• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct announced for September 14 at 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 15 UK, 16 CEST featuring 40 minutes of Nintendo Switch games releasing this Winter

shoplifter

I Dont Arrested Development GIF

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
-Where's the Metroid Prime Echos Switch port that's supposedly done?
- Zelda Windwaker and Twilight Princess Switch versions that are supposedly ready?

What a fucking snoozefest.....

RoboFu

One of the green rats
well that direct just makes it a fact that a n ew console is launching next year. All the Big games they are working on now is for the next console.

StueyDuck

Eh I didn't have high hopes but at least there wasnt as many farming games and era probably didn't jizz too much at creepy weeb games

Overall I rate this a 6/10

Didn't bum me out but it also wasn't anything special

Last edited:

shoplifter

I remain convinced that against all good sense that the new console will not have BC and you'll get another Nintendo Direct at the end of it's lifecycle selling you all of these same remakes

MagnesD3

Part of me wants to buy TTYD not because I dont have the OG but to show that a good paper mario can sell better but idk. I lost faith in Paper Mario for years now thanks to Miyamoto.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Wasn't bad. Plenty to play, and we all know the system is winding down. F-Zero shadow drop is a fun little bonus.

Last edited:

Stafford

So a remake/remaster of Paper Mario is probably gonna be the Switch's swang song? Well, that I doubt too. They won't do away with that install base so easily.

Meh Direct.

Saber

Gold Member
Gonna give thousand worth of laugh reactions to people thinking about Switch 2 and those raytracing and other stupid features rumors Nintendo don't care about lmfao

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Remaking SMRPG and TTYD at the same time while skipping Paper Mario is the most Nintendo thing ever.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I remain convinced that against all good sense that the new console will not have BC and you'll get another Nintendo Direct at the end of it's lifecycle selling you all of these same remakes
This has already been “rumored” but they say that they titles will be upcharged for new switch so like 9.99 for the upgrade

Sojiro

well that direct just makes it a fact that a n ew console is launching next year. All the Big games they are working on now is for the next console.
Yep I agree. Some people in here are losing their shit about this direct, but it definitely seems like Nintendo is winding down on the games for the current switch. Successor is definitely on the horizon.

Little Mac

I'll give it an 7.5 ... The Atlus/Vanillaware game was a pleasant surprise. No Metroid Prime 2 remastered announcement was a shame.

NanaMiku

Pretty excited with the announcement of the Nintendo Museum. They said it's gonna finished in 2023, so I hope they not delayed it. I'm going to Japan at the end of January lol

MagnesD3

Remaking SMRPG and TTYD at the same time while skipping Paper Mario is the most Nintendo thing ever.
Yeah the original is in my top 5 games of all time, I love that game, its very funny to me its getting no remake while the other two are.

Last edited:
Nintendo Fall 2023 Direct: A

Games I'm getting

Unicorn Overlord
Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes
Eastward Octopia
Another Code Recollection
Super Mario RPG Remake
Detective Pikachu Returns
Luigi Mansion 2 HD
Saga Emerald Beyond

AJUMP23

Cosplay peach looks like it could be fun if you want to play with your dolls.

Probably good but not for me.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Guess it will be a seperate direct for switch 2. Still expect it this year, probably next month based on the history of the world. (unless switch 2 isn't coming out next March)

As I said in the other thread, I think I have cracked the code...I am betting they will announce the Switch's successor at the opening or close to the opening of the Nintendo Museum with a release date in Fall/Winter 2024.

(Just my personal speculation)

Thoughts?

If this truly is the last year for the Switch, then this Direct is great. Plenty of games, both old and new, including some more obscure things that the hardcore audience enjoys. Way too much Mario for my taste, but otherwise fine.

But yeah, if they're not keeping their big hitters for a Switch 2 releasing within a year, we're screwed.

Top Bottom