• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXGamer/IGN Far Cry 6 console vs PC analysis

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Both situations where you are less than 3 feet aways from your screen I suspect ? They should give the option at least to turn off because it's getting less and less useful for the typical tv distance (not close to your desk) at this resolution nonetheless and impact sharpness of the higher res
I am using my monitor / tv at a desk.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Do not start this crap, against and V. Understand a game with DRS is going to be based on counts you get when grabbing a still and then counting in. Frame-rate is the same and I can vouch for my tool being accurate and I have no doubts that VG Tech's is also very accurate. Having multiple sources is the best for all as it can expand on the sample sizes to gather more info, VG Tech Only does FPS and Pixel Counts so He/She has far less work to create a video and here far less versions.

Time is vital for me and when you are covering 9 versions within a 3-4 day window as an aside to full time work, well then you have to limit your scope to get the thing delivered.

Coming here and always seeing these kind of comments does piss me off and I may just stop dropping in as the threads never discuss the tech, info or anything meaningful they just come down to console wars, who is "BEST" and them versus them etc etc bollocks and it is very boring and not worth the time.

Confirmation bias is a powerful thing to some folks, don't let it get you down.

DF has a lot to answer for in terms of making technical analysis into a competitive thing in my view. That your work is more appreciative of technique and holistic result ("quality per pixel") than most other analysts is why I consider it to be the best.

The sad truth is you give platform zealots simple, easily digestible (and comparable) metrics and they'll turn it into a game of Top Trumps!

Romulus

This game looks like Far Cry for the last 10 years. The character models are awful and the RT is weak as well. Not far from a hi-resolution 360 game to me in most scenes. I'm guessing the next game is getting that complete ground-up overhaul for a reason.

Last edited:
They need to start dropping AA (off) on consoles now that the resolution goal is always 4K . It just blurs thing while 4k pretty much show no jagged edges specially in motion for what I've seen so far on PC personally turning it always off since I play in that resolution. Makes things very nice and crisp. Screenshot at high setting, compressed 3mb but AA off:

HRL8aCf.jpg
Lol i turned AA off and it's Jaggy City. Looks x10 worse and I'm gaming on an ultrawide monitor.
Looks nothing like the above screenshot.
An RTX3080 should be more than enough to put out graphics like that above but my game looks nothing like that ^^^ with everything turned up to max.

MikeM

Do not start this crap, against and V. Understand a game with DRS is going to be based on counts you get when grabbing a still and then counting in. Frame-rate is the same and I can vouch for my tool being accurate and I have no doubts that VG Tech's is also very accurate. Having multiple sources is the best for all as it can expand on the sample sizes to gather more info, VG Tech Only does FPS and Pixel Counts so He/She has far less work to create a video and here far less versions.

Time is vital for me and when you are covering 9 versions within a 3-4 day window as an aside to full time work, well then you have to limit your scope to get the thing delivered.

Coming here and always seeing these kind of comments does piss me off and I may just stop dropping in as the threads never discuss the tech, info or anything meaningful they just come down to console wars, who is "BEST" and them versus them etc etc bollocks and it is very boring and not worth the time.

Love your work man. Keep it up and ignore the haters. Any chance of branching out into a sound analysis between Series X and PS5/3D Audio? I hear a difference but i’m not sure if its a placebo effect.
Pretty impressive that both higher end consoles are working at a 2070 level, considering gpu pricing right now.
These consoles are awesome. The fact that we currently get 120fps gaming bodes well for this gen’s performance.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
It would make sense to include pixels counts and the there corisponding image of at least 100 different images and then create an average pixel count of all versions.
Its a shame theres not a software program that could do this, because this would provide some hard data and not just someone saying something on a video.

MikeM MikeM

These consoles are awesome. The fact that we currently get 120fps gaming bodes well for this gen’s performance.

Yes the consoles are awesome, but I hope we see some games soon which doing something beyond just higher framerates and more geometry and more effects. Dont get me wrong I like all this stuff in games blike returnal and rift apart, but they dont feel like something that would be vastly comprimised on last gen hardware.

Last edited:
Top Bottom