• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct announced for September 14 at 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 15 UK, 16 CEST featuring 40 minutes of Nintendo Switch games releasing this Winter

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Noice Thats Nice GIF

Little Mac

Is the Switch 2 rumoured to be announced here? I just don't see it being announced this year at all.

Nah. That's next spring most likely. I also doubt we'll see anything on Metroid Prime 4 either as it's probably a cross generation title that launches with the Switch 2. Hoping for a Prime 2 remake announcement though.

Woopah

It will be decent, but I'm not expecting anything amazing. They'll be more details on the Peach game, and a couple of minor first party announcements for Q1.

Nintendo will save their main stuff for the Switch 2 announcement show early next year, but we could see Prime 4 or an F Zero remaster.

Given that this is the TGS Direct, expect many Japanese third party games to be shown.

Hudo

It will be decent, but I'm not expecting anything amazing. They'll be more details on the Peach game, and a couple of minor first party announcements for Q1.

Nintendo will save their main stuff for the Switch 2 announcement show early next year, but we could see Prime 4 or an F Zero remaster.

Given that this is the TGS Direct, expect many Japanese third party games to be shown.
This. They gonna send off the Switch into its last holiday with a focus on Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Super Mario RPG and probably some bigger third-party announcement or something (but nothing mind-breaking). I heavily suspect that Metroid Prime 4 will be kept for the Switch 2 reveal (but will be cross-gen) as will that Princess Peach game.

Hardensoul

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes HD remaster Shadow drop please, from my user name it is obvious that it is my favorite Metroid game. Other than that i'd be happy with a trailer for Luigi's Mansion 2 / Dark Moon and the New Peach game.
Slow drip to Prime 4, which looks even more like Prime 4 could possibly be cross Gen release on Switch 2?

- Maybe a TTYD GameCube rerelease ahead of Mario RPG to give Mario RPG fans something new to play til November?

- something Zelda that’s more traditional would be nice, even if a re-release or port.

- Want to see more of Fantasy Life i

- Peach game proper unveiling and a full trailer

- long shot prediction: first marketing push for Metroid Prime 4 ahead of 2024 release. Assuming at this point it’s cross-gen and they just won’t mention that til the new hardware is talked about next year.

- F-Zero might finally be getting its day in the sun, like Pikmin got over the summer with the 4 deluge and then 1&2 rereleases to celebrate ahead of the launch. I’d be happy with GBA FZeros added to NSO, but it seems like a premium retail release of maybe a GX remake seems more likely, I dunno. It’s been so long, if they’re doing something FZero then it’s gotta be something major.

- I think anything major related to DK is a long shot. I feel like a new DK platformer or 3D game would be saved for Switch 2.

This should be a really solid Direct, though. Especially since Wonder is their big holiday game and they’ve already done the blowout on that 2 weeks ago. Lots of room in a 40 minute meaty general Direct to cover off on other things and just a brief trailer for Wonder.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Hasn’t even been a year since Engaged, seems way too soon.

Seems like same with their other rotating series, Paper Mario, FE games are on a 3-4 year cycle.
Only reason I say this is because Engage was supposedly done and held for almost a year. But yeah, it's unlikely.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom