• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Alright so Yoshi is June (for best region), Devil's Third is August, and Mario Maker is September?

I predict that Xenoblade X will be coming October, Star Fox November, and Animal Crossing U will be announced for December.

EAD Tokyo's next project (that is not necessarily Mario) will be announced for 2016, and end up taking the big May slot like Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon did.

Metroid U will be announced for 2016, Retro Studios.

The Legend of Zelda on track for 2016, but no other info to share.

Then we'll be getting the final Smash amiibo later in the year (Falco, G&W, ROB, Duck Hunt), Fox and Falco compatible with Star Fox U.

Animal Crossing amiibo releasing alongside the game.

More DLC on the way. After the Splatoon content rollout ends in August, two packs will be releasing in November and February.
Mario Kart 8 DLC packs 3 and 4 coming in December and March. Kirby in pack 3, and Inklings in pack 4.

chrono01

vkC0Fbf.jpg
KwJBbSG.gif

I kinda think that Next Level Games is working on Metroid for Wii U. Nintendo forced them to make Luigi's Mansion 2 first as a "test", and they've now proven themselves more than capable of handling the IP.

Very few members of the Prime staff are still at Retro. Fucking Diddy Kong is coming. I can feel it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So where is the Nintendo leak going to come from this time?

Showfloor photos?
Time's article?
Pre-E3 party rumblings?

I kinda think that Next Level Games is working on Metroid for Wii U. Nintendo forced them to make Luigi's Mansion 2 first as a "test", and they've now proven themselves more than capable of handling the IP.

Very few members of the Prime staff are still at Retro. Fucking Diddy Kong is coming. I can feel it.

No way Nintendo would have Next Level make Metroid for the Wii U instead of Retro.

DK is really the worst of Nintendo's 'big' IPs.

Just unappealing characters and worlds that you gotta put up with for the gameplay.

Not
Sorry DK fans.
The character designs are admittedly divisive, but unappealing WORLDS? What the fuck is wrong with you?

No way Nintendo would have Next Level make Metroid for the Wii U instead of Retro.
No way Nintendo would have Team Ninja make Metroid for Wii instead of Retro. Crazier things have happened!

DK is really the worst of Nintendo's 'big' IPs.

Just unappealing characters and worlds that you gotta put up with for the gameplay.

Not
Sorry DK fans.

lol, Tropical Freeze is one of the best games of all time, I hope Retro makes another one just to get this kind of salt.

Roo

Eh.. I don't know. I loved Luigi's Mansion 2, brilliant and successful game but the Metroid IP itself is on another level
Plus, the last installment really hurt the game's image so I'd think they'd be extra careful about who's handling the next one. Right now, Retro seems to be the logical choice due to their record with it.

Poyunch

Fucking Inkling better be in Smash and already have a trailer ready. They're not giving me Zelda news so they're going to give me this. THEY WILL.

I really want Retro to do a 2D Metroid with the Donkey Kong engine.

One, because I think it'd be amazing and two, because I want to see if people say it's wasting their talent again.

danwu

Banned
lol, Tropical Freeze is one of the best games of all time, I hope Retro makes another one just to get this kind of salt.

yeah it's weird that people don't like Retro making Donkey Kong.
I'm not sure how they could go back to Metroid as reviewers will pan the game either being too hard or not COD friendly enough.

I dunno I just find the jungle settings fairly boring and generic ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Lucky for you, not every stage takes place in the jungle. And Juicy Jungle is arguably the best world in Tropical Freeze, so it's a moot point. Retro needs to bring back the darker atmosphere of DKC2. Jungles do get boring, especially since they're constantly shoehorned into Smash. Still waiting for that factory stage.

Lucky for you, not every stage takes place in the jungle. And Juicy Jungle is arguably the best world in Tropical Freeze, so it's a moot point. Retro needs to bring back the darker atmosphere of DKC2. Jungles do get boring, especially since they're constantly shoehorned into Smash.

I know that, I've played and enjoyed both Returns and Tropical Freeze.

Skiesofwonder

Youtube !

It should be interesting to see what Geoff & company will present during their Nintendo half-hour. Though I highly doubt he will know anything since he isn't directly involved with what is being shown by Nintendo at E3 like he was with the VGXs.

The best chance for some juicy hints flying around should be at the NWC and pre-show.

Metroid Prime was pretty dark... assuming this isn't sarcasm. But yeah, different development team. DK already fills a niche as Nintendo's hard platformer, so giving the game world a darker tone wouldn't hurt.

But that's Metroid.

They have darker levels in Donkey Kong but because they aren't """"""edgy""""""" like Rare's, some don't like them.

That's fine but their job isn't to copy another team's vision.

0kstrawdogsnog

Not

Banned
I can't believe people are still calling it Zelda Wii U at this point. Hope Aonuma is there so he can skillfully dodge / clumsily deny NX compatibility and status as a system launch title in a vain and altogether ridiculous attempt to keep Wii U sales from plummeting even more.

I'm just salty. Show a damn trailer!

danwu

Banned
It should be interesting to see what Geoff & company will present during their Nintendo half-hour. Though I highly doubt he will know anything since he isn't directly involved with what is being shown by Nintendo at E3 like he was with the VGXs.

The best chance for some juicy hints flying around should be at the NWC and pre-show.

I'm not expecting much from a pre-show reveal, that's a given. Nintendo will just play it cool and give us tidbits of what to expect like maybe a new f-zero and play to the nintendo crowd by promosing their will be one new I.P and a big third party game for their E3 direct presentation.

Not

Banned
I agree with the Donkey Kong hate. That, Yoshi + NSMB + most eShop = Nintendo hypeboner killer. And my balls will be bluer than the Falcon if we don't see F-Zero.

But that's Metroid.

They have darker levels in Donkey Kong but because they aren't """"""edgy""""""" like Rare's, some don't like them.

That's fine but their job isn't to copy another team's vision.
Krazy Kremland, Gloomy Gulch, and K. Rool's Keep are darker than anything in Tropical Freeze. No edge necessary. The self proclaimed core gamers dismiss DK because it's not "mature" enough, which is bogus. However, there's a reason why DKC2 is still the most celebrated game in the series (I personally prefer DKC3). It's all about tone.

I agree with the Donkey Kong hate. That, Yoshi + NSMB + most eShop = Nintendo hypeboner killer. And my balls will be bluer than the Falcon if we don't see F-Zero.
You better change your username to Papa Smurf.

?oe?oe

And I agree with the Donkey Kong hate. That, Yoshi + NSMB + most eShop = Nintendo hypeboner killer. And my balls will be bluer than the Falcon if we don't see F-Zero.

Eshop reel was posted a day before last year's event and Yoshi might not be in the presentation as there's been a lot of coverage lately.

Skiesofwonder

I'm not expecting much from a pre-show reveal, that's a given. Nintendo will just play it cool and give us tidbits of what to expect like maybe a new f-zero and play to the nintendo crowd by promosing their will be one new I.P and a big third party game for their E3 direct presentation.

If they hinted at that just one of those on Sunday then I would be satisfied!

Edit: to clarify, I would be satisfied with that amount of teasing.

Top Bottom