• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] AC: Valhalla - XsX vs PS5 - The first REAL head to head battle.

Redlancet

Banned
- Both are quite good at keeping 60FPS (in the area he tested)
- PS5 is vsynced, XSX is not
- Denamic res on both with ~1440p as the lowest limit (seen on XSX)
- PS5 loads 12% faster LOL Power of the SSD

So far differences between consoles are minimal, certainly not ~20%. WDL will be interesting.
not only minimal but also in favour of ps5, its funny after all the fuss and chest beating

-Arcadia-

Banned
Maybe we’re not far enough into the gen yet, and I have doubts about NX Gamer, based on the types of people (the kind that like picking up swords and shields for their brand) that recommend him while trashing DF (need to watch more), but I’ve been pretty impressed about how well PS5 has held up.

If one frame differences and 5-8 ones (in a 120 FPS mode) are going to be the story here, it may be that 12 TF didn’t tell all of it, after all.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
teraflops.jpg

All those extra FLOPS are really showing here.
All that 2X SSD speed and Cerny IO really showing here.

Screenshot-20201112-203116.png

Edgelord79

Gold Member
VRR will be a big deal for Ubisoft games I feel.

I have been playing Valhalla on the Series X and can confirm what video says. Some screen tearing, frame rate drops in areas with extreme vegetation and lighting.

Doubt this has anything to do with the console's ability and more to do with the difficulty in developing for it and Ubisoft's track record for optimization.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
- PS5 loads 12% faster LOL Power of the SSD

Tbh it seems a bit off with exactly this game. Its the only game that's so different regarding g load times. In the other thread there's some games that turns a few seconds to PS5s favor and vice versa.

Could be something about ac contacting overloaded ubi servers or something?

MCplayer

Very interesting indeed he didnt go into much detail but what i can gather this is where it gets interesting

Xsx - has screen tearing compared to ps5

Ps5 has a slight advantage to loading compared to xsx

Xsx and ps5 and heres the wacky part xsx can maintain a slight higher rez but can drop as low as 1440p where ps5 holds higher then 1440p
no you guys are missing something about the XSX going for the 1440p, these comparisons apart from the cutscenes aren't the same, diferent things happen during the gameplay shown, so PS5 could also drop to 1440p if the gameplay was exactly the same as XSX

Last edited:
Maybe we’re not far enough into the gen yet, and I have doubts about NX Gamer, based on the types of people (the kind that like picking up swords and shields for their brand) that recommend him while trashing DF (need to watch more), but I’ve been pretty impressed about how well PS5 has held up.

If one frame differences and 5-8 ones (in a 120 FPS mode) are going to be the story here, it may be that 12 TF didn’t tell all of it, after all.

I've been saying this since the beginning. 10.3 does 85 percent of what 12.15 does. On top of that floating point operations isn't all a gpu does.... its. A big part but being otherwise the same a higher clock increases fill rate and non workload tasks.... not enough to "make up" for something but its other unrelated tasks that happen faster . If 100 percent of frame rate was dependent on floating point operations you'd be looking at 60fps on ps5 and like high 60s on the xbox and in some titles you maybe could see that but since fill rate etc are factored in... maybe expect closer to 5fps difference max unless the titles are optimized for one or the other .

Lol it’s almost like people really took their preferred console’s marketing way too seriously 😁. A frame difference for the “MoSt PoWeRfUl” console and a 12% difference for the “BFSSD”.

That aside, once things are more optimized I’m curious of the differences.

Stuart360

The fact PS5 uses VSYNC already tell you PS5 is doing more GPU processing to delivery the same thing than Xbox without tearing.
It does use Vsync on XSX, just adaptive. Probably 2 seperate teams doing both ports. The framerate graph shows the game is 60fps at most times so doesnt really matter.

Last edited:
Such a pity he doesn't show initial loading times. They're less than half on PS5 indeed.

isn’t that because PS5 skips the splash logos tho? Or am I wrong?

Xsx dropping to 1440p vs ps5 dropping to 1640p .that gpu difference is really showing here👀 😅

He did say the PS5 probably drops to 1440p too but he just didn’t count it in this coverage

Edgelord79

Gold Member
shocking. how can the 9 TF RDNA 1.5 console match the WORLDS MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE?

12 TERAFLOPS FULL RDNA 2 CONSTANT FULL CLOCKS = 9 TFLOP downclocking RDNA 1.5

or perhaps the PS5 is actually just as powerful
It's not. It's just math.

However there is more than just power involved in developing games. PlayStation has been touted as having an easier development kit and this is pretty huge. What it gives up in power, it makes up in efficiencies.

kyliethicc

dont worry xbox will have some too
*coming soon in a patch after next E3
It's not. It's just math.

However there is more than just power involved in developing games. PlayStation has been touted as having an easier development kit and this is pretty huge. What it gives up in power, it makes up in efficiencies.
nope. 1 PS5 TFLOP > 1 XSX TFLOP

they're different custom architectures. And per FLOP, PS5 is clearly more powerful. Just look at the results

Last edited:
Top Bottom