• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

KAP151

So glad I have tomorrow off work so I can stay up till 2am for this.

Though I'll probably stay up for Square's as well, I'll catch up on my sleep during the day lol.

Melbourne here.

I was up from 1.30 to nearly 4 this morning and am going back to back again for Nintendo. havent really slept yet.

It was fucking freezing (had to be super quiet and no heater which wakes the Mrs), but its once a year so ill live.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'd love an "extreme sports" E3 from Nintendo.

Wave Race, 1080, Pilotwings, Mario Strikers, Excite Trucks.

One can dream :)

Porcile

After Sony's conference I think the decision of not showing Zelda U is a very wrong one. People love to see games that will be released in 2017-2018 so a 2016 one should be perfectly fine.

Also, if Nintendo doesn't show any Metroid at this E3, they have failed.

Not if the game looks like crap. Nintendo aren't going to get away with showing a CG trailer of Zelda now they let the cat out the bag with actual gameplay footage. I've no doubt that Zelda U was delayed because a) they didn't have any actual game inside that world, or b) the game was just straight up not working or fun to play. Showing it in a poor state would be disastrous.

Caramello

Super Mario Maker segment + release date, Xenoblade Chronicles X English trailer + release date, Yoshi Woolly World release date, Some nindies, Hyrule Warriors 3DS (oops that leaked!)

And I'm predicting Animal Crossing Wii U, Paper Mario Wii U and a Remaster. I have no clue what Retro has in store.

I expect pretty much the same. I think the remaster might be Sunshine HD if there is one and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 2D Metroid on 3DS.

Shiggy

If Retro was working on a new Kong game and that game was no 2D platformer, I think people would not be as disappointed as last time.

They surely are working on an existing Nintendo franchise which is unrelated to Retro's first games

ZeroX03

Banned
Are there any stream links live yet? I don't want to check GAF and get spoiled, I just want to flip my iPad open and watch it all from the start as soon as I wake up.

Qurupeke

FWIW, Tropical Freeze was considerably better than that Wii game.
I'm sure about this but still I don't think that another DKC is what people want. Wii U already has many platformers, it would be nice to see Retro on something new, like F zero.

Caramello

Also if a Kid Icarus Uprising HD port DOES happen...I will be pretty satisfied.

Complete with Amiibo cards.

I'm sure about this but still I don't think that another DKC is what people want. Wii U already has many platformers, it would be nice to see Retro on something new, like F zero.

I actually think more people would prefer Donkey Kong but there's that very vocal minority that makes you believe otherwise.

Shauni

Why exactly are people so sure that Retro's next game is Donkey Kong? Is there anything pointing to this besides the whole Diddy Kong trademark thing from a few days ago?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
3 Prime games on 2 consoles and the last one was 8 years ago? I think that it's a good time to give the Metroid fans some treat.

The gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime was 8 years.

The gap between Donkey Kong Country 3 and Donkey Kong Country Returns was 14 years (or 11 if you count Donkey Kong 64).

Honestly, this Metroid fans are suffering and Donkey Kong fans have got it all sob story is getting old. This weird war between two series is so odd when you can just enjoy both. What if Retro announced Ice Climbers U? That would be a 30 year gap. Can't exactly bring up the years argument then.

Why exactly are people so sure that Retro's next game is Donkey Kong? Is there anything pointing to this besides the whole Diddy Kong trademark thing from a few days ago?
I hope that isn't the basis of their thinking because that could just as easily be because they want to have Diddy Kong on a hat. They are after all bringing him more and more into the main Mario group when it comes to the Mario brand.

Shauni

The gap between Donkey Kong Country 3 and Donkey Kong Country Returns was 14 years (or 11 if you count Donkey Kong 64).

Honestly, this Metroid fans are suffering and Donkey Kong fans have got it all sob story is getting old. This weird war between two series is so odd when you can just enjoy both. What if Retro announced Ice Climbers U? That would be a 30 year gap. Can't exactly bring up the years argument then.

That'd be interesting, especially the reaction considering Ice Climbers NES is such a piece of shit.

Doczu

Gold Member

I enjoy both, but i have enough platformers on my Wii U.

AniHawk

final predictions:

1. bayonetta 3 by retro studios
2. mother 3 but in earthbound 64 style
3. star fox wii u's full name: new star fox
4. metroid: blast ball announced for 3ds, f2p with microtransactions
5. animal crossing themed splatoon dlc announced
6. skies of arcadia 2 for 3ds announced - made by the valkyria team and rieko kodama
7. diddy kong 3d platformer announced, developed by next-level for 3ds
8. monster games up-porting super mario 64 ds to 3ds as super mario 64 ds 3d
9. xenoblade date
10. mega man legends 3 for 3ds
11. close the event with the holiday wii u game: beyond good & evil 2

thought i'd try to be a bit more realistic.

final predictions:

1. bayonetta 3 by retro studios
2. mother 3 but in earthbound 64 style
3. star fox wii u's full name: new star fox
4. metroid: blast ball announced for 3ds, f2p with microtransactions
5. animal crossing themed splatoon dlc announced
6. skies of arcadia 2 for 3ds announced - made by the valkyria team and rieko kodama
7. diddy kong 3d platformer announced, developed by next-level for 3ds
8. monster games up-porting super mario 64 ds to 3ds as super mario 64 ds 3d
9. xenoblade date
10. mega man legends 3 for 3ds
11. close the event with the holiday wii u game: beyond good & evil 2

thought i'd try to be a bit more realistic.

Cranky pls

buzzth

So now that no Platinum game was shown in Xbox/Sony does that mean their hyped title is on Nintendo, or is it really that lame Transformers game..

KingBroly

Banned
Okay, let's see...

- Skylanders with amiibo support on Wii U/3DS: Basically Gear or something like that for your figures if you use an amiibo or something like that. Hinted at during the Giant Bombcast and the Disney Infinity people being sour on amiibo recently.

- Minecraft on Wii U by Tantalus. I mean, it has to be, right? It's the only thing left out there at this point for them to do unless Nintendo has them on something, which I doubt.

- Animal Crossing Utopia with amiibo figures. I feel like they're going to be easy amiibo to find OR are Nintendo's next big amiibo set, with 1 figure for each Special Villager, so 40-50 in all. They said they'd need to change the game for consoles, so I hope dual-screen local multiplayer is one of them.

- Star Fox U will be episodic. 3 paths, bottom/middle/top. Beat all 3 for an extra path to get the true ending or something like that. Maybe a $30 downloadable/$40 retail game

- Dragon Quest 8 localization. 2016

- Xenoblade Chronicles X release date for the west.

- Mother 3 localization announcement. 2016.

- F-Zero UX by Next Level Games

- Metroid Prime 4 by Retro Studios

That's really all I can think of in terms of new announcements.

I don't care if Retro is making a Donkey Kong, Metroid or F-Zero game, any of those three would make me really excited.

Would slightly prefer Metroid or F-Zero since we've already had Tropical Freeze.

I lost my hype for Xenoblade X sadly, as it seems to focus on the things I enjoyed the least about Xenoblade.

Razmos

Is there any chance of something Pokemon related being announced? It's been pretty quiet since Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Or is that something usually left for Nintendo Directs and stuff?

Shauni

People seemed to have dropped any expectations for a new Punch-Out!! despite it being really hinted at the E3 announcement video.

So now that no Platinum game was shown in Xbox/Sony does that mean their hyped title is on Nintendo, or is it really that lame Transformers game..

It was Transformers

Shiggy

What other Nintendo franchise could they work on?

Starfox? Could be.
Metroid? Unless they work on Blastball, no.
Ice Climbers? Doubtful.

Shauni

What other Nintendo franchise could they work on?

Starfox? Could be.
Metroid? Unless they work on Blastball, no.
Ice Climbers? Doubtful.

Is Blastball an actual Metroid game?

Is there any chance of something Pokemon related being announced? It's been pretty quiet since Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

That Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game was just announced not long ago

Mystery Dungeon and Pokken are the only things I can think of. Not expecting a new main game. Pokemon Z would be a surprise. Pokemon Snap would work so well with the gamepad but I don't see it happening.

Top Bottom