to often. And PS4 Pro does dip, but it gets back to that 33 ms times quicker than X1X which consistently in the heavier just sits under it as you can see here. Now some of that is down to fact it runs at higher resolution on average, it is got the additional geometry, the lighting, the bloom, all of those areas pushed further out the lot, so it is drawing more characters, so it is just to high for the hardware, they need to just cut it back and generally this means that the performance on X1X is incosistent

Quote from 6:25

it is got a sharper image and it is got more detail but it comes at the cost of the performance and to me it is just not the right choice, they need to scale that back.

So, CDPR should scale down settings on X1X version and XSX will run it as good as PS5 like it is now

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned

Looks like Alzheimer to me. CoD, Fenix, Valhalla, DMC5 high framerate mode, Dirt 5, Cyberpunk after latest patch... Every game basically runs better on PS5. Selective memory I guess.

Only exception is basically Hitman 3, but since settings are better on PS4 Pro vs One X or Series S on that one, it's probably more due to dev choices and targets than anything else.

Last edited:

huraga

Banned

Looks like you've ignored what NXgamer said in one of the comparison regarding Cyberpunk on XSX. What's the point of so called "superior graphics" when it has worse performance :

So, CDPR should scale down settings on X1X version and XSX will run it as good as PS5 like it is now

I don´t believe that NXgamer would say something so absurd like that. PS5 version has the graphics of PS4 and it´s totally normal that it keeps 60 frames. 60 frames it´s great but 99,9% of the people in the world can´t notice the difference between 55 and 60 fps.

Concern

Earns me a good living thanks. Maybe one day you will not have to serve at McDs ? I was taking the piss.

Do you have jobs, kids to advise through life, more important things to do in your life ? Whatever, I am bored, enjoy your little war about subjects you dont have a clue what your talking about so all you can do is simple minded ad homenem, and cant even do that well.

Marine Life Reaction GIF by pikaole

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Old Empire.

There is a massive difference in the game image's quality and what's happening on screen.

In the same area on both consoles, The PS5 has no cars, lighting seems off, and the buildings graphics don't look next gen

4wrQffr.png

Top Bottom