• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Clefargle

The gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime was 8 years.

The gap between Donkey Kong Country 3 and Donkey Kong Country Returns was 14 years (or 11 if you count Donkey Kong 64).

Honestly, this Metroid fans are suffering and Donkey Kong fans have got it all sob story is getting old. This weird war between two series is so odd when you can just enjoy both. What if Retro announced Ice Climbers U? That would be a 30 year gap. Can't exactly bring up the years argument then.

I hope that isn't the basis of their thinking because that could just as easily be because they want to have Diddy Kong on a hat. They are after all bringing him more and more into the main Mario group when it comes to the Mario brand.

And how many other DK titles happened?

Donkey Konga
Mario vs DK
Jungle beat
Barrel blast
King of swing
DK jungle climber

This isn't sincere at all, you know why Retro fans being up the disparity between time between releases of DK series and Metroid. It's simple, because Retro made multiple titles from each franchise. The reason no one talks about how long it's been since Ice climbers is first, not many care, secondly because Retro never developed an Ice climber game. Your examples are silly, and it's clear what people want from Retro. Now let's see if Ninty will make good on it later today.

KaneU

Realistically, there is no way that this direct can come close to Sony or Microsoft conferences, they just don't have as many resources or 3rd party support, plus they are probably focusing their resources on NX. Prepare yourself for a thin showing...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Not if the game looks like crap. Nintendo aren't going to get away with showing a CG trailer of Zelda now they let the cat out the bag with actual gameplay footage. I've no doubt that Zelda U was delayed because a) they didn't have any actual game inside that world, or b) the game was just straight up not working or fun to play. Showing it in a poor state would be disastrous.

They will get away with anything, people are not expecting Zelda, so the surprise alone will be enough. Just look at TLG trailer. You can even show the same footage, slightly improved. Maybe add a bit from a dungeon. That's all they need.

Caramello

Is there any chance of something Pokemon related being announced? It's been pretty quiet since Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Or is that something usually left for Nintendo Directs and stuff?

Pokemon games are usually announced separate from Nintendo Directs and E3 I think. However I wouldn't be surprised by an announcement of Pokemon Red/Blue Anniversary for early 2016.

Shauni

I am not sure... they have one that is schedule for reveal tomorrow.... the transofrmers seems to not be their only new game.... Guess we will find out later today.

Pretty sure tomorrow is the gameplay reveal. On the YouTube E3 coverage, they had the director and said the gameplay would be shown on IGN later. Unless you're referencing something else, it's Transformers.

Nobody knows what it is or who made it.

Not sure where you're going with this. You're saying it's a Metroid game then, or not?

Taker666

If Retro is working on a first or third person shooter.. I hope it has gyro aim ala Splatoon (as an option).

It feels so wrong going back to standard dual analogue after playing Splatoon....I keep tilting the pad to look up and down instead of moving the stick.

If Retro is working on a first or third person shooter.. I hope it has gyro aim ala Splatoon (as an option).

It feels so wrong going back to standard dual analogue after playing Splatoon....I keep tilting the pad to look up and down instead of moving the stick.

IR is best, gyro is clumsy and painful. Also less accurate.

Shauni

I get deja vu of last year with many people thinking Nintendo would have a weak showing and everyone with low expectations. Not saying that's a guarantee this show will live up to last year's or anything, but it's interesting to me how the default feeling for anything Nintendo is pessimism and cynicism nowadays.

Razmos

That Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game was just announced not long ago
Oh right of course, I forgot about that. Kinda came out of nowhere that one.

Mystery Dungeon and Pokken are the only things I can think of. Not expecting a new main game. Pokemon Z would be a surprise. Pokemon Snap would work so well with the gamepad but I don't see it happening.
We've already seen TLG and FF7 remake this E3, I think a Pokemon Snap remake would tip the gaming community into chaos :p

Pokemon games are usually announced separate from Nintendo Directs and E3 I think. However I wouldn't be surprised by an announcement of Pokemon Red/Blue Anniversary for early 2016.
Now that I think about it the announcement of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire came absolutely out of nowhere. Has there really never been anything main-line pokemon related shown at E3? I find that odd.

Caramello

I get deja vu of last year with many people thinking Nintendo would have a weak showing and everyone with low expectations. Not saying that's a guarantee this show will live up to last year's or anything, but it's interesting to me how the default feeling for anything Nintendo is pessimism and cynicism nowadays.

I think it's more about managing expectations. You have to remember that Nintendo don't tend to announce or show many games during their Digital Event. Last year they had a good event but it was Treehouse Live that really stole the show.

BKSmash

Gimme an epic Star Fox reveal, new Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi, more Mario Kart 8 dlc, new Amiibos and surprises. This is not too much to ask for, so I hope you BRING IT Nintendo!

Lynd7

Retro surely isn't working on another DK game, Nintendo surely isn't that stupid. They know it'll get an awful reaction.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And how many other DK titles happened?

Donkey Konga
Mario vs DK
Jungle beat
Barrel blast
King of swing
DK jungle climber

This isn't sincere at all, you know why Retro fans being up the disparity between time between releases of DK series and Metroid. It's simple, because Retro made multiple titles from each franchise. The reason no one talks about how long it's been since Ice climbers is first, not many care, secondly because Retro never developed an Ice climber game. Your examples are silly, and it's clear what people want from Retro. Now let's see if Ninty will make good on it later today.
People bring up Prime as I assume they want more of that style of game, rather than requesting Metroid from all Nintendo studios in general because since that could result in something different (like Metroid Prime Pinball 2), therefore it's fair to compare a DKC game with a DKC game rather than a Taiko: Drum Master spinoff. Anyway, my point was brining up the waiting years is a silly argument ergo the ridiculous Ice Climbers example. I didn't really think that needed explaining.

Volotaire

I'm in a different country and don't really know when it will begin. How much longer til the direct?

In the OP, there is a table for all Nintendo events with different timezones. Which country/timezone do you live in?

WIDozfp.png

EDIT: Beaten.

Hikami

and it's 6:14 am.. seems like I've woken up too early
Oh well, guess I'll grab some coffee or something.

Have no clue what Nintendo has in store this time, usually have a general idea but drawing a blank for this year

popeutlal

I can't believe some of you are expecting blockbuster games for Wii U. Considering how big failure this machine is at this stage...just be happy any games at all are being released on it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Retro surely isn't working on another DK game, Nintendo surely isn't that stupid. They know it'll get an awful reaction.

Or it'll be like Tropical Freeze where the internet whines and complains about butthurt because wasted talent and then it winds up one of the best games Nintendo has ever published.

Shauni

I think it's more about managing expectations. You have to remember that Nintendo don't tend to announce or show many games during their Digital Event. Last year they had a good event but it was Treehouse Live that really stole the show.

I suppose, but in general, I feel like the tone of these type of threads for Nintendo media is pretty down overall. I may be off, I don't know, just seems there's always more legit excitement and hype in stuff for other companies.

KingBroly

Banned
People bring up Prime as I assume they want more of that style of game, rather than requesting Metroid from all Nintendo studios in general because since that could result in something different (like Metroid Prime Pinball 2), therefore it's fair to compare a DKC game with a DKC game rather than a Taiko: Drum Master spinoff. Anyway, my point was brining up the waiting years is a silly argument ergo the ridiculous Ice Climbers example. I didn't really think that needed explaining.

It's moreso that people trust Retro Studios to do Metroid rather than anyone else because no one else has proven themselves to make a worthwhile Metroid title in forever. Yoshio Sakamoto didn't do it, and people generally don't want him near the series with a million foot pole after Other M. I personally want Metroid to be done by an EAD team to give the series some much needed backbone it's needed internally at Nintendo for some time. Retro cannot and should not do Metroid forever.

Taker666

I get deja vu of last year ]with many people thinking Nintendo would have a weak showing and everyone with low expectations. Not saying that's a guarantee this show will live up to last year's or anything, but it's interesting to me how the default feeling for anything Nintendo is pessimism and cynicism nowadays.

To be fair..that's the impression Nintendo have been putting out there.

They said no Zelda..and they have said multiple times that they'll be showing games launching in the near future in the event, emphasising it'll be to show 2015 releases and some early 2016 ones (which is why Zelda won't be shown as it's not due in that time period).

Nintendo's statements have pretty much told fans to manage their expectations as we already know what almost all of their 2015 games will be (on Wii U at least).

Xenoboy

You guys will see Blast Ball be a new Metroid game following Samus starting off in the G.F.

This is going to be the ultimate Samus simulator. We will be playing through Samus' extra-curricular activities, like blastball, and making Papa Adam happy. It'll be like a dating-simulator, but with a twist. It's going to be a Father-Daughter simulator.

While I have a lot of love for Nintendo, I don't really see how they're going to top the other conferences.

This has been a truly phenomenal E3 so far.

I can't believe some of you are expecting blockbuster games for Wii U. Considering how big failure this machine is at this stage...just be happy any games at all are being released on it.
The only blockbusters people are expecting are Nintendo games and despite the system awful sales they still managed to sell a few

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Blockbuster relative to Nintendo's output or the output of the industry in general? I don't think anyone would expect the latter from Nintendo even if the Wii U was the number one selling system off all time, it's just not their kind of thing. And since we're not really expecting much from third parties I think it's fair to say no one is expecting a big blockbuster game for Wii U.

Top Bottom