• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion: 6 Months Later - The Phil Spencer Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never get tired of posting this videogamer.com snippet.

It's the first and last thing to come to my mind when I hear the name of Phil Spencer.

That said, did someone keep a backup of the OP? You know, for those that came late into the thread like me?

Sure, here's the original image:

phil_spencer_effectxlkhf.png

It's not positive that there are a ton of updates, it's a positive that they are pretty good updates. PS3 updates barely added any features ever, just small fixes here and there that don't even affect the majority of the users. You rarely looked forward to PS3 updates.

Thats a fair point, so I won't argue with it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have not stared at a gaf topic in disbelief in quite a while. That ended today. Good fucking lord.

OP needs to be mod-edited back to its original form.

This thread is quite something, so many funny reactions:p

That Op and those reddit posts though, is OP a subtlety impaired astro turfer, a religious fan of corporate personalities or a genius who knows how to entertain?
If you are a marketer I hope you get paid more than 3cpm for this OP

fedexpeon

Banned
And also this (although I'm sad that NeoGAF didn't get a mention for its appreciation of the faceless heroes):

g4aJX9k.jpg

Oh god...I have goosebumps because it is so bad. Really? Larry the Cable Guy, Yusuf the bad PR, and Albert the Liar/UK=EU?
I like the X1+Kinect, and support it for its fitness program...Heck, I posted a lot that the X1 is always better with the Kinect if you are looking to buy a X1.
But man, this infograph is so dumb...applauding for guys that don't know gaming or its audience, and for the workers that SHOULD be doing their job?
Should I go up to my financial advisor and tell him good job for not effing up my investment without my consent?
Seriously...They aren't working harder because they are listening to us. They want that extra income/bonus, and that job security for completing their project milestones.

Edit:
[[–]k3rn3ll 1 point 3 months ago

This! Also, shout out to the people who run Xbox Live Command Center in Redmond 24/7.

[–]dottedquad 28 points 5 months ago

I've really warmed to Phil. He may look like a private banker who just got his bonus, but in every interview, he comes across as gracious (when it comes to competitors), humble and, most importantly, passionate.

Geezus...Talk about brand loyalty.
I wonder if these people on reddit still believe that getting rid of the Kinect was a sacrilege to their X1 experience.

Percy

Banned
"Only on Xbox One & PC"

lol... why not just list the actual 'exclusives' to Xbox One if that is supposed to be the point there. Listing stuff I can get elsewhere seems a bit pointless.

Man...

I'd love to believe a lot of this stuff is meant to be tongue in cheek, but it really isn't is it?

RayMaker

Banned
[QUOTE
[/QUOTE]

That looks a good piece of work OP.

Which all seems pretty factual, Phil Spencer / Microsoft have certainly turned the X1 around.

I cant understand why anyone would argue with that.

If you think that the money could have gone to fund game development, then yes?

Throw Shuhei Yoshida in there as well. I think there's too much exec worship floating around.
I know Cerny was on contract.

It's okay to like these people but seriously, they're just people.

Contrary to both Phil and Yoshida, Cerny is not an exec...He is a game designer and hardware-software expert.

Also this thread...shakes head...

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Which all seems pretty factual, Phil Spencer / Microsoft have certainly turned the X1 around.
The only turnaround that matches the Xbox one is the Luigi Death Stare genius. The OP sums it up best what Xbox does right in his infographic.

One small detail: for the first time ever in a Media Briefing at E3, the leader of the Briefing - here: Phil - is not standing "above" the viewers on a pedestal. Instead, Phil is presenting the whole show directly in front of invited Xbox fans, standing about 5 metres directly in front of them. I think people call this symbolism.

.Honestly, with Forza Horizon 2 seemingly turning out to be a serious killer app (and being one of the best looking games for XB1/PS4), Sunset overdrive and Master Chief collection on the horizon, not to mention all the constant updates, Xbox One is seriously looking good in my opinion

And what will you be buying between now and November 2015? PS4 took a kicking for their release schedule this past year, but what is xbone going to be offering for the nine months after Christmas?

RayMaker

Banned
Probably didn't have to pay him $3 for it either.

I know I'am lucky arnt I

here

People looking to upgrade to next gen to get evolve,AC:unity COD:advanced etc this fall, might get a PS4 because it has drive club.

Drive club could be the deciding factor, it is a system seller!!!!!!!

Maybe sony will give $3 as well now? lol

I know I'am lucky arnt I

here

People looking to upgrade to next gen to get evolve,AC:unity COD:advanced etc this fall, might get a PS4 because it has drive club.

Drive club could be the deciding factor, it is a system seller!!!!!!!

Maybe sony will give $3 as well now? lol
Hit a nerve did I?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This is a PR employee trying to change the sentiment on social networks, right?
Not necessarily. He is just an excited German that likes Photoshop whose friends all play on Xbox instead of PC and PlayStation.

Think of him as Asterix, but instead of magic potions he uses Photoshop which allows him to resist the Roman occupation.

Hindle

Banned
He seems to realise the problems the X1 is/was facing and he's reacted. Securing big 3rd party exclusives and making major acquisitions shows he knows what he is doing.

He needs to continue to do those things as well.

Sure, here's the original image:

A big picture of a glistening Lord Spencer all covered in white squiggly lines.

That is awesome. Thanks for keeping.

The second best part was scrolling down RayMaker's post thinking I bet even he's going to cuss it!.

That looks a good piece of work OP.

I cant understand why anyone would argue with that.

oh my lol

RayMaker

Banned
A big picture of a glistening Lord Spencer all covered in white squiggly lines.

That is awesome. Thanks for keeping.

The second best part was scrolling down RayMaker's post thinking I bet even he's going to cuss it!.

oh my lol

What so your saying Phil has not been good for xbox one and done none of those things? I dont get it?

Then there would have been no need to delete the post your tag initially pointed to eh?

How you figure that, that titanfall post is well old now, I thought deleting the post is what maybe the mods wanted, and then they would remove the tag, which completely backfired on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom