• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Changes to Xbox Live Gold Pricing, Free-to-Play Games to be Unlocked [Update]

quest

Not Banned from OT
You are in denial. Paying 69.99 upfront gives you the privilege of not having to pay anymore. If you think you paid more by paying upfront, you literally know nothing about freetoplay gaming.
The hell it does plenty of retail games have season passes and other dlc. I love to pay 69.99 and be done with it but loot boxes are in everything these days.

The hell it does plenty of retail games have season passes and other dlc. I love to pay 69.99 and be done with it but loot boxes are in everything these days.
Your position, that you deserve better treatment because you paid an entry fee, is simply not true. Free To Play games cost far more to play, as such Sony and Nintendo realized they would make more money by removing the paid online, making more people fall into that trap.

You trying to argue that you got a bad deal, sounds more like you never played a real Free To Play game. Because you wouldn't believe that for a second if you knew how many people bankrupt themselves playing "free" games.

Yes, you are better off with season pass and pay to own. Yes, you are saving more money that way. You can't be serious if you think you are somehow a bigger customer than those whales who go into debt pulling gatcha at 0.00001% odds.

Last edited:
By the same logic, ms can increase prices, business is business.
Not quite sure what can be tied to professional behavior out of all of this.

But they didn't, did they?

Flip flopping especially about sensetive subject like price is professional behaviour?

Jimmy_liv

But they didn't, did they?

Flip flopping especially about sensetive subject like price is professional behaviour?
"flip flopping" over price isnt a great look for MS but at least they addressed it. It doesn't wash away the bad taste 100% but it does reverse most of it.

That said, now matter how I look at it, a change from £50 to £70 in PS5 games is grim at any time but particularly poor during covid and as I said earlier ive not seen anything like the backlash.

Top Bottom