• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

E-phonk

Banned
What if Retro announced Ice Climbers U?
Wasn't that announced yesterday?

I am not sure... they have one that is schedule for reveal today.... the transformers seems to not be their only new game.... Guess we will find out later today.
Also, transformers is by the metal gear rising team, no? Not saying another Nintendo-Platinum colab is coming, although I still wouldn't dismiss them helping out on star fox.

My want list:
Super Mario Maker with some crazy single player content
SMT x FireEmblem releases Q1 2016
Fire Emblem if releases Q4 2015
Retro makes something unexpected
Next Level Games makes something unexpected
Paper Mario TTYD sequel by IS in the same vain, classic mario RPG goodness
Star Fox = Warhawk online gameplay
A crazy 3rd party collab
Mother 3, just because I never played it
A nintendo Hearthstone-like game. Releases on WiiU, 3DS and mobile

Shauni

All we can assume is that they are not working on an original IP and most likely not on a console Metroid game.

Why is it most likely not a console Metroid? I would be fine with that (love Prime, but I'm fine with moving on from it), but curious where that info is coming from.

After the, in my opinion, great Sony and Microsoft conferences, I am hoping that Nintendo can deliver. Of all current-gen consoles, I only have a Wii U and have been waiting for great titles I really want to play before buying an XONE or PS4. The conferences surely delivered and that's something I didn't quite expect.

The conference will last only 45 minutes, but since it's a Direct they can cram much more in it that if they would've done with an actual live conference. I hope it's full of new surprises and not too many games that we've already heard about. I mean, we know about Hyrule Warriors now and the new 3DS version needs only a couple of minutes screen time. Yoshi's Woolly World is almost launching so that shouldn't have any screen time really.
Same goes for Super Mario Maker (since it has been featured at the Treehouse and probably will be over the next few days).

And I hope there won't be another Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's 45 minutes

Relatively short, but my gut says they don't have a lot to discuss anyway. Even being conservative (+/- 2mins):

5 - Yarn Yoshi again, release details, etc
5 - Animal Crossing amiibos and their associated game
5 - Super Mario Maker again, release details, etc
5 - Star Fox stuff
5 - Xenoblade 2 again, release details
5 - Indy/digital showcase
5 - Fire Emblem 3DS
5 - Devil's Third?

There's ~40 minutes alone.

Taker666

Has this actually been said, or are we drawing this assumption based on that Zelda delay tweet? Because I always felt people took that too literally overall. Due to the retailer invitation thing that leaked, we know that 2016 games will be there, and I don't recall there ever being any kind of specification that it will be only early 2016 titles.

I mean, like I said, I'm not saying we're in for some blowout show for sure. I, like everyone else, won't know until a few hours. But it is interesting to me how the assumption is already pretty dire.

..a rep said it before...Nintendo tweeted along thoses lines....and in the last US Direct Bill Trinen said at E3 they'd be focusing in depth and detail on games launching in 2015 and early 2016 (he emphasised early ).

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/06-01-2015/#/video-ndirect
You can see him say it here at around 10 min 25 seconds.

That's not to say they won't have a few announcements for later..but they have given the impression 3 times (that I know of) that they'll have a clear focus on games launching this year.

The_Lump

Banned
Nintendo won't top the Sony conference for sheer content of course (beyond the hardcore Nintendo Fans) - but Microsoft's, outside of one or two nice announcements, was imo a really poorly put together conference. Terrible pacing, terrible timing of each big bit of news, awkward presentation (giving Devs ~15 seconds to introduce a trailer and then have them vanish from the stage by the time it's finished, before they can tell us anything useful about the flipping game we just saw!!).

They could surprise everyone with a couple of unexpected reveals, you never know. There's a few second party studios and even first party depts which should have cooked something up by now given their last projects. Retro have the most potential there I think. They staffed up quite some time ago in some very specific areas if I remember rightly, and this will probably be WiiU's last big e3 all to itself, sooo...... Finger's crossed.

Really? All this talk about Retro MUST be working on the game I want seems...petty. Whatever game Retro comes out with, I'll be happy with. They've proven to be valuable developers that have a real talent so far with whatever they touch.

And let's be honest, if they aren't making Metroid, there will be complaining thread, not a "hype" thread. In fact, if they come out with a Metroid and they don't make it a FPS, it will be a complaining thread. Retro HAS to make a Metroid FPS in your eyes and stop denying that we won't get a thread going "Retro betrayed us" unless its a perfect Metroid Prime 4 if they show up at all.

Yeah, lets use some devs for something people dont clearly want anymore. That sure is smart!
Maybe close retro or start firing people there after it because DCK3R sells even worse than tropical freeze.
What a master plan that is!

Thats what I want, because I want retro to not fall apart after a disastrous election of IP like DK could be again. Im praying for nintendo to be a little smarter this time.

BTW I would love a new IP or really old ip revival into something amazing that surprises me, not even metroid prime. And Im sure the majority of people would be happy with an AAA work from a a game that is not another freaking platfomer, and much less another DK, even if its not metroid prime 4.

Shauni

..a rep said it before...Nintendo tweeted along thoses lines....and in the last US Direct Bill Trinen said at E3 they'd be focusing in depth and detail on games launching in 2015 and early 2016 (he emphasised early ).

That's not to say they won't have a few announcements for later..but they have given the impression 3 times (that I know of) that they'll have a clear focus on games launching this year.

I see. Well, I still expect games from later on, though, but I guess I'm in the minority.

Porcile

I don't expect to see anything from Retro this year. It was nearly three years after DKR released that we first heard about DKTF. It was the same for DKR as well. That was announced three years after Metroid Prime. There's not going to be any Retro Studios game at E3. Next year for sure though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Remember Nintendo has a habit of announcing titles outside of the conferences like on their website or in the case of last year The Treehouse.

45 minutes?

00:00 - 00:05 - Iwata and Reggie fight Part 2
00:05 - 00:10 - Reggie kills Miyamoto, Iwata turns into Super Saiyajin
00:10 - 00:13 - New Dragon Ball Game for 3DS announced
00:13 - 00:15 - Actually port of a japanese DB that was never released here
00:15 - 00:20 - Animal Crossing amiibo
00:25 - 00:30 - Super Mario amiibo
00:30 - 00:40 - Nintendo announces Matryoshka amiibos for Russia, you can put your amiibos in bigger amiibos
00:40 - 00:45 - Reggie tells you goodbye but before you leave look at this trailer

00:45 - 00:50 - FF VII will release on the WIi U too, exclusive download content via Matryoshka amiibos, exclusive to GameStop
00:50 - 00:55 - new Platinum Games Trailer of Open World Action Adventure
00:55 - 01:00 - Iwata apologies that the Platinum Game was cancelled
01:00 - 01:05 - But he has exclusive Iwata, Reggie and Miyamoto amiibos. Exclusive to east-side harbor mobsters, out now.
01:05 - 01:06 - Iwata tells you that FF VII was a joke, won't come for the Wii U, ever.

Thanks for watching

Boney

Banned
They are gonna be showing lots of announced stuff. Mario maker, Starfox, Yoshi, xcx, Pokken, devil's third, fatal frame are definately gonna be there (well maybe not the last three). Fire emblem and a few more 3ds games should be there.

I'm expecting a few announcements. Animal crossing (which in my opinion it's a wrong console to target), along with the new AC Amiibo. Pokemon might make an appearance. Retro should be announcing a new project as well, and I see some new collaborations with next level games among others. I don't think it'll be a "megaton" e3, but it'll be quality software

JoeM86

Iwata has said there are numerous unannounced Wii U titles for release before April 2016, so we should be good

ozfunghi

The Wonderful 101 sold like ass and it's the best game on the system. Life is cruel.

Real talk I want, of all established franchises, Retro to work on Metroid much more than Donkey Kong. I've had my top tier DKC fix on the Wii U, now I need Prime 4. But if all they've got to offer is another DKC, side scrolling or 3D (where the fuck is this gossip coming from?), then my initial disappointment will be quelled by the confidence it'll be fucking amazing.

It doesn't have to be Metroid Prime 4. In fairness, i think i enjoyed something like Deus Ex HR more than i did Prime 2 and 3 (imagine a cross breed from those two franchises). But a great, deep, engaging, good looking game, preferably futuristic/sci-fi. Doesn't have to be a FPS or FPA, maybe they can go for a survival horror game or a stealth game, or why not an RPG. Just no more DK. Please.

Shauni

I don't expect to see anything from Retro this year. It was nearly three years after DKR released that we first heard about DKTF. It was the same for DKR as well. That was announced three years after Metroid Prime. There's not going to be any Retro Studios game at E3. Next year for sure though.

They said they started work on their next game since slightly before TF went golden, if I'm not mistaken (and the general assumption was that was actually 2013 and the game was pushed to early 2014 due to being so barren), so they've been working on it potentially for 2 years-ish. I don't think an announcement trailer for their next game is totally off the wall.

KingBroly

Banned

Nintendo says "early next year" A LOT, and often games get pushed to the fall. Why? I don't know. They're not very efficient for doing that so much.

I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that Retro is doing Star Fox at this point.

Shiggy

Why is it most likely not a console Metroid? I would be fine with that (love Prime, but I'm fine with moving on from it), but curious where that info is coming from.

I don't think they would've lost even more senior employees from the Metroid era if they started to work on a new Metroid game. I guess they are working on something with a broader appeal. 5 hours left till we know.

The_Lump

Banned
Relatively short, but my gut says they don't have a lot to discuss anyway. Even being conservative (+/- 2mins):

5 - Star Fox stuff
5 - Fire Emblem 3DS
5 - Devil's Third?

The other 5 minutes is for Iwata's awkward introduction and "Directly to you" gag.

In all seriousness, I found they crammed a lot into last years Direct and the lack of awkward pauses/forced applause made it feel like we saw more than we did.

maxcriden

Okay guys. Those who are iffy about their hype, it's time to get hyped for real. Those who are already hyped, I'm psyched too. This is a once a year event that for me harkens back to my childhood and having to wait to read about the new E3 announcements in EGM or eagerly awaiting IGN to update their site. E3 presentations have continued to evolve and Nintendo had finally now settled into a good groive where they can confidently and excitingly disseminate their latest and greatest announcements. Just think back to how you felt when you first saw an announcement for the next installment of your favorite Nintendo game, whichever it may be, or the first unveiling of a Nintendo game and franchise that was destined to hold a special place in your heart. Today they might reveal games that are just as exciting and special to you.

Today is a day filled to the brim with possibilities and I for one am extremely eager to see what Nintendo has been working on and what their future holds. Nintendo is special to me in a way no other company is and in certain I'm not the only one here who feels that way. I am so happy for you all to get to watch this live and I hope you all enjoy it immensely and get exactly the games youvr been hoping for as well as the ones that as Nintendo likes to say they want to show us also, the ones that we didn't even know we wanted. I will be doing my level best to remain spoiler free and will be very eager to watch the DE as soon as I have a chance.

Enjoy the show all!!! :)

P.S. some are predicting most of the show will be devoted to things we already know. I'm hoping it will mostly be devoted to things we haven't even heard of yet. Like I said, now's the time to get hyped! Worst case scenario thenis disappointment and even then there's always another Direct around the corner, waiting in the wings with exciting announcements.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I trust Star Fox to be one of the best things we'll see tonight. Miyamoto treated it in the same way like Pikmin 3 and that turned out wonderfully.

I hope for a Metroid Prime 4 and a Mother 3 localization at the beginning of the Digital Event (or at least one of them) to set up the good mood for this.

I think some console Zelda should be present here, if it's not Zelda U then Zelda TP HD or something.

I don't think F-Zero has too many chances of being here.

I think Nintendo desperately needs some sports games, so anything from Mario Strikers to Punch-Out would make this event better.

I expect the announcement of Mario Paper U and Animal Crossing U. ACU probably coming these holidays.

So, let's see.

Birathen

Im more excited about the treehouse after the direct. Thats what made e3 special for me last year. Nintendo drops a few bombs, treehouse moves in and cleans up.

jaosobno

Dream scenario:

- 2.5D Metroid for 3DS
- Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime Trilogy ports for N3DS
- removal of region lock

Realistic scenario:

- none of the above

Shauni

I thought most were certain that Punch-Out was going to be announced based on that E3 announcement trailer that was basically one big homage to Punch-Out. I guess a lot have changed their mind on that? It's barely been mentioned by anyone. That's the big one I'm looking for.

Boney

Banned
I really doubt Yoshi and Mario Maker are gonna take 5 min to show each.
Yoshi shouldn't be that long as they've been showing it for a while, and they're gonna focus on the pre launch media there.

But SMM? You bet your ass it'll be the biggest focus alongside animal crossing. It's their biggest game for the season and it's their biggest brand. They're gonna sell you the concept of ease of making levels, and how fun it is to play the levels and all the sharing features (spelled out to us like we're 5yo's).

Shauni

Remember a year ago Miyamoto flat out mentioned 2D and 3DS metroid games were in planning.

If I recall, though, did he actually say there being planned or did it just say ideas were being kicked around for both? Because one is a very different thing than the other.

The_Lump

Banned
SONY delivered an E3 conference full of big announcements, unfortunately some of those games are like 2 (3?) years away.

Exactly. Nintendo are unlikely to even show what they have in the pipeline for late 2016, let alone after that. Couple that with the lack of 3rd party support and I predict a fairly lean event with maybe 1 or 2 nice surprises, possibly a big reveal for Retro studios, and a lot of Amiibo talk/Indie content/virtual console stuff. Plus at least 40% focused on 3DS.

5 - Star Fox stuff
5 - Fire Emblem 3DS
5 - Devil's Third?

OMG MY TEARS OF SADNESS my hype is gone after reading this

Shauni

Yoshi shouldn't be that long as they've been showing it for a while, and they're gonna focus on the pre launch media there.

But SMM? You bet your ass it'll be the biggest focus alongside animal crossing. It's their biggest game for the season and it's their biggest brand. They're gonna sell you the concept of ease of making levels, and how fun it is to play the levels and all the sharing features (spelled out to us like we're 5yo's).

It should probably be mentioned that Yoshi was demoed on the YouTube E3 channel, so I don't think much will be said about that outside a release date.

Qurupeke

Guys, I doubt the only new games are Animal Crossing U and Star Fox. There are at least 2-3 more, not counting eShop stuff. And I'm just talking about Wii U games...

Scum

Most are going to be disappointed, regardless of what happens. Just give me my Miyamoto directed, PlatinumGames developed, StarFox please.

Top Bottom