• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders Demo - PS5 and Series X graphics and performance comparison

martino

4wrQffr.png

giphy.gif

There is a massive difference in the game image's quality and what's happening on screen.

In the same area on both consoles, The PS5 has no cars, lighting seems off, and the buildings graphics don't look next gen

4wrQffr.png
Cars are dynamic like time of day. In one scene can be more of them, in other scene less. Also, XSX version has worse average resolution than PS5.

Like NXG said, bunch of stuff must be scaled back on XSX to hit the stable performance. But if you enjoy seemingly worse framerate, suits yourself

Last edited:

Old Empire.

Cars are dynamic. In one scene can be more of them, in other scene less. Also, XSX version has worse average resolution than PS5.

Like NXG said, bunch of stuff must be scaled back on XSX to hit the stable performance. But if you enjoy seemingly worse framerate, suits yourself

DF confirmed the reality not make believe. Series version has a more dense city, with more cars, people and characters. NX gamer drove to that scene and the streets were lifeless on PS5. Of course you can hit 60 when you leaving stuff out.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

DF confirmed the reality not make believe. Series version has a more dense city, with more cars, people and characters. NX gamer drove to that scene and the streets were lifeless on PS5. Of course you can hit 60 when you leaving stuff out.
The Series version is the Xbox One (X) version, there is no native next gen version of Cyberpunk, it's literally a last gen BC game with the exception of a 60fps cap.
That isn't showing the power of any of the newer consoles, its a shitty, buggy mess that is just a BC game.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
While I completely agree with you, it's really kind of pointless for you and the rest of the Xbros to waste time debating this or any other game with the SonyBros. No matter what you or anyone says or shows they're just going to stick their fingers in their ears and go lalalalala, I can't hear you, PS5 wins. "pie_tears_joy:

DF confirmed the reality not make believe. Series is a more dense city, with more cars, people and characters. NX gamer drove to that scene and the streets were lifeless. Of course you can hit 60 when you leaving stuff out.

LOL. There is no native Series version. But of course we will talk about which version was showed in comparison video. NXGamer around 1:15 walked in some narrow street, both PS5 version and XSX have the same pedestrians density and guess what? XSX framerate tanked. But enjoy worse framerate.

Last edited:

Old Empire.

While I completely agree with you, it's really kind of pointless for you and the rest of the Xbros to waste time debating this or any other game with the SonyBros. No matter what you or anyone says or shows they're just going to stick their fingers in their ears and go lalalalala, I can't hear you, PS5 wins. "pie_tears_joy:
This is accurate, but they’re stretching the truth on a gaming forum. It wise for people to correct false facts, even when ignored! Some members would read the threads and believe the messages left the PS5 dominating the Series graphically and performance wise.

Old Empire.

The Series version is the Xbox One (X) version, there is no native next gen version of Cyberpunk, it's literally a last gen BC game with the exception of a 60fps cap.
That isn't showing the power of any of the newer consoles, its a shitty, buggy mess that is just a BC game.

Clearly that not the case, since NX gamer noticed the geometry and lighting in this scene after the updates looks superior on Series X. The pillar and roof are noticeable!

Why would that be the case, if nothing new happened?
cyberp.png

Mr Moose

Clearly that not the case, since NX gamer noticed the geometry and lighting in this scene after the updates looks superior on Series X. The pillar and roof are noticeable!

Why would that be the case, if nothing new happened?
cyberp.png
What are you talking about? That's the One X and Pro versions with 60fps cap, it's literally a BC game, I own it and it says PS4 and is installed on an external HDD, something you can't do with PS5 games. There is no next gen version of Cyberpunk and using it as a dick measuring contest for either team is silly. BC is BC.

. It wise for people to correct false facts, even when ignored! Some members would read the threads and believe the messages left the PS5 dominating the Series graphically and performance wise.

Yeah, you're doing that. XBone versions needs to be scale back in order to XSX run this game in decent fps like PS5

Knock, knock, look what our fellow analyst NXG says here

QUOTE from 5:00

But overall the X1X is sub 30 to often. And PS4 Pro does dip, but it gets back to that 33 ms times quicker than X1X which consistently in the heavier just sits under it as you can see here. Now some of that is down to fact it runs at higher resolution on average, it is got the additional geometry, the lighting, the bloom, all of those areas pushed further out the lot, so it is drawing more characters, so it is just to high for the hardware, they need to just cut it back and generally this means that the performance on X1X is incosistent

Quote from 6:25

it is got a sharper image and it is got more detail but it comes at the cost of the performance and to me it is just not the right choice, they need to scale that back.

Last edited:
I tell you a secret: Cyberpunk on ps5 and series X runs via BC on both console. They just unlocked the FPS.
No they already patched the next gen version on Series S and X. They unlocked the FPS yes but also they added different resolutions, better settings, better textures with new models (like the pilars), new animations (like animated trees), improved crowds etc. What more do you want?

On PS5 it's 100% the Pro version with an uncapped framerate because they can only do this with BC mode.

Last edited:

Old Empire.

I tell you a secret: Cyberpunk on ps5 and series X runs via BC on both console. They just unlocked the FPS.
That now how things work. Clearly there different versions of the same game, since the Series version, has more cars, population density, better distance lighting, even visually in many places, the scenes are way better. compared to the same area on PS5. So the Series obviously has more headroom here. Since it be easier for devs to increase car density and population on PS5 with updates and has not happened.

Nxgamer even noticed changes after the updates lighting and graphic improvements on the Series, clearly missing on the PS5.

I not sure what the company can do to make it look much better, if the game suffering already. The game was started with last gen in mind, and take lot of work to rebuild the game to make run and look totally different.

Another week, another new low for NeoGAF's fanboys :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's a demo, not final code and the "analysis" comes from a random YouTube site.

Be less desperate, please, have some dignity.

I'm waiting for the definitive view from King Thrash.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

That now how things work. Clearly there different versions of the same game, since the Series version, has more cars, population density, better distance lighting, even visually in many places, the scenes are way better. compared to the same area on PS5. So the Series obviously has more headroom here. Since it be easier for devs to increase car density and population on PS5 with updates and has not happened.

Nxgamer even noticed changes after the updates lighting and graphic improvements on the Series, clearly missing on the PS5.

I not sure what the company can do to make it look much better, if the game suffering already. The game was started with last gen in mind, and take lot of work to rebuild the game to make run and look totally different.
BC.jpg

Old Empire.

Cyberpunk, night city is also set in stone. Next gen versions will be touch up and of course it be nicer palette. People expecting something different entirely to what they see now will be disappointed ! I only expect the power of new console to show, when devs leave last gen behind and build a entire game with the new specs in mind.

Battlefield six supposedly a true next gen game? We see what it looks when it is shown off!

My reply was more about saying that things are set from this demo. When obviously that is not the case. I am not accusing anyone of anything. Just using a bit of common sense.

It really depends on how recent the build is. If it's an extremely old one then there can be plenty of changes. If it's more recent than the chances of any changes at launch are even less.

Maybe it's the same at launch maybe it isn't. We have to wait and see what happens.

But whatever it's like at launch is perfectly valid because that's what people will experience. You can always say the comparison is void because the game will be very different in 6 months but that's not what people will experience at launch.

Old Empire.

I/O issues again?
Doubtful since it should happen very often in every game. The fact Hitman runs 4k native, at 99.99 percent of the time at a locked 60fps is plenty of evidence the console not broken. Some devs are just unfamiliar with how to unlock the full power on Series X or worse case scenario they gave more priority to Sony console. It can happen both ways too, Xbox receives more dev time. You have to look at each studio individually and there teams.

I don't do that unless you want me to pretend that the PS5 wins every comparison.

Most of them are ties in my opinion. There's very few comparisons where one system is significantly ahead of the other.

People are really just fighting over miniscule differences.

Doubtful since it should happen very often in every game. The fact Hitman runs 4k native, at 99.99 percent of the time at a locked 60fps is plenty of evidence the console not broken. Some devs are just unfamiliar with how to unlock the full power on Series X or worse case scenario they gave more priority to Sony console. It can happen both ways too, Xbox receives more dev time. You have to look at each studio individually and there teams.

Or maybe just accept that the two systems are really close?

bender

What time is it?
Suck it down, Xbots! We win again! We won! We are winners! We can't stop winning! What did we win again?

Oh

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
XSX has since launch outperformed the PS5 in one (1) title - Hitman 3. You can blame tools or whatever but that is the verdict so far.
A game where it is impossible to compare the two version due to the setting the hitting the top of the frame rate limit. Almost like the devs didn't want the Ps5 version to compete...

Old Empire.

Or maybe just accept that the two systems are really close?
I agree with this position, so far not really turning out to be Xbox One and PS4 comparison battle.. Last gen you could see plainly the differences for years where the PS4 had the better resolution, even in some cases, better graphics and frame rate.

This early and only a few months into launch, resolution not really the issue, the settings seem to be different on both consoles, with PS5 having a better frame rate because of it. Other places there parity, but PS5 has a slight frame rate advantage.

Coming from the PC world and build my own, I don’t see any good reason the PS5 be beating the Series when the specs for the CPU and GPU are better on the Xbox. A weaker spec never surpasses the better spec for gaming, so there something else at play here that providing the PS5 a few wins at the beginning. It early launch and expect more devs will harness the power like the devs for Hitman did and PS5 clearly was behind there in resolution and some graphic settings.

Maybe the leap will not be large, we'll find out..

Xbox should still pull ahead next year wit next gen games, does not, something off about the Series X and explantations will be asked for!

Amiga

Another day, another case of Xbox unable to hold 60 fps

j5dARTQ.gif

called this last July..
on the contrary the PS5 will be more capable in a technical level. their will be game designs that won't run on XS. but the games that stick to traditional designs will most lily look better on the XS.

PS5 could also have better frame-rates because of the high speed of everything SSD/IO/GPU clock. the lower CU count actually pushes developers towards this.

Old Empire.

called this last July..
Amiga.

Hitman is a CPU heavy game. Lots of NPCs in some scenes. Evidence exists already Series is fully capable and not bottlenecked.

Based on what we saw there, the PS5 is PS4 pro level. Series is XB one X level.

Its a 1 to 2 teraflop difference roughly the same as the PS4 pro (4 teraflops) and XB one X (6 teraflops) the gap was slight increase in resolution, last gen.

IO Interactive used the power in both machines and we saw the result.

There some additional features in RDNA2 that are not fully utilised yet, but even if they're missing from the PS5 gpu, it unlikely we see the gap widening that much. Devs have already said frame rate is biggest change this gen, that will happen. We see that with 120 fps multiplayer and bigger team matches. There lot of rumor about 124 players matches in BF6?

Last edited:
Coming from the PC world and build my own, I don’t see any good reason the PS5 be beating the Series when the specs for the CPU and GPU are better on the Xbox. A weaker spec never surpasses the better spec for gaming, so there something else at play here that providing the PS5 a few wins at the beginning.

There's always the possibility that you really don't understand the differences in specifications. Seems like many people are struggling to understand how the PS5 works and I don't blame them since the console does have an unusual design for a console.

Old Empire.

There's always the possibility that you really don't understand the differences in specifications. Seems like many people are struggling to understand how the PS5 works and I don't blame them since the console does have an unusual design for a console.

Hitman is plenty of evidence, for me, my understanding is correct. Hitting 4K native is more demanding, and that was achieved on Series X,. If the PS5 could hit 4K native they would have done it.

Last edited:

huraga

Banned
I think a lot of people have been carried away by sony marketing as well as having a lot of imagination. They want to think that Sony has invented an alien technology that makes its system ultra-powerful, and also that Mark Cerny has done all that. In the end it is nothing more than an AMD APU like the Series X one, with some modifications.
The funniest thing is that they think Sony is capable of this when they have no experience of either making GPUs and CPUs. They even believe that they are capable of doing things that AMD would not be.
This is all part of the fan and marketing phenomenon.

Last edited:

huraga

Banned
Hitman is plenty of evidence, for me, my understanding is correct. Hitting 4K native is more demanding, and that was achieved on Series X,. If the PS5 could hit 4K native they would have done it.
No worries, will come more games and I´m pretty sure that Hitman 3 won´t be the last with better performance on SX.

Even about Outriders (game with older gen graphics) till the profresional comparisons with the lastest patches we won´t know who will win. Let them enjoy comparing a demo that doesn't prove anything.

I think a lot of people have been carried away by sony marketing as well as having a lot of imagination. They want to think that Sony has invented an alien technology that makes its system ultra-powerful, and also that Mark Cerny has done all that. In the end it is nothing more than an AMD APU like the Series X one, with some modifications.
The funniest thing is that they think Sony is capable of this when they have no experience of either making GPUs and CPUs. They even believe that they are capable of doing things that AMD would not be.
This is all part of the fan and marketing phenomenon.

Well Sony wasn't the one to market their system as being the most powerful. Nor did they brag about having the superior versions of games. I think due to all the FUD people's expectations for the PS5 were extremely low. Seeing it being on par with the most powerful system is nice to see. Nobody wanted it to be underpowered and the games are showing that it's a pretty capable console.

Mr Moose

I think it's the other way around. New engines will work better with Series X and old engines with PS5.

In fact all the games launched till now are using old engines.
We've seen a next gen engine demo running on PS5, and it looked great (Unreal 5).
Is Glacier Engine II a next gen engine? :pie_thinking:
Edit: I checked, it is not.

Last edited:
Coming from the PC world and build my own, I don’t see any good reason the PS5 be beating the Series when the specs for the CPU and GPU are better on the Xbox.

CPU difference is meaningless between the two, PS5 GPU has other advantages over XSX GPU. You're clueless. And stay like that! PERIOD!

Hitman is a CPU heavy game. Lots of NPCs in some scenes. Evidence exists already Series is fully capable and not bottlenecked.

CPU heavy game you say. And XSX is fully capable. So, why XSX version is performing worse in Hitman 3. LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom