• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Chris Kwiecinski‏ @OchoK41 24h24 hours ago
More
This is Ryan Pace's Wikipedia page currently.

C-eKD-wUQAAJoN_.jpg:large

:jnc

Hindl

Alright going into the 4th Eagles have 2 picks. I'd like to see one of Perine, Mack, or Jamaal Adams chosen as a RB, and Isaiah Ford could be an interesting pick

He's small and I don't know how that will translate to the NFL but there are a lot of experts who wouldn't disagree with that opinion. He was truly a shutdown corner and I could count on one hand the amount of times that I ever saw him get beat in college over the last 2 years. He was the type of CB you could put on an island (and was) and not have to worry about whoever he was covering.

I think he's a top corner in the class and he'd have been a first round pick if it wasn't for the domestic violence case. But over people like Lattimore, Adams, and Jones? I dunno

RBH

I hate how when a team is making a draft pick, they gather fans of that respective team and make them awkwardly stand in front of a camera and cheer and act like they even have the slightest clue about who the player even is.

Shit is so forced and awkward

Pepiope

Zach Berman ✔ @ZBerm
When Eagles made Jernigan trade, they were worried they might miss out on Douglas.
11:50 PM - 28 Apr 2017

Seems like he was the pick no matter what. At least we got a stud lineman for free.

Hindl

Zach Berman ✔ @ZBerm
When Eagles made Jernigan trade, they were worried they might miss out on Douglas.
11:50 PM - 28 Apr 2017

Seems like he was the pick no matter what. At least we got a stud lineman for free.

He should've been gone when they picked

hom3land

I hate how when a team is making a draft pick, they gather fans of that respective team and make them awkwardly stand in front of a camera and cheer and act like they even have the slightest clue about who the player even is.

Shit is so forced and awkward

Tbf the whole draft is forced. I gave up when the networks started to have draft picks fantasy football implications. Literally it's nothing more then people talking out of their ass

Hindl

Hope he turns into a stud. I can have some fun yelling Rasullll every time he Don gud.

He could become a stud but I think he'll just be a solid, long corner, which is great. He's a real ballhawk. The Eagles are trying to build a Chiefs/Seahawks defense with a fast pass rush and long, gambling/playmaking CBs. Douglas doesn't have great speed but Douglas and Jones are the two best playmaking CBs in the class (they have their flaws but they sure know how to get INTs), and Derek Barnett is a top tier pass rusher, along with Jernigan. Really like the picks so far. Now they need to grab a RB, maybe a WR, and some DT/LB depth. Wouldn't mind OL depth either. Jenkins was hoping for a CB in the 1st but now he's got two new ones to work with

Pepiope

He could become a stud but I think he'll just be a solid, long corner, which is great. He's a real ballhawk. The Eagles are trying to build a Chiefs/Seahawks defense with a fast pass rush and long, gambling/playmaking CBs. Douglas doesn't have great speed but Douglas and Jones are the two best playmaking CBs in the class (they have their flaws but they sure know how to get INTs), and Derek Barnett is a top tier pass rusher, along with Jernigan. Really like the picks so far. Now they need to grab a RB, maybe a WR, and some DT/LB depth. Wouldn't mind OL depth either. Jenkins was hoping for a CB in the 1st but now he's got two new ones to work with
I'd love to see Jones step in after the bye to get experience. He'll definitely have time to take a step back and learn from the coaches. Hopefully he can grow in the sidelines.

But I really like Mills, so I do not mind him starting outside to start the year.

Kusagari

Last year the Niners waste a pick on Driskel of all people and this year they draft Beathard on day 2.

They love overdrafting mediocre QB's.

I almost freaked out yesterday when I saw ESPN reporting Washington was looking at RBs in the 2nd.

Instead we took Ryan Anderson from Bama and the CB from UCLA in the 3rd.

Freakout averted!

Five Gators taken so far, too. Not bad.

Hindl

I'd love to see Jones step in after the bye to get experience. He'll definitely have time to take a step back and learn from the coaches. Hopefully he can grow in the sidelines.

But I really like Mills, so I do not mind him starting outside to start the year.

I'd like for Jones to get playing time, but I don't think he'll really be effective. The playing experience would be good but there's a good chance he isn't even in playing shape for the season. I'd rather roll with Douglas and Mills for a year. Like you, I like Mills, and if he's a CB2 I think he can be pretty good.

He just got thrown into the gauntlet last year, having to cover OBJx2, Dez x2, DJax x2, AJ Green, Julio, AB...he got thrown into the fire

Bitanator

How is Cowboysgaf feeling the draft so far? Obi & Rivers were my boys, Hurts we were close to both, but liking how it has fallen for us so far.

Get a Safety, TE, and another DE and I'll love the draft.

cdyhybrid

Sounds like they wanted McDowell because they couldn't get Calais Campbell. Will be a pass-rushing 3-tech for them.

Pretty stoked about Amara Darboh - dude is a crazy story too.

Hawks have three Michigan dudes now with Hill, Darboh, and Clark. Pete and Harbs are tsundere for each other.

ZaCH3000

How is Cowboysgaf feeling the draft so far? Obi & Rivers were my boys, Hurts we were close to both, but liking how it has fallen for us so far.

Get a Safety, TE, and another DE and I'll love the draft.

I'm not super high on Taco. He shows inconsistency in his technique, and isn't as relentless in his pass rush as the other top edge prospects. However, he was the best available pass rusher and has the highest upside as a 3 down player among Harris and Takk who are both smaller, speed edge rushers. Luckily for us though, is that Taco showed flashes of brilliance and improved in his tape against better competition at seasons' end. His initial burst got quicker and he did a better job in his bend. For me, I have to wait and see at training camp. My biggest concern with him as a pick, is that he was picked solely for his measurables, because his overall game tape does not suggest a first round grade. I think there were better players at pick 28. In conclusion, if his production against OSU and FSU is indicative of the type of player he can be consistently in the NFL, we hit a homerun as he will definitely improve with our coaching staff. Taco may grow into a day one starter with potential to be a year after year pro bowler if he blends his monster measurables with an NFL edge rush skill set. I think he is a rotational player year 1 that sees his role and production grow later in the season, that develops into a starter and 3 down player with that first year under his built. The Cowboys made the right pick here.

Chidobe Awuzie. We lucked out drafting this player. He is athletic, versatile, aggressive in coverage and against the run, physical tackler that is always around the ball, and high football IQ. Football intelligence is his best trait. His biggest weakness is ball skills. His hands are small and unsure. He has hands like Orlando Scandrick. His game is very similar to Orlando as well, in that he will be in proper position to make a play, but ultimately infuriates us as fans because he will drop sure interceptions. At the end of the day, however, Awuzie will knock the ball down and break up plays. He is also an excellent blitzer, by far the best DB off the line of scrimmage by far. I think he projects as a day one starter, and future pro bowler.

Finally rd 3, our pick Jourdan Lewis. This was a gift. The addition of Lewis immediately adds another starter into our mix of cornerbacks. I think he competes with Nolan Carrol for a starting outside cornerback spot. It's possible he challenges Anthony Brown as well. If that happens, Brown will slide to the off-ball side and cover the other teams nr 2 receiver. He is arguably the best true cornerback of this class. Lewis locks down his man in coverage. I consider his coverage ability to be elite. His tackling and run support are solid aspects of his game as well. As a football player, I don't see any glaring weaknesses. He loses stock as a prospect because he is undersized, and his athleticism is slightly above average, but definitely enough to compete in the NFL. The bottom line with Jourdan Lewis is, he is a high floor player that will contribute in a meaningful way day one. His size and lack of athleticism may hold him back from becoming a pro bowler, but he will nonetheless be a very solid starter for years to come.

I'm excited so far. The board has been fortunate to Dallas with how these defensive players have fallen. I'm hoping we land Xavier Woods in rd 4. He's a small school player with lots of talent, a knack for making plays, dishes punishment, and has lots of upside.

Can someone tell me whether or not the Bucs did it?

Because I don't know those two dudes.

We got 3 today!

Justin Evans is a beast. Reminds me of Karl Joseph. He hits hard, and is fast. Also a huge weapon for Kick Returns and Punt Returns.

Chris Godwin is one of the most underrated WRs to come out of this draft imho. He's got great hands, is fast and can play slot as well as the outsides. Also a threat regarding Kick Returns.

Don't really know too much about the LSU LB we got but I have good faith in the pick, especially if we were willing to trade up for him. His tackles for a loss are really good.

We got 3 today!

Justin Evans is a beast. Reminds me of Karl Joseph. He hits hard, and is fast. Also a huge weapon for Kick Returns and Punt Returns.

Chris Godwin is one of the most underrated WRs to come out of this draft imho. He's got great hands, is fast and can play slot as well as the outsides. Also a threat regarding Kick Returns.

Don't really know too much about the LSU LB we got but I have good faith in the pick, especially if we were willing to trade up for him. His tackles for a loss are really good.
Dat offense 😩😩😩😩

Dat offense 😩😩😩😩

We're looking HOT. If Chris Godwin does what we need in the slot? We will be the best offense in the league.
okay. second. the patriots.
Licht and Koetter have very large faith in Doug Martin so hopefully that pays off. Honestly he had the 2nd highest rushing yards just 2 years ago...now with OJ Howard who can block real well and a good O'Line which I feel we didn't have 2 years ago? He could go #1 in rush yards.

ZaCH3000

We're looking HOT. If Chris Godwin does what we need in the slot? We will be the best offense in the league.
Licht and Koetter have very large faith in Doug Martin so hopefully that pays off. Honestly he had the 2nd highest rushing yards just 2 years ago...now with OJ Howard who can block real well and a good O'Line which I feel we didn't have 2 years ago? He could go #1 in rush yards.

Better than Dallas? Not with Jameis at QB or Martin at HB.

The Bucs don't have a good offensive line

But I really like Mills
, so I do not mind him starting outside to start the year.
No you don't. He is a player you tolerate because he is on your team. He wags his finger like a moron even when the QB makes a bad throw or the wind knocks a ball down. I believe garbage like him is why lurie brought in an adult to run the draft rather then Howie. I will be so happy when he is off the team. Maybe the next gm can cut him and resign Rowe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom