• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia bans HardwareUnboxed from receiving review samples

longdi

Banned
I like to support the little guys and girls.

But HWU is hardly the little girls here.
They had a personal agenda to push Amd hardware. Ryzen and Big Navi2, clear as day
Got called out
Cried over the internet, caused it is where all the whiteknights reside
Know that this ploy will 90% work in favor of them
Boom, Nvidia had to give in. HWU proudly publish Nvidia private 'apology' (scummy move btw, may cause Nvidia guy his job), traffic to their site increases. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

If you are seriously triggered by any of those things then it only shows how excessively personal you guys are taking this, and that's pretty shocking by itself. Downplaying the top 200 games released the same year as this GPU is delusional. As for their own fans asking for more emphasis:

GUWQnkj.png

And I honestly can't believe the hybrid car comparison is still being made when they include it in every review and have entire standalone videos dedicated to ray tracing. "That's pretty much what happened" is just straight up :messenger_grinning_smiling:

So if HWUB is not interested in RT, nor is their user base (even though HWUB answered to their (many) users as they even said, why would Nvidia not give exposure to another YouTuber for better day 1 exposure? Even HWUB says they don’t need them.

Covering RT of individual cards days/weeks later does not matter as much as you think. Day 1 content is where it’s at, and the card’s review. On top of that, if you don’t even include the competition, isn’t that a big blowjob to just Nvidia? I don’t think anyone really cares about that. Throwing softballs and evaluating a new competitor in the RT arena by showcasing performances with Dirt 5, broken Watch dog and Shadow of the tomb raider, is sending the message that these cards are competitive to Nvidia’s in RT.

Correct information still matters too. If you’re not satisfied by just giving benchmark results, like almost every reviewers, and you go the extra length to add false information into the mix, over multiple reviews, either by ignorance or by not caring to dig deeper and back your claims, don’t expect me to care about your journalism independence/integrity and shed a tear over YouTube drama.

Last edited:
If you are seriously triggered by any of those things then it only shows how excessively personal you guys are taking this, and that's pretty shocking by itself. Downplaying the top 200 games released the same year as this GPU is delusional. As for their own fans asking for more emphasis:

GUWQnkj.png

And I honestly can't believe the hybrid car comparison is still being made when they include it in every review and have entire standalone videos dedicated to ray tracing. "That's pretty much what happened" is just straight up :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I dont think anyone's "triggered" by it. But all those points show incompetence and heavy bias. A lot of those points show Steve has no idea what he's talking about for the most part. I mean, these guys are youtubers that are benchmarking games and making graphs about it, they're not "experts" in anything by any stretch of the imagination. But the incorrect claims and conclusions he makes are a bit too far in the incompetence scale.

Going by the pics you posted, yes, rasterization has the most votes. But almost a quarter of his audience wants RT. Do you want to imply that if 1 in 4 members of your audience wants something is that somehow a small percentage ? This result in their inquiry actually show theres a massive request for RT. My takeaway from this would have been to double down my efforts for RT coverage. A quarter of my audience being interested is a big chunck, its not 3%.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Going by the pics you posted, yes, rasterization has the most votes. But almost a quarter of his audience wants RT. Do you want to imply that if 1 in 4 members of your audience wants something is that somehow a small percentage ? This result in their inquiry actually show theres a massive request for RT. My takeaway from this would have been to double down my efforts for RT coverage. A quarter of my audience being interested is a big chunck, its not 3%
You make it sound like they didn't spend any time on RT. 3/4 of their audience wanted them to focus on rasterization, which they did. That other 25% is a big chunk, I agree, and they did that segment a service by making a dedicated video to it along with multiple long Q&A sessions about that topic.

They addressed all of their audience's needs both proportionally and thoroughly.

Top Bottom