• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion: 6 Months Later - The Phil Spencer Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
1307.gif

Seen more rampant worship of Sony execs/devs with crazy effort gifs but this is somehow upsetting.

ymmv

Banned
Is this real? Is there a thank you mega corporation section at the Hallmark store now?

I don't understand

Companies are not just persons, they're our friends. They really are. I always got a nice present from MS on every birthday, didn't you?

lO4T4.png

when i first heard about the tomb raider deal i went "oh man, all microsoft guys are the same". then they said its timed so i went "okay maybe this ones not as bad after all"

Alucrid

Banned
it's pretty crazy that in one month phil spencer was able to put together an entire plan to bring the xboxone to the chinese market

and at the same time in three months bring about all the content we would see at e3 2014

Companies are not just persons, they're our friends. They really are. I always got a nice present from MS on every birthday, didn't you? [/IMG]

I remember those. It was at least something, but then they apparently transitioned to this shit, which was mildly insulting. I'm assuming they were counting on people like the OP to actually do all the work.

But maybe this is what people call symbolism.

Q8LOLxI.jpg

In the last 6 months MS had done a better job rebranding Phil Spencer then they have with the Xbox One.

This.

I will say, the cult of personailty this whole forum has with Exectutives has always bugged me whether Gabe, Yoshia, Iwata, Cerny, Spencer or reggie.

Strange strange culture. I thought it just light hearted and funny at first but some of you motherfuckers are deadly serious.

Prine

Banned
1)Or they can outsource the other versions... like they always do.
2) MS always collaborate with 3rd parties, at least for big games, and we've seen it in Destiny and Diablo 3. So exclusive or not, it will not change that.

There's still time and energy and resource which has been completely lifted. Bonus. While they have collaborated in the past with 3rd partied, there's a greater level of support as we've seen in the past with Respawn. I'm hoping for the same here.

Mugatu

He's just a less creepy face pushed out to the public

End of the day it's still Microsoft (tomb Raider deal, ect ect)

No, it's not. The heads of divisions in most companies have a huge amount of influence and power.

And making exclusive deals might not make you happy but it's regular business, nothing exclusive about it to MS or anyone else.

Irnbru

Jesus christ, the inanity. Not only that, but please tell me you guys are getting paid for this. PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE GETTING PAID FOR THIS.

Yeah, these green infographics or whatever are pretty sad.

What's even funnier is that on reddit the poster defended using the awful color scheme because that's what it mentions in this [advertising/branding] website:

http://www.buyxboxoneuk.com/xbox-one-news-page/35-xbox-one-branding-and-font/35-xbox-one-branding-and-font.html

holy shit, is this OP's work too ?]

Yep, a true thing of beauty. I still can't get over faceless heroes.

klodeckel

Banned
What's even funnier is that on reddit the poster defended using the awful color scheme because that's what it mentions in this [advertising/branding] website:

http://www.buyxboxoneuk.com/xbox-one-news-page/35-xbox-one-branding-and-font/35-xbox-one-branding-and-font.html

Yep, a true thing of beauty. I still can't get over faceless heroes.

As I stated before, just having some fun in creating things :) It is funny that you only mention the obviously hyperbole gfx I did, rather than also the useful ones like this or this.
Also, I did not "defend" myself. Why are you lying? I don't need to defend myself. I just gave someone an explanation to someone on why I chose the colors I did.

RoKKeR

Oy, this thread. How the OP thought for a second that was a good idea is beyond me. But hey, we got that Shu image out of it was a net gain in the end!

Nzyme32

Companies are not just persons, they're our friends. They really are. I always got a nice present from MS on every birthday, didn't you?

lO4T4.png

I bought both original Xbox and 360 at launch as well as joined Xbox Live when it launched. Received none of the extra reward points or the anniversary xbox stuff because the UK doesn't count apparently!

Uh...Spencer seems like a cool dude, but man...those images. Good work I guess? I mean, if you completely disregard how weird and cringey they sound, they look well made.

He seems to realise the problems the X1 is/was facing and he's reacted. Securing big 3rd party exclusives and making major acquisitions shows he knows what he is doing.

He needs to continue to do those things as well.

Everybody realized the problems the console had(s?) faced, and securing big third party exclusives has been a MS signature move for the last decade or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom