• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct announced for September 14 at 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 15 UK, 16 CEST featuring 40 minutes of Nintendo Switch games releasing this Winter

Nydius

Nintendo just straight shitting on F-Zero fans at this point. It’s been 20 years since GX, we’ve been asking for a new game since the midpoint of the Wii’s lifespan. A shitty battle royale mode of the ancient SNES game that is locked behind NSO is the best thing they can do?

They can remaster everything else but F-Zero GX gets shoved in a box and forgotten? Fuck outta here.

The only thing this direct illustrates is that, outside of Super Mario Wonder, my switch will continue to collect dust.

Last edited:

Sojiro

Probably the weakest direct I can remember, but I think it's fine if Nintendo is starting to slow it's pipeline of current switch games to hold for the successor. Probably a 5/10 for me, looking forward to: Splatoon DLC, Hundred Heroes, Paper Mario, Unicorn Overlord, Peach Showtime, Fzero 99 from this direct. Not a lot, but a few good things in there.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Guess it will be a seperate direct for switch 2. Still expect it this year, probably next month based on the history of the world. (unless switch 2 isn't coming out next March)
Lol, next September at the earliest is the only answer.

They already announced a mario bundle for the holidays, why would they announce a new console right afterwards?

Interfectum

Nintendo Fall 2023 Direct: A

Games I'm getting

Unicorn Overlord
Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes
Eastward Octopia
Another Code Recollection
Super Mario RPG Remake
Detective Pikachu Returns
Luigi Mansion 2 HD
Saga Emerald Beyond
Add Dave the Diver to that list unless you already got it on PC.

Check the reviews.

Last edited:
-Okay so thousand year door = awesome
-I like that new peach game where she has to save a play from shutting down also
-vanilla wear game looks great. Unicorn Dildo or something, hopefully sorceress from dragon's crown will make a guest appearance?
-super mario rpg looking like it will be great
-Actually kind of want another code collection
-little bit intrigued by wartales. like the genre, which they mashing up a bit and visuals have a grounded, playing it straight vibe
-Mario 35 was incredible. I Love that game. Not as crazy about F-zero but certainly interested in F-Zero 99

...but...Funky Kong ruins everything

Last edited:

BlackTron

I thought the biggest news for me would be the changed mechanics in Mario RPG, but then I saw Unicorn Overlord. Well hot damn an actually hype new ass game

Anyway Switch 2 will be revealed between March and June and launched September-November. Bookmark this post if you want you guys are silly

Interfectum

I thought the biggest news for me would be the changed mechanics in Mario RPG, but then I saw Unicorn Overlord. Well hot damn an actually hype new ass game

Anyway Switch 2 will be revealed between March and June and launched September-November. Bookmark this post if you want you guys are silly
Switch 2 is going to be revealed this winter and launched in April or May.

Jsisto

Fuck yeah! I feel like we might be entering a revival period of the classic turn based rpg. I’m so over the mmo style rpgs that seem to have dominated the last decade and a half or so. Sega needs to rerelease/remaster Skies of Arcadia. It’s been way too long.

Raven77

This is the most end of console life cycle presentation I've ever seen.

Switch 2 announcement at some point in the next 6 months and a release likely before the end of 2024 is all but guaranteed now.

BlackTron

Day fucking ONE for Thousand Year Door. Hopefully it sells a lot and nintendo realizes THIS is the style paper Mario should have.

Though let’s be real. If it sells a lot, they’ll go “people love paper Mario!” And then shit out another Sticker Star as a new game and then go “why people not like this?”

On the other hand, it's good that it has such proximity to SMRPG. I see it feasible that the SNES remake beats it in sales and puts a black and white statement in their face

BlackTron

This is the most end of console life cycle presentation I've ever seen.

Switch 2 announcement at some point in the next 6 months and a release likely before the end of 2024 is all but guaranteed now.

That was already guaranteed lol. Only question anybody had was "will they reveal this year or next year" and "will they launch early next year or late next year".

Shifty1897

It's very clear Nintendo is just trying to bide time while it readies a launch lineup for Switch 2 next fall. A lot of remakes and remasters this year.

Unicorn Overlord, Paper Mario TTYD, and F-Zero 99 for me.

Last edited:

shamoomoo

People are smoking crack if they think the Switch 2 is coming out next March.
What's stopping them from releasing it then? I really don't understand why gaming companies want to maximize their potential profit but choosing holidays,most hatdcore gamers are still going to cop a system whenever it drops.

Woopah

Remakes uh, I havent bought a game for it besides TOTK since Bowsers Fury which was attached to a port. Or should I count the half baked Pokemon games and Xenoblade/FE/Splatoon/Farm spam. Maybe the DLC for a wii u mario kart game should count, one of the tracks is a bathroom.
Well surely all the well reviewed games released in recent years would count?

BlackTron

What's stopping them from releasing it then? I really don't understand why gaming companies want to maximize their potential profit but choosing holidays,most hatdcore gamers are still going to cop a system whenever it drops.

Answered your own question. Your potential base of customers is largest for Christmas, and want to maximize efficiency of your advertising and software drops, so you time and align it all carefully. Same reason they finish games and sit on them for the right time to release instead of just send it out as soon as its ready. There are a lot more factors into it

BlackTron

I'm really hyped for this Vanillaware game, are they the last dev that can get me excited with a super anime artstyle and a title that has Unicorn in it?

I'm really hyped for this Vanillaware game, are they the last dev that can get me excited with a super anime artstyle and a title that has Unicorn in it?
Same here. I always loved their games. I wish they'd re-release Dragon's Crown, Aegis Rim and Odin Sphere on PS5. A tactical fantasy RPG was not something I expected them to announce so it was a cool surprise. I was wondering what their next game was and here it is lol.

There is something magical about Vanillaware's art style.

Last edited:
Top Bottom