• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Looking forward to the festivities, from the Smash Direct to the Treehouse streams. Barring the Zelda no-show, it's looking to be another fun E3.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
wait, so the ign platinum game video is actually sandwiched between two Nintendo-related IGN stuff?

mStudios

I think they are secretly inviting smasher to a tournament.

Nairo was all like "Man.. I didnt get invited to the E3" but then he's going to California, for "vacations"

spekkeh

Banned
Ugh I'm going to miss out on all of e3 goodness. The other main conferences are in the dead of night, and exactly during the most hype, Nintendo's event, I have a barbecue with my work. Normally I'd cancel, but I have to organize it. And I think faking food poisoning is not such a good idea this time around.

ibikrfxptzrsukocprp.gif

This one is pretty well done parody with the Yamauchi I can walk bit at the end lol

Red Hood

Banned
Since they already confirmed Zelda U won't be showing (or they're toying with our sweet hearts and they'll show it regardless), I don't even know what to expect. Like, at this point I only NEED (one of) three unannounced games for the Wii U, but I doubt they're realistic:

• Metroid 5
  • F-Zero UX
  • Super Mario 64-2
Can't think of anything else that would get me hyped out of my fucking socks, literally everything else ranges from "I suppose that's fine" to "fuck off". But since the chances of my wishes happening are pretty much non-existent, I don't want to get hyped for nothing special. Looking more forward to the other publishers to be honest (specifically Square for DX:MD, plus Bethesda and EA for the inevitable Dishonored 2 and Mass Effect 4 respectively). Still, I'll definitely tune in and see what's what.

Scott667

Looking at the IGN timetable, it says their Nintendo post-show session is at 9:45. Does this mean the Digital Event is only 45 minutes long? I would have thought it would be a full hour.

Volotaire

Added the Gamespot's Streaming schedule for Nintendo Games to the OP:

Gamespot E3 2015 Schedule for Nintendo Games PT/BST

Tue, 16th June
  • 2:40 PM/22:40 Nintendo Title 1
  • 5:40 PM/01:40 Nintendo Title 2

Wed, 17th June
  • 1:40 PM/21:40 Nintendo Title 3
  • 5:00 PM/01:00 Nintendo Title 4

Thur, 18th June
  • 11:40 AM/17:40 Nintendo Title 5
  • 12:20 PM/18:20 Unannounced Platinum Games Title 1 ???

Mario Maker
Yoshi's Woolly World
Star Fox
Xenoblade
Devil's Third?

The fact that Platinum's game is listed separately might mean that it's being self-published.

Volotaire

It would be a shame that Yoshi's Woolly World gets a closer look this close to release i.e. within 2 weeks in Europe and 3-4 in the US. What a shame.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well you cant just stand around a train station quietly and get a ticket. They gonna think you loitering after awhile lol

this is why you need arcades in a train station

Wait so it's confirmed that the platinum games game is for Nintendo?

AniHawk

i really believe this will be one of the most boring e3s for nintendo. they don't have much to show off and have sort of been scrapping for a lineup. kind of surprised they went through the effort of revealing c and d tier games in the nintendo direct from last week though.

Taker666

Tue, 16th June
•2:40 PM/22:40 Nintendo Title 1
•5:40 PM/01:40 Nintendo Title 2

Wed, 17th June
•1:40 PM/21:40 Nintendo Title 3
•5:00 PM/01:00 Nintendo Title 4

Thur, 18th June
•11:40 AM/17:40 Nintendo Title 5
•12:20 PM/18:20 Unannounced Platinum Games Title 1 ???

I'd actually say that schedule confirms the Platinum reveal is NOT for Wii U.

Gamespot spread publishers through their schedule. If you look at the first 2 days, there's a 3 hr gap between Nintendo titles being shown.

The fact the Platinum title is being shown only 20 minutes after a Nintendo title .... pretty puts a nail in the coffin of Platinum's game being for Nintendo.

Volotaire

i really believe this will be one of the most boring e3s for nintendo. they don't have much to show off and have sort of been scrapping for a lineup. kind of surprised they went through the effort of revealing c and d tier games in the nintendo direct from last week though.

I partly agree. Inferring from the 5 titles, a large portion will be games that are from past E3's. However, we still don't know what games they will tease i.e. will not be shown on the showfloor. If they add 1 or 2 teased games as well they could have a OK showing. But I agree, less exciting than last year.

EDIT: Moreover, they may not be able to tease games as well. Given they are now in the process of shifting resources to their next consoles on both hardware fronts, they may leave those game reveals for future E3's.

We won't really know if they've been "scrapping for a lineup" until we've seen it, but I agree that they could have saved things like Chibi Robo or Bravely Second to pad out their conference.

danwu

Banned

Disagree. Nintendo's show will be impressive as always ! Just wait a few more days to see !

Taker666

The fact they have reiterated a number of times that it'll be heavily focused on games releasing this year and very early 2016/ games that will be launching in the "near future"..

...does make me wonder how much new content will be shown. They have already announced pretty much every game I'd expect for this year for Wii U.

Art Academy/Yoshi in June/July,
Devil's Third in August,
Mario Maker in September,
Fatal Frame in October? (pre-Halloween),
Starfox in November...

...with Xenoblade X and Project Guard, Project Giant Robot supposedly being squeezed in somewhere else (assuming the project games aren't part of Starfox ).

I'd expect one big reveal for November/December due to the lack of Zelda and the Tantalus game for around the same time (although if the Tantalus game is a Nintendo themed Minecraft as some have predicted ...that may be their big holiday game) and probably an announcement for a couple minor early 2016 titles and their big Spring game.

I'm sort of expecting DLC announcements, Indie games (like FAST Racing) and a couple of big 3DS announcements (Pokémon z..maybe a Mario or Metroid) to make up the majority of new stuff...I know Retro and Next Level should have something to announce for Wii U..but I'm not sure if that'll happen yet.

Volotaire

Senator Soufflé;167485159 said:
There won't be a Geoff Keighley/ Reggie interview this year will there? They are always a highlight.

Because Geoff is not doing E3 with GT/SPIKE this year, there won't be one. Unless, Geoff has managed to Get Reggie on his YouTube E3 show.

CassSept

I guess next year will be far more interesting. NX, future online plans, possibly some unexpected game reveals, maybe next home console tease? This year, eh, hard to tell, but there must be something for this fall and Q1 2016.

This is why I take off the Tuesday of E3 every year. I cannot wait to see what is coming from Nintendo.
The first year that I took off work to watch the Nintendo conference was in 2004. That was the year of the twilight Princess reveal, DS unveiling, Revolution tease, Reggie for the first time, and a final trailer for RE4.

As a result, I've continued to take the day off for the last 10 years. However nothing has matched that 2004 conference... yet.

The first year that I took off work to watch the Nintendo conference was in 2004. That was the year of the twilight Princess reveal, DS unveiling, Revolution tease, Reggie for the first time, and a final trailer for RE4.

As a result, I've continued to take the day off for the last 10 years. However nothing has matched that 2004 conference... yet.

Don't get you hopes up for this year... 2016/2017 will be the next big ones.

Just go in not expecting much new from EAD, and you'll be fine. Anything else will be a pleasant bonus.

Definitely going to be a comparatively quiet year, mind.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just go in not expecting much new from EAD, and you'll be fine. Anything else will be a pleasant bonus.

Definitely going to be a comparatively quiet year, mind.

More Mario Kart DLC will be enough for me.

I doubt Nintendo wants to talk about NX, but I'm sure the press will manage to get some juicy details,
especially from Ubisoft.

CassSept

How much effort did Captain Toad take? This conference roughly lines up with E3 2009 when looking at previous gen, I wonder if we could perhaps see some early version of the new EAD Tokyo game?

Top Bottom