• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] AC: Valhalla - XsX vs PS5 - The first REAL head to head battle.

Nah 1 win for XSX (a clear win with DMC), and a draw for both with Valhalla.

Right off to actually play the game, have fun children.

Clear win? By whose standard? DF? :messenger_grinning_squinting: Last I checked the horsepower mode was a very lopsided win for PS5.... on a early build™ PS5 version too. Somehow, in the less damanding modes it wasn't about optimization.... :messenger_grinning_smiling:.....when we have bangers on PS5 like Spider-man Miles Morales or Demon Souls pumping much more iron. You could fit full games within those gaps at the 120 fps mode. You think they couldn't iron the other modes out with a patch on PS5?

Have fun.

Last edited:

timmyp53

IpDAgCi.gif

THEAP99

Banned

You were saying?

Sony are one of the few companies that gets away with it. That you even haven't heard about it proves it. No one gives a fuck about it when it's ps exclusives.

"no one guys a fuck about it when it's ps exclusives"

my guy days gone was slammed by critics and bugs was one of them. tlou2, u4and god of war are overall polished experiences. every gameplay i've seen of ac valhalla looks jank as fuck and is low-bar.

sony are on a different level which their marquee titles.

Last edited:

Stuart360

The screen tearing is just because there is no VSYNC on Xbox.

You will need VRR if you are lucky to have a TV that support it.
No its not. There would be constant teaeing if there s no vsync, even at 60fps. There would be a constant tear accross the screen even if it was locked 60fps, if vsync was turned off.
Its dynamic vsync, NXGaemer even says it in the video.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I don't have a narrative. It was a weak analysis. Played only the intro, had no analysis outside of framerate and a small sampling of pixel counting.
He did show average frame rates, something ppl were asking for.

In the end, its not enough ammo for the console warriors. Its literally itsfuckingnothing.gif.

No wonder some ppl started to back track on the Series X power....

Have to say, after ALL the PS5 is weak FUD, I'm impressed.

Seems like for right now the first party games will be where the biggest differences will be. Maybe.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I wouldn't worry so much about loading times. A dev at RAD tools talked about how the I/O optimisation will take a while to catch up to take advantage of the new dedicated decompression blocks, so right now we are not even seeing what the real speed of these consoles is.

This. If you look at Miles Morales loading in pretty close to a finger snap, as well as the similar first party performance all around, it’s clear that the data magic here is something that needs to be developed with an eye towards, not just taking your last gen game and bumping it up.

Some true next-gen third party games will be illuminating here.

ethomaz

Banned
No its not. There would be constant teaeing if there s no vsync, even at 60fps. There would be a constant tear accross the screen even if it was locked 60fps, if vsync was turned off.
Its dynamic vsync, NXGaemer even says it in the video.
If you have constant 60fps without any drop you have no tearing no matter what... no need VSYNC.

JonkyDonk

The power narrative was always so stupid to latch on to. If you want power, if you want no compromises, then go buy an expensive PC. That's always the answer. Consoles can only be so powerful, especially when they are released at the same time, priced the same and using similar wattage.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
"no one guys a fuck about it when it's ps exclusives"

my guy days gone was slammed by critics and bugs was one of them. tlou2, u4and god of war are overall polished experiences. every gameplay i've seen of ac valhalla looks jank as fuck and is low-bar.

sony are on a different level which their marquee titles.

I was actually surprised that Days Gone got slammed. The first evidence that Sony ain't 100 percent immortal.

But the other videos shows that there's plenty of bugs in the majority of sonys games as well, and was for debunking the "everyone would yell if there were bugs in sonys games".

Guess what, there's plenty, and no one gives a fuck (besides days gone. That game must have been a train wreck for not getting a free pass).

Last edited:
Its a fake video, probably the PC version subsituted for the PS5. The XSX version isnt even the final code, hense why there was no wake from the boat.
Do you honestly think this unknown Youtuber somehow managed to get their hands on a PS5 copy, or PS5 footage, 2 days before anyone else?.
That's why it was cropped, and dude didn't think anyone would notice it's not from video in OP.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I'm honestly really surprised at how close they are.
Not sure why. Multiplatform games cater to the lowest common denominator. It's why some of us have been saying not to expect anything outside of slight framerate/resolution/load time differences in 99% of games.

60>59.9

massive gap

So yes, Xbox performs slightly better. I didn't say it was massive, that was all you.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
lol thats not true at all. You would get 1 tear constantly at a locked 60fps, if vsync was turned off. I have been PC gaming for 20 years.
That doesn’t make much sense but I will believe you... I have no PC to test that.
Maybe one day I remember it and do a test... it seems interesting.

Top Bottom